• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Problem with Homosexuality?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
As Shubhankar said, Hinduism is not designed that way. Even the scriptures have different views (covering all types of isms mentioned in Wikipedia). It is not a dictatorial religion. It gives you great leeway and no one can fault you for it. You do not feel attracted to one God or Goddess, you have all the freedom to choose another or even reject all (as I have done). There is only one "least common fraction: that is 'dharma', action which promotes the society. If you do that, you are Hindu.

Basically its saying. My Hinduism is true because I believe it.

Demonslayer

I haven't a clue why there is so much suffering except that the Bible indicates
that Satan is on control to this earth.
Perhaps an easy simplification so us mere mortals can blame something for things
that can't be unexplained?

This is one of the main reasons I don't understand the religious viewpoint. All the mental gymnastics required to understand something like a birth defect. "Why would God allow it?" "It must be Satan causing hydrocephalus babies!" "Couldn't God, if he loves innocent babies, prevent Satan from causing hydrocephalus?"

All this cosmic drama with good and evil players, battling back and forth to either cause, or prevent, (in this case) birth defects!

When the answer is simply, the natural process of reproduction sometimes doesn't work perfectly. Sometimes the development of the fetus gets messed up, simple as that, no need for a cosmic battle between good and evil to explain it.

Demonslayer

Are you saying that it is really great that we got deformed babies from science?

We didn't "get deformed babies from science," it's just that science explains why babies sometimes come out deformed.

The nice thing about the scientific explanation is, there is no intent. No one "meant" to make the babies deformed. It's not some sinister Uber-Demon named Satan, giggling and rubbing his hands together as he gleefully causes hydrocephalus babies, and there is no Mega Good Guy to blame for failing to protect the babies from this horrible condition.

No being is causing it, no being is to blame for failing to prevent it. There is no intent, it's a natural process that doesn't work perfectly 100% of the time. That's it, nothing more.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Who are you trying to convince here?

U asked about things not related to this thread, I answered.
It was not good enough, so you kept asking more and I answered.
But... Since the division between science and religion began to dwindle, you had to point to other issues which you didn't even know.
And since it's not a SINGLe dogma, like the faiths you know... You are trying to make it like those.
So basically, have zero sense of the religion you are questioning simply to make it seem like Abrahamic ones.
When you want to discuss and have your ears open, then reply. :)
Good night.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
We didn't "get deformed babies from science," it's just that science explains why babies sometimes come out deformed.

The nice thing about the scientific explanation is, there is no intent. No one "meant" to make the babies deformed. It's not some sinister Uber-Demon named Satan, giggling and rubbing his hands together as he gleefully causes hydrocephalus babies, and there is no Mega Good Guy to blame for failing to protect the babies from this horrible condition.

No being is causing it, no being is to blame for failing to prevent it. There is no intent, it's a natural process that doesn't work perfectly 100% of the time. That's it, nothing more.

Science attempts to explain things. Many times science comes up short or just gets it wrong. Science is based on preconceived assumptions, many times the assumptions on which the science was based is just wrong.

No god or being or Satan is responsible for deformed babies. The sin of Man brought the curse of death into the world and that curse brings the horrors of evil with it.

God offered to instruct Man on how to live his life but we rejected Him. You can't blame Him for any of the problems in the world since the world has rejected God's commandments.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You seem to be under the delusion, as are many Christians, that God wrote the Bible, She didn't, men did, very opinionated men!!

I don't think it is so much an issue with god, it is more of an issue for whoever wrote the scriptures. .
As the story goes, everything in the Bible has, at the very least, his stamp of approval.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
The sin of Man brought the curse of death into the world and that curse brings the horrors of evil with it.

God offered to instruct Man on how to live his life but we rejected Him. You can't blame Him for any of the problems in the world since the world has rejected God's commandments.

Death is simply the transition of the material body to return back to the earth, heat, water, air and elements while the soul that is indestructible and primeval moves into another body- Since those are the literal words of God (Bhagavad Gita chapter 2)
Sin never had a part in it as sin doesn't exists.

Yes, So should we start by shaving your head and putting you on a donkey for one day for the grave offense of consuming beef?
Upanishad law dictates eating beef as equal to murder of one's mother.

Skwim

Veteran Member
How did you come to the conclusion that God never explains Himself?
If you're addressing me (It helps to use the quote function or identify whom you're talking to) I never said that god never explains himself, but ". . .obviously god doesn't feel he needs to explain any of his actions, and often doesn't."

ak.yonathan

If you're addressing me (It helps to use the quote function or identify whom you're talking to) I never said that god never explains himself, but ". . .obviously god doesn't feel he needs to explain any of his actions, and often doesn't."

Okay, then let me rephrase, how did you come to the conclusion that God doesn't feel the need to explain? Surely you've heard numerous pastors talk about homosexuality being a choice. If you don't think that those pastors are representing God well then that's your right, but then don't say that God doesn't feel the need to explain Himself. I think that on this matter He has.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Okay, then let me rephrase, how did you come to the conclusion that God doesn't feel the need to explain?
He's capable of explaining, but has chosen not to, which is evidenced by the lack of explanation. So . . . . . . . . .

Surely you've heard numerous pastors talk about homosexuality being a choice.
Actually, very seldom do I ever listen to pastors; however, I've certainly read the opinion before, and can easily believe that some pastors go along with it.

If you don't think that those pastors are representing God well then that's your right, but then don't say that God doesn't feel the need to explain Himself. I think that on this matter He has.
Then how about answering my question:

God condemns homosexual acts [as abominations and vile affections] because ______________________fill in the blank____________________ .​

Because I haven't found the answer in the Bible.