• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
I watched The Wall (2012 German-language scifi movie) on TV recently.
****SPOILER****
It sounded good on paper; an alien force field (the 'Wall') descends over a remote mountain valley, trapping a woman inside. She lives in a hut and hunts for food with a rifle for the next couple of years, but there's no real action and we have to sit through loads of her boring introverted soul-searching diary entries.
I only stuck with it to the end hoping to see the aliens show up, but they never did and we're left in midair without an ending or explanation,with her still stuck inside.

Die Wand (2012) - IMDb

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
'Meek's Cutoff' (2010 movie) was on TV last night and was another of those films that sound good on paper but don't manage to walk the walk.
***SPOILER***
Pioneer Meek with 3 wagons decides to leave the main Oregon trail and risk looking for a short cut ('a cutoff'), but it drags and drags without any action, and dialogue is very sparse, they all seem bored.
A third of it should have been left on the cutting room floor to speed things up.
Even worse, it has no ending, they're still out there trudging in the wilderness when the words 'The End' hits us in the face. leaving us completely in midair wondering whether they made it or not!
Meek's Cutoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS- it was supposedly based on a true incident, but after reading up on the real thing in Wiki I see it was nothing like it, so if viewers were hoping to see the rivetting true story of the Meek wagons, this boring mishmash wasn't it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meek_Cutoff

Last edited:

Matemkar

Pedar (Father) by Majid Majidi

Father - 1995 - iFilm English

k5bSjLKmYe.jpg

Last edited:

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
I watched 'Bermuda Triangle' (1996 movie) on TV the other night
***SPOILER***
but it was nothing to write home about; a family's yacht is caught in a spooky storm and they're washed ashore on a tropical island occupied by a bunch of other victims who've been there for years.
Apparently it's in the 27th dimension and there's probably no escape, so nearly everybody seems infuriatingly resigned to their fate and I felt like shaking them and saying "DON'T EVER GIVE UP! KEEP TRYING TO ESCAPE!"
But sadly it's more like a boring soap, and in that respect is a lot like the boring Under the Dome.
It ends in midar with everybody still stranded on the island, maybe the producers were hoping to make a series out of it.

Bermuda Triangle (1996) - Overview - MSN Movies

freethinker44

Under the Skin

Weird movie. Kind of like Species except not nearly as great and with Scarlett Johansson as the naked alien seducing men. Don't really care for Scarlett Johansson as an actor and even doing full frontal nudity wasn't enough to save her performance. Maybe would have been a better movie with a better lead in my opinion.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

Okay, I'm not a fan of TMNT, so I didn't have that bias. I also knew this was a Michael Bay produced film, so I halfway knew what to expect.

With those in mind, while this movie was no where near great, it was a surprisingly fun way to kill 2 hours. Just don't expect much and enjoy it for what it is.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
I watched 'The Medusa Touch' (1978 scifi movie starring Richard Burton) on youtube the other day.
***SPOILER***
It's not bad; Burton plays a screwed-up malcontent who hates everything and everybody, and this hatred manifests itself in the power of telekinesis which he uses to trigger disasters to vent his twisted spite on the world-

[youtube]BiXXjlMa5L0[/youtube]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077921/

BTROD

Cosmic Clown
For sci fi fans K Pax is a personal favorite of mine, Kevin Spacey puts in a top performance! I've watched it three or four times and will watch it again!

Space Odyssey 2001 and 2010 are must watches too!

Oh and Dreamcatcher is a cracker of a film!

I do like sci fi!!!

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
For sci fi fans K Pax is a personal favorite of mine, Kevin Spacey puts in a top performance! I've watched it three or four times and will watch it again!
Space Odyssey 2001 and 2010 are must watches too!
Oh and Dreamcatcher is a cracker of a film!
I do like sci fi!!!

I watched K-Pax but it never rang true for me. I mean, surely no alien would let himself be put in a mental hospital without a fight! And if he really was an alien, surely he'd have PROVED it to the doctors, instead of fobbing them off with boring vague answers.

Treks

The newest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, this morning, with the charming and delightfully hospitable Quaxotic. :)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Heaven Is for Real (2014) - IMDb

I don't usually watch this sort of movie, but I really like Greg Kinnear so that got my attention. I was very pleasantly surprised. Good movie and the newcomer child actor Conner Corum is ADORABLE. Get your hankies out.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
An Indian movie called Bombay Talkies; a 4 short film anthology taking place in India's largest city, Mumbai.

It was very good! Even if you're not a fan of Indian cinema, I highly recommend this one. 2 of the films even tell stories related to homosexuality and transgenderism.