• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Titanic

The Cook The Thief His Wife And Her Lover. A hidden NC-17 gem. I think at this point its safe to say I own quite a few NC-17 movies.

Titanic

Henry And June. The first NC-17 film ever made. The Wild Bunch. The first rated X film ever made. Both classics in their own respects.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Host. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't that good of a movie either. Some better acting definitely would've helped it though. It's not nearly as painful or gaggy to watch as Twilight, which definitely helps it out alot.
I also kinda felt it was a very poor attempt at making the morally good side seem bad and the morally bad side seem good and making the audience sympathetic towards the one who is technically bad. There was also one clear point in the movie where the main external conflict (trying to not give spoilers) is clearly over, yet it still lingers on. The mirrored finish on all the vehicles was pretty cool though. The story was decent though, except it's kinda all-for-nothing how it all turns out.

Last edited:

Titanic

All About Eve. The ultimate classic feminist film. This is a great movie. Man I know how to buy movies!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
मैत्रावरुणिः;3446179 said:
The whole series should be banned and the author of that series should be charged with high crimes against literature. :D :D :D
I've not read the books, and really don't care to. Although I suppose by default it would be better due to a lack of the terrible acting, but I just don't care to know if it gets any more better than that.

Knight of Albion

The Four Feathers. The classic British 1939 original film, directed by the legendary Alexander Korda.
A peace-loving man joins the Army to uphold the family tradition. When faced with an overseas posting to the Sudan. He decides he can't stomach the pretense any longer and resigns his commission. As a result he is branded a coward and is shunned by friends and loved ones. He is totally broken by this. Reaching rock bottom he meets the grim reality - he is a coward and realises there is only one way to redeem himself...
He books a private passage to Egypt and from there makes his way south to the Sudan.
Disguised as a native he manages to find his regiment and sets about restoring his honour through great acts of bravery.
A deeply poignant film. It was filmed in 1939. Everyone knew war with Nazi Germany was coming and it was expected to be a rerun of the nightmarish trench warfare of WWI. The subliminal message of the film to the young men of Britain was very clear...

[youtube]hyyDByrFZ3U[/youtube]
" the four feathers " - official trailer - 1939. - YouTube

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
A History Of Violence. Eyes Wide Shut.

You watch way too many movies and in an impossibly short amount of time. One comment will be at 4:16pm and the other one will be at 4:18pm....do you have like two to three movies on at the same time on different TV screens? :shrug:

Titanic

मैत्रावरुणिः;3447273 said:
You watch way too many movies and in an impossibly short amount of time. One comment will be at 4:16pm and the other one will be at 4:18pm....do you have like two to three movies on at the same time on different TV screens? :shrug:

You figured out my secret. Congratulations.

Titanic

मैत्रावरुणिः;3447285 said:
Maybe a little bit of fast forwarding going on?

I have 5 TVs in different rooms. So I mainly go back in forth watching different movies. I know its crazy but that way I can watch more movies. Also some of the movies I say, are ones I plan on watching later or have already watched before. Like a few days ago.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I have 5 TVs in different rooms. So I mainly go back in forth watching different movies. I know its crazy but that way I can watch more movies. Also some of the movies I say, are ones I plan on watching later or have already watched before. Like a few days ago.

5 TVs?? Woah. You are lucky. I watch movies from my laptop, this one, that I am typing from.

Titanic

मैत्रावरुणिः;3447294 said:
5 TVs?? Woah. You are lucky. I watch movies from my laptop, this one, that I am typing from.

Well I guess it comes with the pay... Using a laptop works too.