• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What proof do you have of God?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You keep saying that wherever u go. I don't know why muslims haven't yet thrown themselves over you!
That is because it is true wherever I go. They try every so often and fail just as often. Can you name a single meaningfull category where the Quran is more reliable than the Bible? I can name dozens that show the opposite. Are you trying to start some kind of proxy argument?

otokage007

That is because it is true wherever I go. They try every so often and fail just as often. Can you name a single meaningfull category where the Quran is more reliable than the Bible?

I've read none, so I fear I can not. But anyway, I don't think those two are very reliable sources. :sarcastic

I can name dozens that show the opposite. Are you trying to start some kind of proxy argument?

No sir!

AmbiguousGuy

Your statements are very good proof that people are many times incoherent.
How extraordinary. My arguments and proofs are just invisible to you. You don't refute them. You don't even address them. You simply continue to assert your correctness and my error. I'm glad to encounter you.

Anyway, maybe some of the lurkers are actually reading my messages. There's always a chance of that.

My task is to weed out the incoherent from the coherent, and point the difference out.
I think that's an admirable goal. If you ever learn how to do it, please let me know. I would like to see your attempts.

No, I am ignoreing your trivial Jaylo statement and commenting on the other more meaningfull but incorrect contradictory statements that you made.

People who seek God with integrity fear no question. That's been my experience.

Anyway, here's my question again, based on this statement: When standing naked in the Antartic, Jaylo is hot.

Is my claim contradictory? Is it both true and false at once? What do you say?

You admit you are being contradictory on purpose....
No. I'm afraid that's your own confusion. I have never admitted to being contradictory. Frankly I'm not sure it's even possible for me to be contradictory. It would be a difficult task for me.

No, I pressume to tell people What God said about himself in the most reliable religous text in human history.
Sure. And the average Muslim with a 6th-grade education can tell me what God said about Himself, too. And it will be the opposite of what you tell me.

But I see no reason to view either one of you as a truer prophet than my own humble self. Forgive me saying so, but you don't write very well. You refuse to answer direct questions about your beliefs and often respond with insult. You ignore my arguments. And let us not forget that you clean missed the Sancho Panza question.

Now look at me.:eek:

So I ask you: Which one of us is likelier to have a true view of God?

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but sometimes I feel I have to be a little direct in order to get your attention.

Your question is the prime mover of meaninglessness in this discussion. It is the first cause wich produced all meaningless effects concerning it.
You know my questions are sensitive things. If you insult them to tears, can you really live with that?

There are additional things needed to make it meaningfull which you apparently can't suppply. So your original ball of nonsence just keeps getting bigger as it rolls along. There is nothing amusing, wise, or meaningfull in asking half a question.
Here's how you anwered my question: In order for a thing to be proven, it must be proven to whomever is used as the standard.

It's word salad, I'm pretty sure. By that, I mean that a majority of English speakers could not all come up with the same understanding of your meaning.

Here's how I answer my question: In order for a thing to be proven, it must be proven to another human mind. Things cannot be proven to the cosmos. They can't be proven to God. Things can only be proven to individual human minds. Therefore, only a confused person or a political activist will cast it into the passive voice and insist: "It has been proven!" But an actual theologian or prophet would never do that.

Pretty clear answer, yes?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
How extraordinary. My arguments and proofs are just invisible to you. You don't refute them. You don't even address them. You simply continue to assert your correctness and my error. I'm glad to encounter you.
Unfortunately they are far to visible to me. There is no need to keep addressing the fact that contradictions are in fact contradictions.

Anyway, maybe some of the lurkers are actually reading my messages. There's always a chance of that.
Unfortunately that may be true.

I think that's an admirable goal. If you ever learn how to do it, please let me know. I would like to see your attempts.
I don't think you are able to do so.

Fear has nothing to do with it. I am told to not cast pearls before swine. In this instance that means not to endlessly prove over and over that contradictions and nonsence are contradictory and make no sence.

Anyway, here's my question again, based on this statement: When standing naked in the Antartic, Jaylo is hot.
This subject deserves more competant and relevant discussion.

They are both true in an arbitrary, subjective, meaningless way. One is false in an absolute objective standard. It does not matter either way. I can't believe you find this worth the effort of typing.

No. I'm afraid that's your own confusion. I have never admitted to being contradictory. Frankly I'm not sure it's even possible for me to be contradictory. It would be a difficult task for me.
That has nothing to do with the fact you have made more contradictory statements in a shorter time frame than I thought possible. The fact you have not addmitted it just makes it worse.

Sure. And the average Muslim with a 6th-grade education can tell me what God said about Himself, too. And it will be the opposite of what you tell me.
There are ways of discovering who is telling the truth or most likely is. In not a single way is Islam more reliabl;e than Christianity. You might as well say that the Harry Potter books teach God and so are equivalent.

But I see no reason to view either one of you as a truer prophet than my own humble self. Forgive me saying so, but you don't write very well. You refuse to answer direct questions about your beliefs and often respond with insult. You ignore my arguments. And let us not forget that you clean missed the Sancho Panza question.
I give that which is deserved.

Me in every standard by which these issues are determined.

You know my questions are sensitive things. If you insult them to tears, can you really live with that?
If I could kill your questions I would. They are boring me to tears.

Here's how you anwered my question: In order for a thing to be proven, it must be proven to whomever is used as the standard.

It's word salad, I'm pretty sure. By that, I mean that a majority of English speakers could not all come up with the same understanding of your meaning.
It is a word salad that reflects the trivial and meaninglessness of the half question.

Here's how I answer my question: In order for a thing to be proven, it must be proven to another human mind.
That is exactly what I said buty I added the needed information by showing which mind.

Things cannot be proven to the cosmos. They can't be proven to God. Things can only be proven to individual human minds. Therefore, only a confused person or a political activist will cast it into the passive voice and insist: "It has been proven!" But an actual theologian or prophet would never do that.
The entire scientific community disagrees. Descarte said I think therefore I am. Prove that wrong.

Pretty clearly wrong.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Unfortunately they are far to visible to me. There is no need to keep addressing the fact that contradictions are in fact contradictions.

Unfortunately that may be true.
I don't think you are able to do so.

Fear has nothing to do with it. I am told to not cast pearls before swine. In this instance that means not to endlessly prove over and over that contradictions and nonsense are contradictory and make no sense.

This subject deserves more competent and relevant discussion.
They are both true in an arbitrary, subjective, meaningless way. One is false in an absolute objective standard. It does not matter either way. I can't believe you find this worth the effort of typing.
That has nothing to do with the fact you have made more contradictory statements in a shorter time frame than I thought possible. The fact you have not admitted it just makes it worse.
There are ways of discovering who is telling the truth or most likely is. In not a single way is Islam more reliable than Christianity. You might as well say that the Harry Potter books teach God and so are equivalent.

I give that which is deserved.

Me in every standard by which these issues are determined.
If I could kill your questions I would. They are boring me to tears.
Here's how you answered my question: In order for a thing to be proven, it must be proven to whomever is used as the standard.

It is a word salad that reflects the trivial and meaninglessness of the half question.
Here's how I answer my question: In order for a thing to be proven, it must be proven to another human mind.
That is exactly what I said buty I added the needed information by showing which mind.

Things cannot be proven to the cosmos. They can't be proven to God. Things can only be proven to individual human minds. Therefore, only a confused person or a political activist will cast it into the passive voice and insist: "It has been proven!" But an actual theologian or prophet would never do that.
The entire scientific community disagrees. Descarte said I think therefore I am. Prove that wrong.

Pretty clearly wrong.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Those who fear questions are lost from God, I'm pretty sure. He put us here to search for Him.
For the love. I have 190 semester hours in college. I am an amateur historian. I am also familiar with theology and philosophy. That means I have answered enough questions that I have reached the stage that I do not find meaningless and incomplete questions meaningfull or complete. You have said you are a prophet for a God that told you he does not speak and now does not even exist. What about that leads anyone to entertain your strange and incomplete word games even if you find them amusing?

AmbiguousGuy

For the love. I have 190 semester hours in college. I am an amateur historian. I am also familiar with theology and philosophy. That means I have answered enough questions that I have reached the stage that I do not find meaningless and incomplete questions meaningfull or complete. You have said you are a prophet for a God that told you he does not speak and now does not even exist. What about that leads anyone to entertain your strange and incomplete word games even if you find them amusing?

Well, that's kinda weird. I wonder then why it's been so easy for me to prove my God while showing yours to be false?

Maybe I only have 100 college hours but I'm twice as smart as you? So I'm at 200, with you lagging back at 190? Maybe that explains why my argumentation so easily dominates?

Man, what a mysterious universe we inhabit. So many maybes.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Well, that's kinda weird. I wonder then why it's been so easy for me to prove my God while showing yours to be false?

Maybe I only have 100 college hours but I'm twice as smart as you? So I'm at 200, with you lagging back at 190? Maybe that explains why my argumentation so easily dominates?

Man, what a mysterious universe we inhabit. So many maybes.
If you can make a non existent God (by your own admission) who told you he does not talk to anyone a proven reality you should be on Jerry Springer. I think you are having debates in your head that have different results than the ones in reality.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
God does not speak?...how about?

"Let there be light!"....or

"Tell the people 'I AM'..and they that understand will know whose law this is."