• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wish I could find those here!

I've been eating 'quick food' lately during the day, and eating something decent after Ares has gone to bed, if I have the energy for preparing it.

I'm hoping for risotto later.
That is a recipe on how you can make your own from wheat gluten, tofu and other plant based ingredients.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay, one bite of my Copper River Sockeye Salmon that I had tonight and I can confirm that nothing comes close. Okay, it would probably lose out to Copper River King. The flavor is just out of the world. And pretty easy to make if anyone is interested.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Roast pork (or vegetarian fingers*), mixed carrots**, scrubbed new potatoes (boiled and roast), apple sauce.

Almandine tarts bought from the local patisserie.

* Who's fingers i do not know ...
** A stall at market was selling bunches of orange, yellow, white and purple carrots. First purple carrots I've seen all year

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe I'll get the risotto tonight. Too beat to cook last night. I had a veggie burger.

Going to a family reunion today... I think my cousin made some meat free pasta salad. Normally there isn't much to eat at family events.
I usually eat before I go and pack a snack. Any family reunions I've gone to they even ruin the pasta salad by throwing pepperoni in it.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow. Sorry @SalixIncendium that your family is so unthinking and JustGeorge shows how easy it is to accommodate vegetarians at times.
It’s probably not their fault. I don’t really talk about my dietary choices, much less remind them prior to such events. I can understand their not remembering with all else to do and plan.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Kellogg's Krave cereal in a plastic measuring jug with zero-fat soya milk

Later a couple of microwave pizzas

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Last night fish and chips with cod. I do deep fry, though the approach is the same. The same batter, just fried and flipped. Very well received.

Tonight a rack of lamb, for me, the others are getting sirloin steak. I am the only lamb lover.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Broccoli and chicken Alfredo over whole wheat noodles and garlic cheese toast. I'm sure the doc will not be happy with me in a couple of weeks.