• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
So last night, my daughter and I saw the new Hobbit movie, and it was gripping and fun. I would recommend it to anyone who is into this series and the adventure of it as I love.

This new release gets FOUR STARS, not Five like the Two Towers. Fantastic effects, and like the Two Towers shares that gripping sense and hope that the "good side" wins in the ends while also adding many aspects of the magical spirit of adventure and sense of value in the past traditions while looking towards the future.

Lots of good things in this release, one downside this one literally had FIVE armies, and at first even those who normally would be the "good guys" were having issues with each other, Dwarves with a messed up King, even the Elfens seemed to be questionable with their own demons, then another Dwarf army shows up in the middle of everything led by some leader who seemed to be the Scottish wing of the retinue but then the Dwarves in the fortress with the treasures seemed they would not help their "fellows" led by the Scot outside because their messed up King was "gold happy" with the treasures, and ... and ... man, you start to wonder, "ok, who are the good guys?".

Luckily the REAL bad guys (we know who they are) were SO bad, it rallied all the others together despite their nitpicking issues to battle with and defeat the REAL bad guys along with the last minute intervention of a "savior" to the rescue counter attack from really big Eagles led by that "nature guy" who rides a small Santa sled pulled by rabbits.

So the ending all panned out, go see it and enjoy. But was this actually the end? I am told this was the last in this series, but I am slightly confused. Something about Thranduil telling Legolas to go North to meet with Strider but he won't know this guy's name that he should meet as the stranger, not his "real name", until he goes and gets there, and this entire scene happens in the final part of the movie. Almost like saying there is another movie to come?

Four stars.

By the way, Sony is now GOING to release "The Interview" on Christmas, so I am excited to see it.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This post has been around almost as long as I've been a member, but for the first time I am responding because I can say that the last movie I watched was The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This new release gets FOUR STARS, not Five like the Two Towers.
Them's fighting words!!

you start to wonder, "ok, who are the good guys?".

along with the last minute intervention of a "savior" to the rescue counter attack from really big Eagles led by that "nature guy" who rides a small Santa sled pulled by rabbits.

Have you seen the other Hobbit movies and have you read The Hobbit and/or The Lord of the Rings?

Something about Thranduil telling Legolas to go North to meet with Strider but he won't know this guy's name that he should meet as the stranger, not his "real name", until he goes and gets there, and this entire scene happens in the final part of the movie. Almost like saying there is another movie to come?

That was a reference to Aragorn, and the movie to come was the three films that already came out (including The Two Towers). It was an interesting end, in part because for me it resolved a major problem with the first Lord of the Rings movie: The Fellowship of the Ring.

I'd respond with numerous objections, but as this isn't the thread for it and it would be stupid to do so anyway, I'll just point to a post I wrote in a thread another recently created about these movies:
Review of the hobbit movies

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Thanks LegionOnomaMoi, yes I have seen them ALL and am a huge fan. I love them all and own the complete DVD series except this new one which I will buy. But I never read the books.

I recall a Lord of the Rings special on TV in the 1970s including the famous Two Towers scene when the trees decide yes to join in the battle. Wonder what ever happened to that special?

So I am sticking with four stars on this one, five stars in Two Towers. Hope that doesn't make anyone mad, four stars is very good!

I guess per your insight there will not be anymore movie releases? I am bummed out. I want more!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So last night, my daughter and I saw the new Hobbit movie, and it was gripping and fun. I would recommend it to anyone who is into this series and the adventure of it as I love.

This new release gets FOUR STARS, not Five like the Two Towers. Fantastic effects, and like the Two Towers shares that gripping sense and hope that the "good side" wins in the ends while also adding many aspects of the magical spirit of adventure and sense of value in the past traditions while looking towards the future.

Lots of good things in this release, one downside this one literally had FIVE armies, and at first even those who normally would be the "good guys" were having issues with each other, Dwarves with a messed up King, even the Elfens seemed to be questionable with their own demons, then another Dwarf army shows up in the middle of everything led by some leader who seemed to be the Scottish wing of the retinue but then the Dwarves in the fortress with the treasures seemed they would not help their "fellows" led by the Scot outside because their messed up King was "gold happy" with the treasures, and ... and ... man, you start to wonder, "ok, who are the good guys?".

Luckily the REAL bad guys (we know who they are) were SO bad, it rallied all the others together despite their nitpicking issues to battle with and defeat the REAL bad guys along with the last minute intervention of a "savior" to the rescue counter attack from really big Eagles led by that "nature guy" who rides a small Santa sled pulled by rabbits.

So the ending all panned out, go see it and enjoy. But was this actually the end? I am told this was the last in this series, but I am slightly confused. Something about Thranduil telling Legolas to go North to meet with Strider but he won't know this guy's name that he should meet as the stranger, not his "real name", until he goes and gets there, and this entire scene happens in the final part of the movie. Almost like saying there is another movie to come?

Four stars.

By the way, Sony is now GOING to release "The Interview" on Christmas, so I am excited to see it.
I enjoyed the movie too, but strictly for the spectacular battle scenes. The story wasn't all that interesting, & the guy from Lakeland who kept trying to pretend to be an old woman, steal gold & ingratiate himself was an odd non sequitur long running gag.

Shak34

Watched Into The Storm with the family last night. Love winter break from school, get to finally catch up on all of the unopened movies sitting on the bookshelf.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Lords of Salem. It was kinda creepy, but too slow to keep my mind from wandering and too long to take in a whole lot of it. But it was funny seeing the Geico Caveman, that song in it is creepy as hell, and Shari Moon Zombie wasn't that good as the lead. It was good though.
I started watching A Haunted House 2, and it was hilarious what I got to see of it.

freethinker44

A Serbian Film. Highly disturbing, so graphic. Some guy literally gets skull ****ed, and that's not even a disturbing scene because he really, really deserved it.

Faybull

Watched this movie last night, late..."Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones". Ended the movie at around midnight, and stayed up looking thru RF until about 1245-1am. I heard all kinds of noises upstairs. Ended up sleeping downstairs on the couch with my dogs, and kept lights on.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I saw a blu ray collection with every Mel Brooks movie in it, including one I have never heard of before, To Be or Not To Be (which is also the only one I haven't seen). If it stays around $20 dollars I may get it next pay day. I hope to see this movie soon.
I also saw a package of what seemed to be some Star Trek: Next Generation movie I have never even heard of, I think the title was Blood Something, and the case had Q on the front of it. I hope to figure out what this is soon, because it's driving me nuts thinking there may be something Next Gen that I haven't watched. I suspect though it may be All Good Things, the finale.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
OPPS! Wrong thread! Meant fur the LOTR thread, will copy and paste over there...

I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings et all and have seen the entire series including the latest Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies (which I think you know), I gave four stars in the "What was last movie you watched?" thread.

My favorite of the series is the Two Towers, it really inspires the adventure in me and of course the battle which goes to the bitter end until "my side" wins. Now the latest almost was one continous battle, but like I said in my review it was sort of difficult to even take a side at all at first, but in the end all the bickering between the good guys ended when they rally together to take down the dumb *** goondas of evil.

I own all the other DVDs in this series so yes I will purchase the latest as well. Not as good as the Two Towers but very entertaining and still has that classic LOTR way of getting your "gripping attention" throughout.

I just wish there would be one more next Christmas, but sadly it won't be apparently. One thing that is odd about my liking for these films is, for some unknown reason I always make a lot of money in the stock market after watching the movie. It just gives me that "boost of energy" I guess to strike bold and sure. I saw it in IMAX 3D so it should give me even better "luck" than normal. Definetly it has that vavoom in IMAX.

One thing is, I never read the books. But I am really a fan of adventure of this genre, so probably I will read the books when I retire which isn't far off.

You know, sometimes I go to those Renaissance Faire events, I wonder if other fans of TLOR series also like these Faires? I love them.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
It's a film about Annamacharya; a Telugu poet-saint from the 15th century. I think it was very well made, but it kinda dragged in the middle.

I give it 3.5/5

annamayya-400x400-imad9wtdhgfs9vg9.jpeg