• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will we acknowledge sexism and violence against men is just as real?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Yes, in the same way that American racial tensions trace back to slavery.

I would also point out that I said "patriarchy." Not "men," not even "misogyny." It's a system that screwed everyone over.
Patriarchy is the system that allows you to live in a house, drive a car, work, have heating, watch tv, be protected.... how the heck did it scr-w anyone? No one is perfect, but that statement sounds loaded to me.

Robert.Evans

Feminists created the rift between genders, not male-rights activists.

When you have politicians like Hillary Clinton parroting such quotes as "Women have always been the primary victims of war," men start to wake up and realize their contributions and lives are going unnoticed.
Is that what she says? haha.... so what happens when men are shot? I suppose they are just cannon fodder eh. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Didn't see the vid on account of cost to me (pay as you go) so if there is anything of importance and you want me to know, it will have to be written. Youtube just sucks the life out of your credit.
I had credit? No, don't go suggest'n I been put'n on airs.

Edit: I get it now! It's about cost to you.
I'm slow.

Anyway, you can read her work at various print outlets, eg, Time, Slate, Atlantic, Huff Post....
Christina Hoff Sommers: Rape Culture is a "Panic" Like 1980s Daycare
You won't be deluged with sexist jargon like "male gaze", "patriarchy", "male privilege", "neckbeard", "war on women", "rape apologist", "mansplaining", etc, etc.

And though I might not advocate women's rights, nor do I men's... we are supposed to keep the commandments of God, that is the whole duty of man.
Uh.....yeah.....we'll skip that minor point of difference for the moment. We heathens, Xians, Hindus, FSMs, Wiccans, etc will just have different premises. (I put heathens first cuz they're my favorite.)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Patriarchy is the system that allows you to live in a house, drive a car, work, have heating, watch tv, be protected.... how the heck did it scr-w anyone? No one is perfect, but that statement sounds loaded to me.
And now even you buy into that bogus war cry of "Patriarchy!"? If you start talking about the fine qualities of an imaginary boogeyman stalking the halls & stalls of power, you're just enabling'm.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is that what she says? haha.... so what happens when men are shot? I suppose they are just cannon fodder eh. ;)
Odd though it be from a draft dodge'n coward, I say Rudyard Kipling said it best.....

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";
But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,
The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Then what do South Western American/Northern Mexican Indians live in (they especially tend to have/did have matriarchal societies)? Is having a TV to watch really that good of a thing? Any system requires work to be done. And have heating? What does a male-dominated system have to do with heat?

Robert.Evans

I'm slow.

Anyway, you can read her work at various print outlets, eg, Time, Slate, Atlantic, Huff Post....
You won't be deluged with sexist jargon like "male gaze", "patriarchy", "male privilege", "neckbeard", "war on women", "rape apologist", "mansplaining", etc, etc.
Most are new to me. Sounds worse than I thought ;)

Uh.....yeah.....we'll skip that minor point of difference for the moment. We heathens, Xians, Hindus, FSMs, Wiccans, etc will just have different premises. (I put heathens first cuz they're my favorite.)
Live and let die, I mean...live ;)

Robert.Evans

Then what do South Western American/Northern Mexican Indians live in (they especially tend to have/did have matriarchal societies)? Is having a TV to watch really that good of a thing? Any system requires work to be done. And have heating? What does a male-dominated system have to do with heat?
Most heat, coal , oil, men dug out the ground. What planet are you from? ;)

Robert.Evans

And now even you buy into that bogus war cry of "Patriarchy!"? If you start talking about the fine qualities of an imaginary boogeyman stalking the halls & stalls of power, you're just enabling'm.
My point was that men made the majority of things that women now use and then say, I don't need a man.
It is like the teenager that think it is their room, and their stuff, when really it is all bought by their parents. Not a huge amount of thanks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most are new to me. Sounds worse than I thought ;)
And there are many more to be found in the literature. Divisive jargon has long been a useful tool to demonize the enemy, & motivate the troops.
- Label problems as originating from the enemy. Thus, merely discussing problems raises their hackles against their foe.
- Avoid one's own responsibility for the problems. It exculpates them to embed references to the enemy in the problems' labels.
- Shibboleths create a sense of unity & comradeship.
- Jargon is efficient.

Robert.Evans

I'm slow.

What about this: ''Cases like Warner’s are proliferating'' could have done with that in the closed thread.

Nice link to start a thread with, but I don't know if it would go down well. What do ya think ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My point was that men made the majority of things that women now use and then say, I don't need a man.
It is like the teenager that think it is their room, and their stuff, when really it is all bought by their parents. Not a huge amount of thanks.
Well, that view won't work at all. Women now make these things too.

Robert.Evans

You claimed these things come about because of a patriarchy, although this is false as many societies have been matriarchal.
So the men stopped at hom e and the women went out and planted the fields and fought the wars did they,.. haha. Get a grip! :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What about this: ''Cases like Warner’s are proliferating'' could have done with that in the closed thread.
Nice link to start a thread with, but I don't know if it would go down well. What do ya think ;)
We should be careful to avoid discussing moderation. A new thread is a good idea, but it would likely blow up.

Robert.Evans

Well, that view won't work at all. Women now make these things too.
Aye, but they didn't at one time. Now the work place is far nicer and easier and now they do. I know that is a simplistic answer and there is far more to it, but I don't recall women sailing the seas and mapping it all out why we all sat round the fires worrying if they would come back in one piece. ;)

Robert.Evans

That would likely be an improper thing to discuss here. Site Feedback or IRL would comport with the rules.
IRL?
You and all your fancy talkin... said before, tip me hat to ya, if I could afford one that is. Now tell me what that means and chuck me a tanner, and I'll skip off to another street. :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aye, but they didn't at one time. Now the work place is far nicer and easier and now they do. I know that is a simplistic answer and there is far more to it, but I don't recall women sailing the seas and mapping it all out why we all sat round the fires worrying if they would come back in one piece. ;)
Those days could properly be said to be part of the "patriarchy". Some modern day people (fringe feminist elements, aka "femdamentalists") still live in those days.