• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

freethinker44

A Million Ways to Die in the West. I laughed really hard at this 40 year old boy who lived during 1880 but so clearly should have been a 40 year old boy in today's world. I also liked some of the Cameo appearances, especially Christopher Lloyd since I haven't seen him in anything in a long time.
The second time I watched it, I only laughed a few times.

I just watched that last night.

I like the way Seth Macfarlane writes comedy. I like how he writes random things in that have nothing to do with what's going on. Because that's the kind of things that go through my mind all the time. Like I'm talking to someone and suddenly I'll think about how funny it would be to me if the Kool-aid man burst through the wall right now, and Seth Macfarlane does stuff like that all the time.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
A Million Ways to Die in the West. I laughed really hard at this 40 year old boy who lived during 1880 but so clearly should have been a 40 year old boy in today's world. I also liked some of the Cameo appearances, especially Christopher Lloyd since I haven't seen him in anything in a long time.
The second time I watched it, I only laughed a few times.

The same thing happened with me and Ted. I laughed so the hard the first time around, only a few times the second, and now I can only occasionally chuckle.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I saw this...thing last night.

Foodfight!_DVD_cover.jpg

Holy crap it's bad. I mean, I had an idea how bad it would be going into it, but it really exceeded my expectations. The only thing that really made it bearable is that I saw it with some friends and we riffed on it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm watching Divergent to write a paper for school about a fictional socio-political system. I think about half of my paper so far is how this movie is nothing original. For you protection, check; wall to keep people in danger but the state tells them it's to keep them safe, check; monitoring of bodily functions, check; death to those who don't fall in line, check.
I was going to write about Fight Club, but I couldn't keep it within the word limit.

Shadow Wolf

Fight club back on the anniversary. Just saw The Judge - movie of the year by miles.
I'm going to have to rent that on DVD. Apparently there is a message from Tyler after the FBI piracy warning. The Bluray left me wondering for a moment how do you explain this to the store that you got the right case, the right picture is on the disc, but the wrong movie plays. It was funny at first, but now kind of annoying.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I'm going to have to rent that on DVD. Apparently there is a message from Tyler after the FBI piracy warning. The Bluray left me wondering for a moment how do you explain this to the store that you got the right case, the right picture is on the disc, but the wrong movie plays. It was funny at first, but now kind of annoying.

What do you mean? There's a fake menu screen for a Drew Barrymore movie (another fight club in joke) but it goes away and the movie comes up. This just happened to us on the 15th, we were so ****** then couldn't stop laughing.

The menu of Requiem for a Dream is even better.

Shadow Wolf

What do you mean? There's a fake menu screen for a Drew Barrymore movie (another fight club in joke) but it goes away and the movie comes up.
That's what left me puzzled. I got the case for Fight Club, the disc said Fight Club, but the menu that showed up was Never Been Kissed. I sat for a few seconds thinking I was going to have to take it back to the store because somehow I ended up with disc with the wrong movie.

Shadow Wolf

I'm watching God Bless America again. There is just something about Alice Cooper and WBC getting shot up that never gets old.

Chakra

Premium Member
Same here. Last movie I watched was Godzilla 2014. Next one will probably be The Hobbit.

Shadow Wolf

Same here. Last movie I watched was Godzilla 2014. Next one will probably be The Hobbit.
I wish I could erase that Godzilla from my memory. One thing that irked me that wont give away spoilers is why did we not get to see Godzilla fight the monsters? Why was it shown in, what was it a TV broadcast? And then a very short scene where we see the gorilla whale get a few whacks in before making the monster eat his breath? What's up with that?

suncowiam

I wish I could erase that Godzilla from my memory. One thing that irked me that wont give away spoilers is why did we not get to see Godzilla fight the monsters? Why was it shown in, what was it a TV broadcast? And then a very short scene where we see the gorilla whale get a few whacks in before making the monster eat his breath? What's up with that?

The director did this on purpose so you wouldn't get bored of too much monster fighting. It had the opposite effect because I also wanted to see more monster fighting before the end.

Shadow Wolf

The director did this on purpose so you wouldn't get bored of too much monster fighting. It had the opposite effect because I also wanted to see more monster fighting before the end.
Apparently this director didn't realize there's probably 100 Godzilla movies where we see him fight the monster because we expect to see him fight the monster. If I wanted to spend an hour watching a lizard swim in the water I'd go to a nearby lake or river and look for them.

Chakra

Premium Member
I thought that the build up was very nicely done but yes, there could have been more monster fights. One thing that I really didn't like were the MUTOs. I'm a fan of movies where the "antagonist" is equal to or even superior to the main character in terms of strength, awesomeness etc. Not saying that the MUTOs aren't strong, but they just weren't as awesome as Godzilla. Also, the trailers gave away all of the good fight scenes!

The good thing is that the sequel (2018) is rumored to have at least 2 of Godzilla's original rivals.

Last edited:

Chakra

Premium Member
Also, have you guys heard of the Haunting of Helena? Not particularly a scary movie in terms of visuals, but the plot is just so frightening.