• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When is it accetable to hit a woman back? Redefining self-defense

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I do not think Gender comes in to it.
In the normal way of things we should not hit anyone.
In defence Gender is not an issue.
However we should never do more than the minimum to stabilise the situation.

The biggest error is turning ones back.

Averroes

I do not think Gender comes in to it.
In the normal way of things we should not hit anyone.
In defence Gender is not an issue.
However we should never do more than the minimum to stabilise the situation.

The biggest error is turning ones back.

So if a woman hits me and I do what I can to avoid conflict and then finally cornered I haul off and give her a 1, 2 combo I am in the right and gender doesn't matter? Thanks!

Me Myself

Back to my username
So if a woman hits me and I do what I can to avoid conflict and then finally cornered I haul off and give her a 1, 2 combo I am in the right and gender doesn't matter? Thanks!

I would absolutely agree BTW.

I doubt you said it seriously, but I don´t care. Women are not better han man, so they are not allowed to treat us like inferiors behind a curtian of a "victim" when she is doing the same thing.

You never want to get physical unless you are ready to expect the same treatment. If you think boobs should make you moraly superior in that regard, you deserve what you got.

gnosticx

im so sorry for ur loss...i am extremely experienced in self defence and have a girlfriend(whom i love with all my heart) that due to being ritually abused is or should i say has been diagnosed as dissociative (multiple personalities type thing) and can absolutely go nuts. i cant tell you what goes through my mind as i have to disarm her from broken glass and weapons of all description. targets appear and i have to bypass them take her down avoiding broken glass....this can gob for up to 8 hrs.....seriously...and yes she is currently in a lockdown psych ward...i have never in all my time with her ever wanted to go and strike her.....im 70kgs and she 45kg if that... so to answer ur question a person who hasnt great ability would find it hard to do this without hurting them and if the woman aN unkown assailant whose ova 100kgs and strong wielding a weapon then defend urself as ur life depends on it... i dont condone hitting a woman out of anger but if its part of ur defence then ok.....again im sorry for ur loss

Dipintus

Sorry about your friend.
You are asking a difficult question...
Sure as death there are those who would call you a monster for hitting a woman even if she was trying to stab you with a knife. As far as I'm concerned, if someone attacks you in a way that threatens to do you actual harm, you should be allowed to strike back. Being weaker is no excuse to take advantage of other's resistence to use violence.

Last edited:

Walkntune

Yes, and it is Man-ipulation, YOU SEE! IT IS ALL A BIG CONSPIRACY TO HIT POOR WOMEN THAT ARE ATTACKING US! :eek:
I guess i could have worded my intentions better. What i was trying to say is that a women who hits a man and assumes he should not hit her back because she is a woman is a manipulator.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I suspect that if anyone feels immune to the repercussions of acting violently, he or she will not learn restraint. A woman who is threatening your physical health may commit domestic abuse if she feels that it's held to "different" standards. Be a friend for her future husband or wife.

Last edited:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

Dodge, block, etc. Just something I would do if some one wants to hit me. You have to remember, not many courts would take your side unless you had witnesses or some sort of violent history with the attacker. If they sucker punch you, however, oh well.

There are some pressure points a guy could learn that would knock an assailant unconscious that would not leave a mark. :p

Averroes

Dodge, block, etc. Just something I would do if some one wants to hit me. You have to remember, not many courts would take your side unless you had witnesses or some sort of violent history with the attacker. If they sucker punch you, however, oh well.

There are some pressure points a guy could learn that would knock an assailant unconscious that would not leave a mark. :p

Then thats the problem with the legal system because its gender biases. Who needs feminism when you have the legal system!

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Then thats the problem with the legal system because its gender biases. Who needs feminism when you have the legal system!

Think of it this way. If I tried to punch you and failed and in return you punched me and succeeded, no witnesses only my busted eye, I could press charges on you.

Don't leave a mark or find a better way. Another one of the things about self defense is knowing what you can get away with under a given circumstance. Punching people back is not always the best thing but if it's all one knows then so be it. If I didn't learn or know any better I would hit a woman back under your given circumstance. It's like a natural reaction to many.

Orias

Left Hand Path
It is acceptable to hit a woman back when you know that she knows what she is doing. Such things are designed to test the judgement of others.

Averroes

Think of it this way. If I tried to punch you and failed and in return you punched me and succeeded, no witnesses only my busted eye, I could press charges on you.

Don't leave a mark or find a better way. Another one of the things about self defense is knowing what you can get away with under a given circumstance. Punching people back is not always the best thing but if it's all one knows then so be it. If I didn't learn or know any better I would hit a woman back under your given circumstance. It's like a natural reaction to many.

Interesting point...

blackout

Violet.
Crazy people are crazy people.

Dangerous people are dangerous people.

Unfortunately, no matter how you deal with them,
there is likely to be damage of one kind or another inflicted on you.
Just for getting in their path.

I suppose potential assault charges
would be considered by most
a preferable fate than death.

Obviously it's not right that crazy females
use their femaleness to deflect from the issue of their craziness.
But what would one really expect from a crazy person.

blackout

Violet.
How do you separate craziness from violence?

I'm thinkin' that anyone who exhibits crazy behavior
especially of the irrational, emotionally charged sort
would be a more likely candidate for violent behavior.

Mindlessly destructive behavior is usually fueled by anger, or rage.
I think, the same can be said for violent behavior?

In the end, they look the same.
They have the same repricussions.

I only meant that when I see crazy or destructive,
I am far less focused on male or female.
What I see is crazy and destructive.
Crazy, destructive and strong, of course
is not good either.
However where physical strength of person lacks,
physical strength of thrown objects
can easily make up the difference.

Averroes

Soooooooo are you of the opinion that if a woman acts irrational aka crazy its ok for a man to give her a knuckle sandwich?

blackout

Violet.
Soooooooo are you of the opinion that if a woman acts irrational aka crazy its ok for a man to give her a knuckle sandwich?

I don't see her as 'woman'.
I see her as 'crazy person'.

I stand firmly for the equal rights of all wing nuts to be treated as such.
Do what you have to.

Last edited:

Averroes

Interesting point (in that you don't see her as a woman but just as a person). A lot of people who responded here see gender first which determines their subsequent actions. I think its difficult to not see gender first since, as was mentioned here, women are typically weaker (strength wise) than men. I mean, if my GF is five-foot nothing and I'm six-foot two, 230 pounds (this is my actual frame) and I give her an uppercut in fear for my safety and she bruises according to the law and assuming she is lying to police I am in the wrong if she suffers any damage and I don't.