• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When was Yeshua born? Summer/Winter

When was Yeshua born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Xmas has nothing to do yeshua at all. it is the winter solstice

Yeah, right...:rolleyes: Christmas isn't about Jesus, that's why it's called "Christs Mass", and nativity scenes are set up everywhere. Btw pagan is not some 'response' to Christianity, not every pagan is a disgruntled ex-Catholic.:D

Trey of Diamonds

When do you think Yeshua(Jesus) was born? In the summer, or the winter, does a church subscribe to a time that you agree with? Present your evidence and vote.

Why does it matter to you so much? Everyone knows that most Christmas tradtions come from the Norse Yule celebrations and the Christ was most likely born in the spring or summer.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Yeah, right...:rolleyes: Christmas isn't about Jesus, that's why it's called "Christs Mass", and nativity scenes are set up everywhere. Btw pagan is not some 'response' to Christianity, not every pagan is a disgruntled ex-Catholic.:D
Aside from the nativity, and a few Christmas carols, it's just a veil covering Yuletide.

I am celebrating Christmas this year in a very Christian way as much as possible... otherwise we might as well call it Yule and be done with it.

If you celebrate true Christmas, Christ is there. If Yule, you would be doing Yule festivities. Saturnalia...

Christmas isn't a cover celebration any more than Channukah being a 'Jewish version' of Christmas.

And not like it matters if Jesus was born in Spring or Autumn, which I moreso believe... but I do believe he existed at some point in time!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I am celebrating Christmas this year in a very Christian way as much as possible... otherwise we might as well call it Yule and be done with it.

If you celebrate true Christmas, Christ is there. If Yule, you would be doing Yule festivities. Saturnalia...

Christmas isn't a cover celebration any more than Channukah being a 'Jewish version' of Christmas.

And not like it matters if Jesus was born in Spring or Autumn, which I moreso believe... but I do believe he existed at some point in time!

Totally agree!

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Or Santa Claus? I think that's the commercial aspect of Christmas, though, I don't really think it's a pagan holiday, just a Christian one that utilized a pre-existing pagan holiday date.
And their customs, including the tree, wreaths, exchanging gifts, and lights.

And their customs, including the tree, wreaths, exchanging gifts, and lights.

Yup... but how can we realistically 'give up' pagan customs, which also include toasting with glasses, yule log, mistletoe, etc.

As well as the Calendar months and days of the week...

Lights are not necessarily 'pagan'. Light and candles are in almost every tradition. Dipavali has always been the Festival of Light. Channukah's candle lights are found in the story of the Maccabees, and Christians have always used candles and light as symbols and forms to enter into the presence of the Divine.

Dipavali also had gift exchanges and giving into charity, and such also exists during the Baha'i 'Ayyam-i-Ha' and Islamic Eid.

The Christian tradition from what I simply see is basically the Advent wreath and lighting it once a week, Nativity Scene, having a large family meal before going to Midnight Mass... :)

Trey of Diamonds

Did I say it did?

You asked the question so it must matter at some level. Is there a problem with asking for your motivations? Some reason you are avoiding the question? If your response to questions you don't want to answer is to call the questioner names and refuse to answer then your conversations will be short.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

@Pegg, Post No. 11

You believe that Jesus “was born in the month of Ethanim (September-October)”? Then prove that Passover occurred “in the spring month of Nisan”. Prove also about the cursing of the fig tree occurred in Nisan.

Exodus 13:4 “Let there be a remembering of this day on which YOU went out of Egypt, from the house of slaves, ...4 Today YOU are going out in the month of A′bib.
“Abib,” literally meant “Green Ears,” the ears being ripe but still soft. Abib corresponds to the latter part of March and the first part of April. It came to be called Nisan after the Babylonian exile.

John 19:31 tells us that the day after the passover a 'great sabbath' which means the passover did not fall on the usual sabbath which was normally the saturday (7th day of the week)...it fell on the friday, the 6th day of the week which made the next day a 'Great Sabbath'

Mark 11:12 says that the fig tree had leaves but no figs... the fruits come in two stages the first ripe figs come in June/July, and the later figs from August onward. Some trees can produce the leaves ealier then the fruit. What is the issue you see with the fig tree? The jewish months of Sivan(may/june) and Elul (Aug/sept) are the times for figs...not Nisan (mar/apr).

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Exodus 13:4 “Let there be a remembering of this day on which YOU went out of Egypt, from the house of slaves, ...4 Today YOU are going out in the month of A′bib.
“Abib,” literally meant “Green Ears,” the ears being ripe but still soft. Abib corresponds to the latter part of March and the first part of April. It came to be called Nisan after the Babylonian exile.

John 19:31 tells us that the day after the passover a 'great sabbath' which means the passover did not fall on the usual sabbath which was normally the saturday (7th day of the week)...it fell on the friday, the 6th day of the week which made the next day a 'Great Sabbath'

Mark 11:12 says that the fig tree had leaves but no figs... the fruits come in two stages the first ripe figs come in June/July, and the later figs from August onward. Some trees can produce the leaves ealier then the fruit. What is the issue you see with the fig tree? The jewish months of Sivan(may/june) and Elul (Aug/sept) are the times for figs...not Nisan (mar/apr).

So, we can only surmise the month, right? We don't know the actual day(?)