• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes Putin tick:

stvdv

Veteran Member
It explains why Putin is pissed
Good to see that there is someone who acknowledges this, most Americans dismiss their given verbal promise to Russia

it doesn't explain why he answered with the invasion of Ukraine
1+1=2. They need not explicitly explain the obvious to me.

It was not a smart move and Putin used to be smart. He is becoming senile and/or suffers from dictator misinformation syndrome.
IF you betray and not take Putin serious then the move is well within reason from Putin's POV, as he clearly explained "I can't forgive betrayal".

USA politicians are supposed to not be fools, hence they must have anticipated Putin's reaction to their betrayal, hence this might have been their plan all along

stvdv

Veteran Member
Very interesting @stvdv
It is good to be informed that we have blood on our hands, at least American government does.
Thank you @Spiderman. Indeed essential that USA acknowledge their part in the killings of Ukrainians now happening

Putin describes in 1min clearly what will happen IF...
(This was before he invaded, but NATO still ignored)

stvdv

Veteran Member
Another strange phenomenon is that although this thread has 125+ replies, it's still NOT FEATURED. Normally I see threads getting FEQTURED when hitting the 20 posts, not this one

Heyo

Veteran Member
1+1=2. They need not explicitly explain the obvious to me.

IF you betray and not take Putin serious then the move is well within reason from Putin's POV, as he clearly explained "I can't forgive betrayal".

USA politicians are supposed to not be fools, hence they must have anticipated Putin's reaction to their betrayal, hence this might have been their plan all along
You miss one important detail: Putin used to be smart. The invasion not only failed but even if it had succeeded, how would that have gotten him even with NATO? How will he get even now? Where is his plan B?
No, this was unforeseeable - and dumb.

stvdv

Veteran Member
You miss one important detail: Putin used to be smart. The invasion not only failed but even if it had succeeded, how would that have gotten him even with NATO? How will he get even now? Where is his plan B?
No, this was unforeseeable - and dumb.
You clearly miss my point

AND

I never implied it was smart

Heyo

Veteran Member
You clearly miss my point
It seems so.
AND

I never implied it was smart
Which was my point - which you missed.

When giving explanations or making predictions one has to take all facts into account. The explanation that Putin can't forgive treachery doesn't include that he also is (was) smart. A pissed and smart Putin would have found a way to get back at NATO without committing political suicide.

stvdv

Veteran Member
When giving explanations or making predictions one has to take all facts into account. The explanation that Putin can't forgive treachery doesn't include that he also is (was) smart. A pissed and smart Putin would have found a way to get back at NATO without committing political suicide.
This is so totally besides the point

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It seems so.

Which was my point - which you missed.

...especially because he put us Europeans into an awkward situation.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Which might be intended.
But at the moment, I think he doesn't care.

No...it is not.
I think it is the American Deep State that wants to destroy the Russia-EU trade relations, and we must not forget how promising this trade is.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
No...it is not.
I think it is the American Deep State that wants to destroy the Russia-EU trade relations, and we must not forget how promising this trade is.
I guess you suffer from wishful thinking here. Yes, the US doesn't like our trade relations and they'd like to sell us their overpriced shale gas. And we would have liked if those mutually beneficial economic dependency would be a guarantee for peace.
But remember that it was Putin who ended or endangered those relationships, not the US. Unless they found a method to remote control Putin, you can't blame them, this time. And don't try that bull**** "Putin had no other choice".
We had just completed Nord Stream II, against US intervention, so Putin knew that Germany (and Europe) were more interested in friendly relations than following US geopolitics.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I guess you suffer from wishful thinking here. Yes, the US doesn't like our trade relations and they'd like to sell us their overpriced shale gas. And we would have liked if those mutually beneficial economic dependency would be a guarantee for peace.
But remember that it was Putin who ended or endangered those relationships, not the US. Unless they found a method to remote control Putin, you can't blame them, this time. And don't try that bull**** "Putin had no other choice".
We had just completed Nord Stream II, against US intervention, so Putin knew that Germany (and Europe) were more interested in friendly relations than following US geopolitics.

Firstly: I am the first to condemn war, because it is unthinkable in the 21st century...and our European civilization has evolved, getting out of the warlike stage.
So I will never justify Putin's decision.

Nevertheless...if the American Deep State has been provoking Putin for 8 years, since the Maidan Coup...it is evident they want to unleash WW3...because that is what they have been doing for decades.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thank you @Spiderman. Indeed essential that USA acknowledge their part in the killings of Ukrainians now happening
At least USA is trying to do the right thing now, eg, aiding
Ukrainians to kill invading Russians, & enforcing economic
sanctions against Russia. Better late than never.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Firstly: I am the first to condemn war, because it is unthinkable in the 21st century...and our European civilization has evolved, getting out of the warlike stage.
So I will never justify Putin's decision.

Nevertheless...if the American Deep State has been provoking Putin for 8 years, since the Maidan Coup...it is evident they want to unleash WW3...because that is what they have been doing for decades. Setting up pretexts to bring us war and turmoil.

Thirdly, we Europeans should not fall into their trap.
We must say no to war.
There is no sense in that conspiracy theory. Russia is not the US antagonist the USSR was. The real contender for world domination is China and the US would do better in securing friendship with Russia in that upcoming conflict.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There is no sense in that conspiracy theory. Russia is not the US antagonist the USSR was. The real contender for world domination is China and the US would do better in securing friendship with Russia in that upcoming conflict.

Why arent they, then?
That's what I am saying. They should secure it.

Last edited: