• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Matemkar

A Span of Heaven

Bruchoor_P1_CMYK.jpg

Info is available here:

Soureh Pictures Company - A SPAN OF HEAVEN

It was a sweet movie. I suggest it.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
61C%2BWLxM9ZL.jpg

It's a well made documentary that showcases many, many points of view about creation, God, science, purpose, etc. Unfortunately, I think it had just a little too much of people giving opinions, and not enough central focus. There were quite a few individuals who showed up for 5 seconds and were never seen again.

Still, I give it a solid 3.5 out of 5.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
61C%2BWLxM9ZL.jpg

It's a well made documentary that showcases many, many points of view about creation, God, science, purpose, etc. Unfortunately, I think it had just a little too much of people giving opinions, and not enough central focus. There were quite a few individuals who showed up for 5 seconds and were never seen again.

Still, I give it a solid 3.5 out of 5.
I really liked that one, and have recommended it to alot of people because it includes so many different view points.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I just watched the Purge: Anarchy. It was excellent! Way better than the first movie.
I haven't decided if I want to watch it yet or not. The first one was alright, but remembering there was that one guy who just kinda disappeared somewhere into that house at some point during the movie ruined the ending.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I haven't decided if I want to watch it yet or not. The first one was alright, but remembering there was that one guy who just kinda disappeared somewhere into that house at some point during the movie ruined the ending.

The second one is way better than the first. They're stand-alones, really.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Interstellar

3 hours of wondrous visual effects, & an interesting plot.
I give it 2 qualified thumbs up.
The problems:
- The "sci" was too "fi" for me though, with inconsistencies. We're expected to suspend disbelief about speculative future technologies, but we shouldn't have to endure unnecessary implausibilities. Example: They use conventional chemical rocket propulsion to lift the ship beyond Earth's grip, but when leaving another planet, there's no rocket to propel the ship.
- The plot introduces an unlikely bad guy to create technical complications to overcome. As we saw in the movie, "Apollo 13", no hard-to-believe human behavior is needed to have all Hell break loose on a space ship.
- General relativity & cosmology are rewritten too greatly for my taste.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Saw Disney's Hero 6 with the kids actually a pretty good movie. My wife actually stayed awake for the whole movie and I saw tears in her eyes a few times. The kids loved it too. Not the a typical Disney movie but not to far removed.

Chakra

Premium Member
Interstellar

3 hours of wondrous visual effects, & an interesting plot.
I give it 2 qualified thumbs up.
The problems:
- The "sci" was too "fi" for me though, with inconsistencies. We're expected to suspend disbelief about speculative future technologies, but we shouldn't have to endure unnecessary implausibilities. Example: They use conventional chemical rocket propulsion to lift the ship beyond Earth's grip, but when leaving another planet, there's no rocket to propel the ship.
- The plot introduces an unlikely bad guy to create technical complications to overcome. As we saw in the movie, "Apollo 13", no hard-to-believe human behavior is needed to have all Hell break loose on a space ship.
- General relativity & cosmology are rewritten too greatly for my taste.

Yeah, I agree with all the problems you mentioned.

I still think Interstellar is one of my favorite movies this year, maybe in tie with Guardians of the Galaxy and DOTPOTA. I was truly mesmerized with the ending, and the music is fantastic. Just the trailer music gave me goosebumps

(
)

I consider it a masterpiece.

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Maleficent_poster.jpg

I was very surprised at how much I liked it. Considering it was in the same vein as Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and Oz: The Great and Powerful, I thought it would be just as underwhelming as those two. However, I found myself really liking it. I give it 4/5.