• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
No. As the trailer suggests it is the experiment of an American of Indian descent in exploring the western perceptions of spirituality and the concept of gurus. Very honest, entertaining, and sensitive film. In my opinion.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
No. As the trailer suggests it is the experiment of an American of Indian descent in exploring the western perceptions of spirituality and the concept of gurus. Very honest, entertaining, and sensitive film. In my opinion.

Sweeeettt; finally something intriguing! Hehe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
मैत्रावरुणिः;3607801 said:
Sweeeettt; finally something intriguing! Hehe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I'm pretty much in shock myself that it slipped under my radar. :p

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste

Last night I saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug .... Five Stars. All the great, engaging, Lord of the Rings themes that makes for a great holiday time movie. And guess what? There's more coming after this! Don't want to give the plot away, but I can't wait for the next one! Just hope I don't have to wait until December 2014, hopefully by the Summer of 2014.

This December 2013 release has a lot of captivating characters that return again (part 2, but you don't have to have seen part 1 to enjoy!) in epic battles, action and adventure to this dragon centric theme, the iconic special effects in traditional gripping Rings style.

All adventurers will enjoy this entertaining movie full of "what's around the next corner?" on an almost 3 hour ride through dark and bright trails full of spirits, nobility, creatins, heroes, bugs and beauties galore stepping right out of mediaeval glory into a morphed sudo fantasy epic.

Om Namah Sivaya

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Saving Mr. Banks.

It was a really good film, and Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson did fantastic jobs, but some scenes were a little awkward to watch. Also, when one knows some history of the film's production, and of Disney himself, the changes and dramatizations they made become a little glaring.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, in 3D HD. Outfreakinstanding. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste

Last night I saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug .... Five Stars. All the great, engaging, Lord of the Rings themes that makes for a great holiday time movie. And guess what? There's more coming after this! Don't want to give the plot away, but I can't wait for the next one! Just hope I don't have to wait until December 2014, hopefully by the Summer of 2014.

This December 2013 release has a lot of captivating characters that return again (part 2, but you don't have to have seen part 1 to enjoy!) in epic battles, action and adventure to this dragon centric theme, the iconic special effects in traditional gripping Rings style.

All adventurers will enjoy this entertaining movie full of "what's around the next corner?" on an almost 3 hour ride through dark and bright trails full of spirits, nobility, creatins, heroes, bugs and beauties galore stepping right out of mediaeval glory into a morphed sudo fantasy epic.

Om Namah Sivaya

There was more in the movie than in the book, characters that didn't appear in the book, and parts of the book were expanded as if Tolkien wrote them in more detail. In the book Thranduil was stern and unforgiving, but here he was a total doosh. I project that the beginning of the next movie will be more of a weaving together of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. The process began in the middle of this movie, and quite nicely I might add. I think this will definitely be akin to the Star Wars saga in its sequence of movies.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thelma and Louise which was on the TV. I had never seen it before. I heard about it. The kiss at the end caused a controversy I remember. Were they gay? :redcard:

ps I don't care and um, I don't care

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I'm about to do the whole M. Knight Shyamalam marathon...again. Too bad I already know Bruce Willis is dead in Sixth Sense. =/