• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

51U2mS8cmwL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

There was something hilarious about it but I'm not sure what.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Finally saw django a few days ago. Pretty much what i expected. The one thing i didn't expect was to find Jamie Fox so fitting to his role.

Also saw Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Pales in comparison to Oldboy, but still a decent and disturbing movie when viewed independently.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
May be it was how much it sucked? :p
Well, it was well-received by critics and audiences and while it didn't perform very well in the box office it has sort of become a cult classic in terms of DVD sales and such. The comic it was directly based on has also been well-received.

I felt entertained throughout the movie. Mostly because I understood going in that it was absolutely ridiculous on purpose. If someone wants anything reasonable out of this movie they'll be disappointed.

It just had a really weird sense of humor that appealed to me.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Master and Commander: Far Side of the World

First time I've seen it in years, still fantastic.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, it was well-received by critics and audiences and while it didn't perform very well in the box office it has sort of become a cult classic in terms of DVD sales and such. The comic it was directly based on has also been well-received.

That is frightening news. :D

To clarify something just in case, the objective sense was meant as a joke. Not necessarily a very good one, though.

I felt entertained throughout the movie. Mostly because I understood going in that it was absolutely ridiculous on purpose. If someone wants anything reasonable out of this movie they'll be disappointed.

It just had a really weird sense of humor that appealed to me.

Oh i watch movies like that all the time, and watched this one too expecting just to be entertained. In fact, my main reason for choosing this one in particular was because i think Mary Elizabeth Winstead is hot, and was even rewarded with Alison Pill, who is quite hot too. She blew me away with her look in the movie.

This one didn't work for me only because i didn't really feel it's humor or the way it handled the flow of the story. It seemed a bit too rushed and awkward, all through.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is frightening news. :D

To clarify something just in case, the objective sense was meant as a joke. Not necessarily a very good one, though.

Oh i watch movies like that all the time, and watched this one too expecting just to be entertained. In fact, my main reason for choosing this one in particular was because i think Mary Elizabeth Winstead is hot, and was even rewarded with Alison Pill, who is quite hot too. She blew me away with her look in the movie.

This one didn't work for me only because i didn't really feel it's humor or the way it handled the flow of the story. It seemed a bit too rushed and awkward, all through.
Not gonna lie- I kind of wanted purple short hair after the movie was over. :sarcastic

Pastadamus

Last week I watched "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" with my sister and her five-year old son. I personally liked the novel better, but the movie isn't bad, and at the center of the story are good life-lessons about friendship, compassion and collective survival.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

I've watched almost all of Terry Gilliam's films, so it's a bit strange that I only got to this one just now, especially considering the phenomenal cast. Tom Waits, Christopher Plummer, Heath Ledger possibly in his last performance, as Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell were used as his substitutes after he passed away while still filming.
The background story is engaging, and I love the filming locations throughout London, sure did bring some memories and the thought that maybe another visit to London is in order.
It was indeed his last. I really liked how they worked in the other guys to fill in for Ledger, although I thought Johnny Depp worked as a fill-in much better than the other ones.

I watched Leaves of Grass the other night. Edward Norton's performance, as twin brothers, was amazing. And I really liked the brief philosophical ideas and discussions that were brought up in the movie.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Parnassus is fantastic.

My last movie was A Dangerous Method.
Crazy movie. Neither really liked or disliked it, but Mortenson is always grand.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Just watched Hanna.

I wasn't very impressed. It didn't really keep my attention and I wasn't really connecting with any of the actors.

Just another waify spy-heroine flik. And the action wasn't even that impressive.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really liked that movie. It was better than I expected, and I really liked Denzel in it.

That's basically how i felt about it too. I had expectations and thought it'll definitely be a movie worth watching. I was surprised however to see much more quality than i had originally expected.

Spoiler ahead:

Among the things i really liked was how they got me into the movie. Starting from when Reynolds was told that people are coming for the first time to the safe house all the way to when both he and Denzel left it (essentially all the stuff that went on in the first safe house), i could totally feel the adrenaline from the character's perspectives and the seriousness of what was going on. Especially from Ryan's perspective and how this was so frightening. This was pretty important to how i approached the rest of the movie. I think they did an awesome set up there by presenting this part so realistically and so well.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I think it was "The Dark Knight", couldn't get into it, I didn't finish watching it. That being said Batman isn't my favorite series of movies anyway, so no surprise there.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
In regards to safehouse (sorta)...

I do have to say I'm a bit surprised at Ryan Reynolds these days. He's come quite a long way since Van Wilder. I never would have predicted anything like a serious career for that guy.