• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are we now in biblical prophecy?

Etritonakin

Edit:

Isa 9:21 Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

I heard one involved with the intelligence community say recently that U.S. support of Israel is counterproductive to U.S. national security.

The answer is not leaving Israel to fend for themselves. Some enemies of Israel desire that we not support Israel, but this would do NOTHING to make us more safe. They will desire our destruction just the same -and really don't mind if we alienate one of the few allies we have left (perhaps the only un-compromised ally). Our separation is not only desired by them, but some work toward it.

What we ought to do -in the U.S. and Israel -is go legit -stop doing stupid things -stop being the evil we say we hate -promote the human rights we say we champion -stop acting like a buncha Nazis ourselves.

Isa 10:1 Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
Isa 10:2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
Isa 10:3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
Isa 10:4 Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

That's a whole lotta outstretching of hands we don't need, MAILER!

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Since Pentecost the Israel of God is not fleshly Israel but a 'spiritual Israel' as Romans [2vs28,29; 7v6;9v6; Gal 4v26] brings out.

So, Jews and non-Jews can become Christian and be part of spiritual Israel or the Israel of God that is a holy [spiritual] nation without boundaries. -1st Peter 2v9
The physical nation of Israel today exists as a national group not a spiritual Christian group.

Etritonakin

Yes -and both are addressed in prophecy.

There are promises concerning "race" and "grace" -as some put it.

The promises God made physical Israel were not voided by Pentecost 31 A.D.

Though physical Israel did not keep their end of the covenant, God cannot go against his word.
He promised them national greatness not dependent upon obedience, but also curses for disobedience.

Some of the promises concerning race are that Judah would again inhabit Jerusalem and be strong against their enemies there -as has happened...
Zec 12:6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
..and will happen...
Zec 12:7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

and later all Israel...
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Amo 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
Amo 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

...though Judah will also be attacked before Christ returns, because God has somewhat against them (Isaiah 29, etc..)

...and that the house of Israel (often referred to as the lost ten tribes)-not the house of Judah (commonly known collectively as "the Jews) -would be sifted among the nations, lose their original language -eventually coming to their birthright blessings
Amo 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
(The U.S., Britain, Australia, Danmark, etc...) ... (Isaiah 28:11, Gen 22:17-18, Gen 35:11, Gen 48:16-22, etc.)
-and would eventually fall to the Assyrian/Chaldeans (modern Germany over the E.U. -see other posts)

The most obvious example of the difference between race and grace -physical and spiritual Israel -is that those who do "the daily" spoken of in Daniel are spiritual Israel -regardless of their race. The daily now is not sacrifice at the temple in Jerusalem -as they that do the daily ARE the temple now, and the daily is their preaching of the gospel of THE KINGDOM to all nations before the end -and prophesying before many nations -which will be taken away -caused to cease -by the Assyrian/king of the North/king of fierce countenance 1,290 days before he sets up the abomination of desolation (destructon at Jerusalem).

This SPIRITUAL Israel will then be led by God into the wilderness to safety as God allows PHYSICAL ISRAEL to be attacked and go into captivity -as promised for disobedience. Physical Israel are the first casualties of the "great tribulation".

The Assyrian's end will be in the holy land, however...
Isa 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

Isa 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
Isa 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

NO!

I am not misreading them. It will not be pleasant initially -to say the least.
I do not want to see thes things happen -but I understand why they must -AND HOW THEY MIGHT NOT! -and what I have personally experienced confirms them. As I have said in other posts, I was face to face with both Nazis and Muslim extremists in America around 9-11-01 -and know whereof I speak.
I have also had dealings with Britons, Americans and Israelis among the intelligence community -further confirming these things.

You apparently don't believe them, anyway -so there should be no misreading them in your view.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically

I believe your wrong again

"And there will be strange events in the skies – signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!"

salvation is NEAR

"Then he gave them this illustration: "Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near. Just so, when you see the events I've described taking place, you can be sure that the Kingdom of God is near. I assure you, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these events have taken place. Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever" (Luke 21:25-33 NLT)

kingdom of god is near!!!!

this generation will not pass!!!

And you believe your not twisting the words of jesus himself with your own words and beliefs??????

I have personally experienced confirms them

do you think your personal bias has led you away from the real! word of jesus ????????????

Etritonakin

Those things have not all come to pass, and I looked into the definitions of the words Christ is quoted as saying -so that the twisting which occured in translation did not lead me away from the real Word of God.

You can believe whatever you like. I have addressed those points already, so there is no need to reitierate. Apparently, I have crossed the line of those with whom you are willing to converse -so why keep asking the same questions and making the same assertions?

Make a copy of what I posted -see if they do not come to pass.
I am not concerned with making you not believe what you now believe -you will eventually.
Why be inefficient?

outhouse

Atheistically
Those things have not all come to pass, and I looked into the definitions of the words Christ is quoted as saying -so that the twisting which occured in translation did not lead me away from the real Word of God.

You can believe whatever you like. I have addressed those points already, so there is no need to reitierate. Apparently, I have crossed the line of those with whom you are willing to converse -so why keep asking the same questions and making the same assertions?

Make a copy of what I posted -see if they do not come to pass.
I am not concerned with making you not believe what you now believe -you will eventually.
Why be inefficient?

first of all, you read into the bible what you want and your creating prophecy

second your going against the exact words of jesus

are you a self proclaimed prophet?????????????????????????????

Those things have not all come to pass

ancient mans written word never got it all, why would it be only your place to fill in the blanks????

so that the twisting which occured in translation did not lead me away from the real Word of God

prove it please. I think you cannot.

I have addressed those points already

No i dont believe you have. So far all i have seen is a self proclaimed prophecy though misinterpetation

see if they do not come to pass

anyone can read into the past and dig up parrallels for the future, because you have done this with the NT does not make it valid. End of story.

Etritonakin

Well, since it's the end of the story, you'll have no more to say about it? Right?

I read the bible and study it exhaustively -you have no real interest in it, mock it
-yet claim to be an expert and tell me I don't understand it..
I'm sorry it has to be this way, but it really must -and it's not my choice.
I can't help you to your hurt, or agree with you toward your ignorance.
I will not deny the truth or acquiesce simply due to persistent duress,
nor can I give back what I did not take -and do not have.

You know it's true, and you know what I mean.(If not, Im not addressing you)

Stop Struggling against HIM, and simply do what's right.

He is REAL!

Why strive against your maker?

Since this is the end of the story, I'll look forward to you not continually repeating the same arguments over and over and over.....

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
I read the bible and study it exhaustively -you have no real interest in it, mock it
-yet claim to be an expert and tell me I don't understand it..

many athiest have a better understanding of what the bible means because we are not biased towards the content. I was raised in a private church school so and know the bible well, to well.

I can't help you to your hurt

there is no hurt here at all.

or agree with you toward your ignorance

this is where i strongly disagree, you come out with a oddball prophecy claiming you know something no one else does and claim we are ignorant because we dont jump on your lonely bandwagon.

I will not deny the truth

remember this truth is only your truth, your alone.

Stop Struggling against HIM, and simply do what's right.

atleast your adding some humor to the mix :) keeping it light LOL

Why strive against your maker?

hold your horses there pal. he never made me. Evolution is real science, proven and not up for debate.

you want to talk abiogenesis then go right ahead.

He is REAL!

lets break this down for you.

only a 1/3 ofthe planet is christian based, of that third many are not even christians and the number is greatly exaggerated,,, of that exaggerated 1/3 only about %5 go to church regularly.

that makes only the smallest portion of the world that has a chance to get into heaven according to you. I think thats a arrogant thought.

what make you so sure, you even know what god really is? from ancient mans orally handed down storys that have been taken literally???

what ,,,,, what makes you so sure that you know god so well, that you have to preach to others about your own prophecy???

tothen

most people think that we are in the end times. I dont know. I guess we will see what will happen with all of the 2012 stuff soon.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
most people think that we are in the end times. I dont know. I guess we will see what will happen with all of the 2012 stuff soon.

No one knows day or hour.- Matthew 24v36.

Do you think world conditions fit the description of Matthew chapter 24 and Luke chapter 21 besides 2nd Timothy 3 vs1-5,13 ?

Do you think Matthew 24v14 has any connection to our day or time frame?