• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I saw this one recently as well at the urging of many of my co-workers. I was less than impressed. As you say, the action was pretty cool, but it seemed a bit forced. It's possible that my perception was skewed by the raving reviews of my friends and it just fell short of what I was expecting. But really, I sort of reasoned out the plot long before it unfolded and that is very disappointing in any film. Also, I think Eric Bana is very over-rated as is Cate Blanchett. Not that they are terrible actors by any means, just that they aren't as good as their resume might suggest.

Yeah. Apart from the fact that
Hanna is superhuman
it's not really explained why main evil lady was after her. Also I don't remember learning anything about the main villains background/ past

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I loved the Hobbit. Even though the book is much more modest and have this Tolkienian pleasantness to it, the movie was just so entertaining, well done, and the characters, including (or especially) the villains were lively. For the entertainment the movie delivers I can overlook Jackson's heavy editing and dramatization.
I'll definitely get the extended version on DVD.

I got to watch the LOTR trilogy extended version only some months ago, and loved it, it closes a bit of minor loose ends, and some of the scenes were great.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I watched Silver Linings playbook on Friday and it was amazing.

WyattDerp

"Medicine Man". For me it was similar to Apocalyptico in that I mostly was enthralled by the native actors. It was overall a very sad movie for me, because I paid attention to what was real about it, and not so much to the Hollywood style happy ending plot. I was also kinda shocked when I realized they actually managed turning finding "the cure for cancer" into something that ended in an action scene. That's just nasty.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Just watched the book of Eli on tv...
I was awful.
Good ideas completely spoiled. Meh.

S2vnl.jpg

james bond

I've been busy, so haven't had time to go.

Mama. By Executive Producer Guillermo del Toro of Pan's Labrynth. Directed by Andrex Muschietti.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0615592/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Good cinematography. Good story. Weak screenplay.

Started off well, but ending was contrived with too much CGI.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0868219/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Notable quotes:
Victoria: Daddy, look! there's a woman outside the window. And she's not touching the floor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0393882/?ref_=tt_trv_quDr. Dreyfuss' Secretary: A ghost is an emotion bent out of shape, condemned to repeat itself time and time again.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
If ya'll haven't seen 7 Psychopaths yet you need to go out and rent it. It was excellent. Everything you could possibly want in a movie.

Unless you like boring status-quo movies. Then don't go see it.