• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A Time to Kill
This movie, along with American History X and Mississippi Burning, should be required watching for all high schoolers to graduate.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
The-Babadook-Poster.jpg

It was one of the better horror films I've seen in a while, but I think it's more of a psychological thriller than anything. It also had a few issues such as:

1.) A handful of characters that went nowhere.
2.) A child whom, in the first half, you *really* want to slap.
3.) A resolution with no real explanation.

Still, it's really enjoyable. I give it a 4/5.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Watched The Imitation Game yesterday. I loved it, thought it did jerk out some tears (almost sobbing on the way out of the cinema), because it was an interesting account of Alan Turing, that ends up in such tragedy.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Really good. Never a dull moment, full of twists and surprises, and the cinematography is mind-blowing.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
MV5BMTEyMDg4MDU4MjdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDQyOTc3MjIx._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

It was a good time killer and, in my opinion, better than any of the Madagascar films. Then again, the penguins were the best part of those movies anyway.

Unfortunately, like many other Dreamworks films, the movie suffered from a horribly underdeveloped antagonist with a very weak motive.

Still, I give it a 3.5/5

Also this guy:

10432142_986192561396474_4192946425445857311_n.jpg

Shadow Wolf

I recently discovered Bill Burr. I didn't like him the same way I like Carlin or Hicks, but he was still very funny though.

Shadow Wolf

Hear No Evil, See No Evil. It's a really funny movie, and I think the second movie I've seen Gene Wilder in that isn't a Mel Brooks movie.

I recently rewatched the 1973 film "The Mad Adventures of Rabbi Jakob" with subtitles. The first time I saw this film was in a theatre in a predominately Jewish neighborhood and being the Gentile I am I obviously did not catch all of the jokes.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Has anyone seen "The Interview" (Sony release that made Kim eat a whole bucket of freeze dried KFC)?

I want to see it!

I will see the new Hobbit movie tomorrow, and I am really excited to see it. Going with my daughter, everyone tells me it's fantastic - The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies! Has anyone already seen it? (Starry, this the new one you saw?) Have watched the entire series and loved them all - love the gripping battle scenes in previous films of this series such as the The Two Towers. After I see it tomorrow, I will write a one paragraph x stars.