• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Problem with Homosexuality?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
What about babies that come out deformed when the mother does everything in a perfectly healthy manner?

Ever see a hydrocephalus baby? Don't google it unless you have a very strong stomach. God sees fit to curse 1-2 out of 1000 babies with hydrocephalus, and the condition has nothing whatsoever to do with the behavior of the mother.

Who is to blame for hydrocephalus babies?

Awww. cheeesh! I just had to look that up and sorry I did!
I feel awful for those poor infants and the mother.

jeager106

Premium Member
I do not take kindly to cherry pickers.

HEY! I represent that remark! As I kid we had to pick cherries for desert !
Nothing wrong with picking cherries.
No one calls an apple harvester and apple picker!
American Pickers is a fun to watch t-v show.
No one jokes about American Pickers????????????????????????????????????

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Not everyone agrees with how literally these stories are to be interpreted. Some believe God physically manifested on Mount Sinai, before Moses. Some believe Moses may have experienced encounters with extraterrestrial beings who sought to direct humanity along a certain path. Some believe that Moses' entire experience (particularly the plagues of Egypt and Mount Sinai) were all direct experiences with volcanic phenomena, which later found its way into the bible via metaphor and allegory...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Whats their purpose then?
Eulogization of the deities. Mohini (Lord Vishnu's female avatara) who cunningly gives the nectar to the lesser Gods and Shiva who consumes the great poison. Also establishes the relationship of Lord Vishnu and Mother Laxmi. She was one of the 14 products of the churning. Unfortunately, the demons (Rakshasas) did not get even one of the 14 things. Does is not make an interesting story? Asking the biggest mountain to be the churning rod, asking the greatest serpent to be the churning rope, and all this could not have happened without the help of Lord Vishnu who took the form of a tortoise to support Mount Meru at the bottom. Then, the story is followed by another story of Mohini and Shiva and the birth of Lord Kartikeya who was to be the General of the army of lesser Gods against the demons.

Samudra Manthan at Bangkok Suvarnbhumi Airport, Sagara Manthan at Hridwar, India
images
440px-Samudr_manthan.jpg

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Not everyone agrees with how literally these stories are to be interpreted. Some believe God physically manifested on Mount Sinai, before Moses. Some believe Moses may have experienced encounters with extraterrestrial beings who sought to direct humanity along a certain path. Some believe that Moses' entire experience (particularly the plagues of Egypt and Mount Sinai) where all direct experiences with volcanic phenomena, which later found its way into the bible via metaphor and allegory.

Well then Yahweh did a poor job at giving humanity a concise account.

jeager106

Premium Member
Not everyone agrees with how literally these stories are to be interpreted. Some believe God physically manifested on Mount Sinai, before Moses. Some believe Moses may have experienced encounters with extraterrestrial beings who sought to direct humanity along a certain path. Some believe that Moses' entire experience (particularly the plagues of Egypt and Mount Sinai) where all direct experiences with volcanic phenomena, which later found its way into the bible via metaphor and allegory.

Yes! Extraterrestrials did it!
Ancient Aliens brought us fire, then spears, then permission to eat meat, then
the atomic bomb. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Eulogization of the deities. Mohini (Lord Vishnu's female avatara) who cunningly gives the nectar to the lesser Gods and Shiva who consumes the great poison. Also establishes the relationship of Lord Vishnu and Mother Laxmi. She was one of the 14 products of the churning. Unfortunately, the demons (Rakshasas) did not get even one of the 14 things. Does is not make an interesting story? Asking the biggest mountain to be the churning rod, asking the greatest serpent to be the churning rope, and all this could not have happened without the help of Lord Vishnu who took the form of a tortoise to support Mount Meru at the bottom. Then, the story is followed by another story of Mohini and Shiva and the birth of Lord Kartikeya who was to be the General of the army of lesser Gods against the demons.

Samudra Manthan at Bangkok Suvarnbhumi Airport, Sagara Manthan at Hridwar, India
images
440px-Samudr_manthan.jpg

And the purpose of saying that symbolically happened is?

jeager106

Premium Member
It's beyond sad. No kind God would allow it.

Yeah. I get that totally.
I believe in a Higher Power ("god" works o.k. as a universal term).
I haven't a clue why there is so much suffering except that the Bible indicates
that Satan is on control to this earth.
Perhaps an easy simplification so us mere mortals can blame something for things
that can't be unexplained?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Okay so only use the verses and scriptures you like.

I do not take kindly to cherry pickers.

That's your problem then... We don't have a single text from the 10th time, so we have to cheery pick based on the religions within Hinduism.
Muslims don't study the bible nor the Jews go for the bible... I suppose that's cherry picking too.

You don't wish to understand Hinduism rather than simply classify it as a single religion of cow worship, Shiva and theism... So, why bother posting?
Discussion should be if both people are willing to listen to the other side but after speaking repeatedly of the lack of a single book, we have to read the 3000-4000 scriptures?
You either want to understand Hinduism or you don't.
It's a collection of faiths that is the oldest largest one with thousands of religion.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Yeah. I get that totally.
I believe in a Higher Power ("god" works o.k. as a universal term).
I haven't a clue why there is so much suffering except that the Bible indicates
that Satan is on control to this earth.
Perhaps an easy simplification so us mere mortals can blame something for things
that can't be unexplained?

#OriginOfReligion

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
That's your problem then... We don't have a single text from the 10th time, so we have to cheery pick based on the religions within Hinduism.
Muslims don't study the bible nor the Jews go for the bible... I suppose that's cherry picking too.

You don't wish to understand Hinduism rather than simply classify it as a single religion of cow worship, Shiva and theism... So, why bother posting?
Discussion should be if both people are willing to listen to the other side but after speaking repeatedly of the lack of a single book, we have to read the 3000-4000 scriptures?
You either want to understand Hinduism or you don't.
It's a collection of faiths that is the oldest largest one with thousands of religion.

Stop making a strawman logical fallacy and thinking I will fall for it like a moron and maybe I will treat you with respect.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Okay so only use the verses and scriptures you like. I do not take kindly to cherry pickers.
As Shubhankar said, Hinduism is not designed that way. Even the scriptures have different views (covering all types of isms mentioned in Wikipedia). It is not a dictatorial religion. It gives you great leeway and no one can fault you for it. You do not feel attracted to one God or Goddess, you have all the freedom to choose another or even reject all (as I have done). There is only one "least common fraction" that is 'dharma', action which promotes the society. If you do that, you are Hindu.

Last edited:

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Stop making a strawman logical fallacy and thinking I will fall for it like a moron and maybe I will treat you with respect.

So who's asking you to engage in a discussion in the first place?
The starting point of yours was like bashing Dashavatara for including microscopic bacteria.
you are here to berate, not understand anything.
Should have been clear when you suggested that a Hindu scripture says that universe was made out of butter.
Clearly you know squat about this tradition and I can't engage with you simply to keep your arrogance and ignorance up.