• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Kerr

Django Unchained.

Awesome movie. Its a bit on the violent side and my distaste for slavery makes me very amused at how slave owners where treated in the movie :p.

BTROD

Cosmic Clown
I watched K-Pax but it never rang true for me. I mean, surely no alien would let himself be put in a mental hospital without a fight! And if he really was an alien, surely he'd have PROVED it to the doctors, instead of fobbing them off with boring vague answers.

That is your perception of how an alien would be. But my take on the film is that Prot is here on another fact finding mission. His physical body was merely his vehicle of choice.

To me it rang perfectly true.

Different angles build interesting buildings!!!

Latest film watched is The Giver with Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep.

BTROD

Cosmic Clown
Heaven Is for Real (2014) - IMDb

I don't usually watch this sort of movie, but I really like Greg Kinnear so that got my attention. I was very pleasantly surprised. Good movie and the newcomer child actor Conner Corum is ADORABLE. Get your hankies out.

Enjoyed this too! Even the Christian overtones didn't put me off!!!

A good book about NDE's is the almost 500 page The Big Book of NDE's by PMH Atwater - very thorough as you'd expect from this wonderful researcher, author and speaker.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
WtF did I just watch
U4ckNk1.png

It's a campy film.

I'm just becoming familiar with Uwe Ball films, they're quite excellent.

z8SK2Jp.jpg

Give them a shot.

Last edited:
Watched the original M*A*S*H movie again for the first time in years. I always liked that one.
I always tripped out on the theme song for M*A*S*H*."Suicide is Painless." I used to watch the t.v. show for years as a kid and I liked the theme song ,which is instrumental.Then I saw the movie and heard the lyrics to the song.Trippy!

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
'Silence of the Lambs' was on TV again the other night and is always good for a laugh because it's pure hollywood guff, Lecter is chained, handcuffed, gagged and guarded by a whole police division, yet still manages to escape..:)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
A Dangerous Method

Awkward but good, surprisingly accurate in some cases though laughably questionable in others. Wasn't looking for a history lesson though!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
"If I Stay".

Absolutely loved it. It is beautiful. It is visceral. It is glorious. Such a fine celebration of life and the courage of being who we are despite all the sorrows. It had been a long time since I last cried so happily.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
I watched AFTERMATH:population Zero on youtube the other day, a science documentary about what'd happen to the earth if humans suddenly vanished.
There were no actors, just a background commentary.
It was a bit overlong at 90 mins but the CGI was good, showing stuff like nuclear plants blowing their tops, dams bursting, chem plants going bananas etc, and the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower eventually crumbling and falling.
The good news is that after hundreds of years the earth has slowly recovered on her own and reclaimed the planet as if humans never existed at all..:)
My only gripe is that it was unrealistic to have humans just vanish into thin air as if by magic; I'd have liked to have seen a plague wipe them all out so there'd be dead bodies around to give it an authentic feel..

Full docu-
[youtube]sUqHECc5rPo[/youtube]

Last edited:

Scott C.

Just one guy
Last movie I saw: The Equalizer - too graphic, too violent. It would have been more entertaining with less of both.

Second to the last movie I saw: This is Where I Leave you. I liked it! I could relate to the main character.

Third to the last: The Giver - Great!! Go see it. I was moved by it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't know if they qualify as movies, but I love Cirque de Soliel videos.

All their shows are spectacular. There are at least a dozen.

Tom

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"If I Stay".

Absolutely loved it. It is beautiful. It is visceral. It is glorious. Such a fine celebration of life and the courage of being who we are despite all the sorrows. It had been a long time since I last cried so happily.

Thanks for the tip, Luis. I've been looking for a good tear-jerker lately and I've been kind of surprised about how hard they are to find these days.

Scott C. said:
Third to the last: The Giver - Great!! Go see it. I was moved by it.

Darn, now I have to make a choice. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A Million Ways to Die in the West. I laughed really hard at this 40 year old boy who lived during 1880 but so clearly should have been a 40 year old boy in today's world. I also liked some of the Cameo appearances, especially Christopher Lloyd since I haven't seen him in anything in a long time.
The second time I watched it, I only laughed a few times.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I just finished watching God Bless America, again, for I don't know how many times now. There's just something about a movie that shows dead reality TV "stars," dead rude people, dead cable news personalities, and dead WBC protestors, combined with fantasy and dark comedy, that makes for a good movie that makes me wonder how much better society would be if it wasn't cluttered with so much rubbish and filth.