• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should be made into a film?

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145600/

the book is worthy of a way better production
This is one of my all time favourite books and, as a result, one that I would be very nervous about them making into a film - I'd quite possibly not see it, just in case it ruined the book for me.

yeah, the whole Space Trilogy!!! My #1 pick.

(Elwin Ransom - Sean Connery or Anthony Hopkins)
I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't read those books. I keep meaning to track them down but somehow I never seem to get around to it.

James

cardero

Citizen Mod
I would like to see a movie based on the life of Edgar Cayce. It should be called "Seer" and the lead role should be given to Johnny Depp.
Cayce_1910.jpg

Yes, I have given this a lot of thought.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I would like to see a movie based on the life of Edgar Cayce. It should be called "Seer" and the lead role should be given to Johnny Depp.
Cayce_1910.jpg

Have you ever watched the documentry on his life? Pretty interesting stuff.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Good idea. Ender's Game would be fantastic. Any good book can be made into an awful film, though, so I'm not sure you need to add the caveat - it goes without saying.
James
I didn’t care for Ender’s Game as a book. Too many battle simulations and the internet forum subplot between Andrew’s brother Peter and his sister Valentine just wasn’t captivating enough for this to transfer well into a movie. Shades of “The Last Starfighter” also come to mind.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Cayce_1910.jpg

you are an absolute genius cardero. if i had a pile of money i'd produce it for you.

too bad we don't have any Hollywood producers in here, we could keep them busy for quite a while.

cardero

Citizen Mod
you are an absolute genius cardero. if i had a pile of money i'd produce it for you.

too bad we don't have any Hollywood producers in here, we could keep them busy for quite a while.
If I had the money, I would produce it myself. If I had the time, the ambition and the knowledge it would go somewhere, I would write the screenplay. I have felt strongly about this since I read A Seer Out Of Season. It is a story that should be told and shared.

standing_alone

I would love to see Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison made into a film (granted a good job is done on it), but I just don't know how a movie could capture all the power and metaphor in that brilliant novel. Movies based on books seldom (if ever) do the actual book justice.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Mr. T did you enjoy the first "He-Man Masters Of The Universe" movie.
Not really. I remember liking the cartoon better. By the time Masters of the Universe came out, I was already into Ghostbusters anyways.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
The He-Man article states that a Voltron movie is in the works too!!!

I also heard they're redoing GI Joe, but in some weird way.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Fantasia 2010
In this movie, Disney animation would be challenged to put movement to modern musical classics like Steely Dan's "Aja", Led Zepplin's "Cashmere", Frank Zappa's "The Gumbo Variations", Rush's "Xanadu" and Stevie Wonder's "Contusion", Yes's "Close To the Edge" and Genesis' "Dance On The Volcano". I post this concept now so that Disney has enough time to get it out by 2010.