• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I think the last movie I saw was Loopers. I really liked the ending--it's not easy to find a movie that ends well these days.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Went to see Les Miserables on Sunday, was good, though I do wish the lines in between songs were spoken, not sang. It was a little awkward. Loved the theme songs though, very heartfelt, overall good.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It's that good?

Still, it's no Die Hard.

It is if you are an old beatup martial artist Knockoutwho grew up with that stuff and I like it better than Die Hard..... but I will admit Forced Vengeance is not as good as The Return of Chen Zhen

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Three movies with Helen Mirren in the cast.

Gosford Park - this movie was about as interesting as chipping away old varnish from a night table.
The Passion of Ayn Rand (Showcase TV movie) - If Any Rand was a weird as Mirren portrays her, it is hard to imagine how the women ever became an icon.
The madness of King George - Mildly amusing and sometimes colourful, but ultimately as dull and as predictable as an Obama speech.

OK, OK... so Helen has been in some stinkers... (I'm crushed.)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The King's Speech.

I thought it was pretty good. Kind of straightforward, but very well-acted.

Basically Prince Albert has a stammering problem when he talks which is unfortunate 'cause he's supposed to talk a lot as a prince, so his wife Bellatrix Lestrange and his dad Dumbledore and are trying to help him get over it. Eventually Captain Barbossa becomes his speech therapist and tries to help him out.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh I never heard of those, and want to see them now. I love the animated DC superhero stuff.

Wikipedia says they're a sequel to Batman Year One, which I saw. That one was kind of short and disorganized but it was of high quality.
[/quote]

They just came out. Prt II was just released about 10 days ago.

Thanks for the tip about Batman Year One. I'll try and watch that next.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Splice. Scientists playing with genetics. Not really believable, but does poise good questions on the ethics of certain kinds of research

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I watched the new Silent Hill last night. That movie had some wicked awesome morbid concepts to it, like the monster built out of people mannequins. And then the scene that showed all the people layered and piled on top of each other, looking up from the grates as whoever it was walked over them, reminded me of a scene from Dante's Inferno. Actually the whole city of Silent Hill seemed to be another sub level of Hell.
I also watched the new Underworld. Not my favorite in the series, but still a good movie I thought.