• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do the shopping but I don't travel from Karuah to Seattle to do it. I only go as far as Tea Gardens or Medowie and I've never seen them there.

The blue masa harina seems to work ok, it did turn it a horrible grey colour until I put the tomatoes in but it tastes ok.
It is supposed to be a bit healthier. I think that it has the same antioxidants that gives us purple potatoes and blueberries. Taste wise I cannot make any claims.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I'm doing taco soup again today. I accidentally ordered blue masa harina instead of the yellow I usually get. Not sure if that will make a difference. Who knew there was blue corn?
You can get red, white, blue, or yellow masa harina.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
You can get red, white, blue, or yellow masa harina.

It's really hard to get in Australia, only place I can get it is from Amazon and it's very expensive.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I made prawn and chive wontons and had them in an Asian style soup with udon noodles, broccoli, carrot, Asian greens and sugar snap peas. The broth was chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce and some sesame oil added at the end.

If I was better looking I'd marry myself.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Split pea turmeric curry over white sticky rice. And a couple chicken strips for additional protein.

Edit: although I mean this was technically my lunch. Even though it was at 6pm.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Shrimp Scampi tonight....
Screenshot_20240805_182449_Photo Editor.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Barbecued spare ribs and potato/egg salad -- simple but good.

Tomorrow, smash burgers smothered in caramelized onions. (For those who like a burger, there is no better method than "smash." Instead of a thick pattie, maybe 6 ounces, I do two 3-ounce patties, very thin, so they cook very quickly on high heat with lot's more surface area for the maillard reaction to add big flavour. Also, must always be medium ground beef (80/20) because lean will be too dry. A slice of Comté cheese between the patties perfects the burger. Garnish as you wish.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Shrimp Scampi tonight....
You haven't lived until you've had real scampi, lots of butter and garlic. The very name "shrimp scampi" betrays the fact that there are no real scampis (langoustines) in the dish. Not surprising, because there aren't any on this side of the Atlantic.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
You haven't lived until you've had real scampi, lots of butter and garlic. The very name "shrimp scampi" betrays the fact that there are no real scampis (langoustines) in the dish. Not surprising, because there aren't any on this side of the Atlantic.
I used lots of butter, garlic, lemon juice, plenty of white wine, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a few good dashes of dried basil -- and I'll stick with shrimp. I don't care for mudbugs or even lobster, which I read are close relations to langoustines. :p