• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does Male Dominance come from?

Trey of Diamonds

Do you think that natural male dominance has influenced culture and society? How can something that is natural be countered? Should something that is natural be changed?

CynthiaCypher

Do you think that natural male dominance has influenced culture and society? How can something that is natural be countered? Should something that is natural be changed?

males are just naturally phallogcentric. You guys are obsess with you ding=a=ling and it affects they way you think

no-body

Ok, I have a question for you Godobeyer, what do you think of cultures from history that are less patriarchal? Some Ancient Celt tribes shared much of the power with the women in their culture. Nomadic warriors of the Asian steppes rode into battle with their women right beside them, creating the myth of the Amazons when they met the Greeks in battle. Even Genghis Khan allowed women in his society to vote long before any other culture did. While none of these cultures were matriarchal, (accept a few rare Celtic tribes), the still shared power with their women. What are your thoughts on them?

Culture and nurture obviously play a big part too. Those examples show that men can be more rational and not ruled completely by their hormones and instincts when taught differently.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Male dominance pretty clearly has a biological basis. This being the case, I think there's only so much you can do socially to change this. I also think there's only so much that people, male and female, would really want you to do to change this.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Ok, I have a question for you Godobeyer, what do you think of cultures from history that are less patriarchal? Some Ancient Celt tribes shared much of the power with the women in their culture. Nomadic warriors of the Asian steppes rode into battle with their women right beside them, creating the myth of the Amazons when they met the Greeks in battle. Even Genghis Khan allowed women in his society to vote long before any other culture did. While none of these cultures were matriarchal, (accept a few rare Celtic tribes), the still shared power with their women. What are your thoughts on them?
I don't understand you point as well my friend .
as i see that you try to tell that in the past , there were a period that less patriarchal and other period was matiarchal ? because of culture and religion

Trey of Diamonds

I don't understand you point as well my friend .
as i see that you try to tell that in the past , there were a period that less patriarchal and other period was matiarchal ? because of culture and religion

I'm asking what you think of cultures that were less patriarchal? What do you think of a culture that allows for the female to be the dominate role in a relationship if that is what both parties agree too? If you knew a couple and the female disciplined the male should he do something wrong, what would you think? Could you remain friends with that couple? Do you think your culture should allow couples to do this if that is what they wish to do?

Trey of Diamonds

Evidence?

truck_nutz-2.jpg

Me Myself

Back to my username
The penis or testosterone I think. Your hormones pack a wallop on you guys. i actually feel sorry for you.

i think it is in the way that God created us

He created the man with the qualities needed to be leaders, to be protectors and guides...these are the masculine qualities of God that formed the bulk of Adams way of thinking. He also gave Adam feminine qualities too, but he gave these to a lesser degree. When he created the woman, he gave her his feminine qualities to a greater degree, and the masculine qualities he gave to the lesser degree.

So really, we are biologically different so that when a man and woman are joined together, they can become 'one' as the bible says. Together, they form the complete 'image' of God.

But a problem arose when Adam turned away from God...he could not express his dominant qualities in a perfect way anymore....he became unbalanced and those dominant qualities now became 'domineering' over the feminine qualities of the woman. So men need to learn to embrace the feminine qualities of God in order to become balanced again... unfortunately, some cultures have not come to appreciate the feminine qualities of God and for that reason they continue to try and 'stamp out' femininity....they do that by domineering over women who carry the feminine qualities of God.

I am really curious about your posture on this:

What do you think of the women that are better leaders than most men?

and what do you think on the men that are better emotional mediators than most women? (I would think emotional mediation to be a "femenine" qualty to you, if not please correct me :) )

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
I'm sure we could dig up a lot of 'evidence' or dirt, on hormones, testosterone, who's obsessed with what, etc.

I've seen women more obsessed with the phallus, than men are of their own.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
i think it is in the way that God created us

He created the man with the qualities needed to be leaders, to be protectors and guides...these are the masculine qualities of God that formed the bulk of Adams way of thinking. He also gave Adam feminine qualities too, but he gave these to a lesser degree. When he created the woman, he gave her his feminine qualities to a greater degree, and the masculine qualities he gave to the lesser degree.

So really, we are biologically different so that when a man and woman are joined together, they can become 'one' as the bible says. Together, they form the complete 'image' of God.

But a problem arose when Adam turned away from God...he could not express his dominant qualities in a perfect way anymore....he became unbalanced and those dominant qualities now became 'domineering' over the feminine qualities of the woman. So men need to learn to embrace the feminine qualities of God in order to become balanced again... unfortunately, some cultures have not come to appreciate the feminine qualities of God and for that reason they continue to try and 'stamp out' femininity....they do that by domineering over women who carry the feminine qualities of God.

I agree, as I interpret this.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I am really curious about your posture on this:

What do you think of the women that are better leaders than most men?

and what do you think on the men that are better emotional mediators than most women? (I would think emotional mediation to be a "femenine" qualty to you, if not please correct me :) )

there are always going to be exceptions to the rule and i accept that some women do develop great leadership skills just as some men can be very emotional.

These qualities can be developed through practice and training. Im pretty sure that any woman in a leadership role right now did not get there overnight.