• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fast Five.

The first Fast and Furious movie was well-written. The second one was kinda bad, because it didn't have Vin Diesel and most of the cast. The third one was a totally different story, kind of funny though. The fourth one got back to its roots, and was okay. The fifth one, Fast Five, was actually reasonably well written for what it was. I'll see the sixth one eventually.

It doesn't hurt that Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and the Rock are all really hot.

freethinker44

Evil Dead. Wasn't a remake or anything, more of a continuation of the first three, but it lacked some of the elements that made the first three great. So it was a pretty good movie but not if you hold it to the standards set by its predecessors.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
It was 'An Officer And A Gentleman', but before that it was my favourite film 'The Lovely Bones'.

Oh my gosh, I read that book (The Lovely Bones) and wanted to poke my eyes out. I kept reading expecting something to happen and nothing ever did. Pretty infuriating. Maybe the movie is better? :shrug: But I don't think I'm willing to find out.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Drive, with Ryan Gosling

Critically acclaimed, well acted, original, thriller.

Ryan Gosling plays a guy who is kind of like "The Transporter" but realistic. He's a stunt driver and mechanic in his normal job, but on the side he drives getaway cars for criminals once in a while.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The Evil Dead.

Didn't have nearly as much style as the original, IMO.

Wasn't scary, wasn't shocking, wasn't funny, . . .

It's like the people who made the remake never saw (or didn't care about) the original.

Knight of Albion

'What Dreams May Come'. A film for the incurably romantic!

In this clip the lead character, played by Robin Williams, has died and finds himself on the Other Side...where he is reunited with his 'dead' dog Katie.
(A comforting reminder that beloved pets will also be there to greet us when our 'time' comes.)

[youtube]CYonzhFT_z4[/youtube]
What Dreams May Come - Meeting Katie:) - YouTube

Titanic

9¹/² Weeks. A decent guilty pleasure film. Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory. A classic.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I watched Blue Valentine. It's a drama about a couple (played by Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling) that are in a loveless marriage with flashbacks to about five years ago when they were younger and first met and fell in love. So it's a contrast between the depression present and the promising past.

It's very well acted and received numerous awards. Interestingly, it originally received an NC-17 rating, because it depicted long, detailed sex scenes (that never show genitals) that were critical to the plot, and specifically for the NC-17 rating, depicted Gosling performing oral sex, though again, without really showing it. They appealed the rating, Gosling referred to the rating agency as sexist because the reverse case happens in many R-rated movies, as well as pointing out the absurdity of giving torture movies and other very violent movies R ratings and married sex scenes an NC-17 rating, and upon review the movie was unanimously given the R rating it should have.