• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I also watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2, which is a two-part high-quality animated film depicting Frank Miller's 1986 comic of the same name. Batman comes out of retirement at age 55, and it's a much darker theme than most other Batman depictions. It's supposedly being used as partial inspiration for the upcoming Man of Steel 2 movie.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The new Evil Dead. Even though it was the first time I'd seen it, I felt as if I'd already seen it 100 times. But with an exploding plastic gas can, it is a movie that makes me wonder if the producers think the audience is dumb (and some other stuff, but that one really made me wonder).

Last edited:

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Fast Five.

The first Fast and Furious movie was well-written. The second one was kinda bad, because it didn't have Vin Diesel and most of the cast. The third one was a totally different story, kind of funny though. The fourth one got back to its roots, and was okay. The fifth one, Fast Five, was actually reasonably well written for what it was. I'll see the sixth one eventually.

It doesn't hurt that Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and the Rock are all really hot.

Hey, you do know that after Tokyo drift the following movies go back in time to before Tokyo drift occurred.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What'd you think?

I loved it, personally. I saw it a long time ago, but i remember i was very fascinated. I had low expectations going in, and was completely blown away by it's intensity and beauty. Certain scenes in particular got engraved in my mind.

Did you see it?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sad...beautiful, but sad.

I loved it, personally. I saw it a long time ago, but i remember i was very fascinated. I had low expectations going in, and was completely blown away by it's intensity and beauty. Certain scenes in particular got engraved in my mind.

Did you see it?
I saw it and thought it was very good. It was a very sad story, and quite original in the sense that it combined fantasy elements with very mundane graphic evil.

The director del Toro really put his heart and soul into it. He even did the subtitles himself because he didn't like how his previous film was subtitled, so he used his authority as writer/producer/director of the film to do the subtitles the way he wanted, which sometimes means that to capture the real meaning you have to do a translation that is not word-for-word.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey, you do know that after Tokyo drift the following movies go back in time to before Tokyo drift occurred.
Yes, I'm aware of that. There death of one of the characters in Tokyo drift, and his presence in the other ones, makes the timeline clear. I know that the sixth one ties into Tokyo Drift a bit more, and apparently the seventh one that they haven't made yet is supposed to take place at the end, after Tokyo drift.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I saw it and thought it was very good. It was a very sad story, and quite original in the sense that it combined fantasy elements with very mundane graphic evil.

The director del Toro really put his heart and soul into it. He even did the subtitles himself because he didn't like how his previous film was subtitled, so he used his authority as writer/producer/director of the film to do the subtitles the way he wanted, which sometimes means that to capture the real meaning you have to do a translation that is not word-for-word.

As a fluent Spanish speaker, I really appreciated the dialogue in the movie. Very well done.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The fact that del Toro can make an original, critically claimed fantasy-horror film like Pan's Labyrinth, and then make Pacific Rim, a movie about giant robots fighting giant creatures from a portal deep in the Pacific Ocean, makes him even cooler.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I loved the visuals in Pacific Rim; del Toro never fails in that department. Definitely wasn't crazy about the story, and thought the movie overall was pretty terrible. I don't fault him for it, though; he didn't make the story.

Titanic

I have a very extensive collection of movies and tv shows, so I watch a lot of different stuff to say the least.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Watching Inglorious Basterds right now. Absolutely Love this movie, and everything else Tarantino has been a part of. I own every movie with his name on it.

Django Unchained= BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Yes, I'm aware of that. There death of one of the characters in Tokyo drift, and his presence in the other ones, makes the timeline clear. I know that the sixth one ties into Tokyo Drift a bit more, and apparently the seventh one that they haven't made yet is supposed to take place at the end, after Tokyo drift.

You are indeed correct :)