• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

Rev Hydrogen

Continuity Guru
ahem

Ex default christian here
-nowadays: On a journey of awakening. . .

Always rereading Tolle.
Self knowledge is the the only rational path to
an irrational God. Anything else is imagination-land.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Another "other" here. I take whatever I find that makes sense to me, put it in a blender, and spit out a worldview that is unlike any other. I hope it's as close to reality as I can make it...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I chose Christianity. I also am interested in Buddhism as a philosophy for daily living, and also am interested in Zoroastrianism. I am trying to figure out if it is a precursor to the Abrahamic religions.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I voted Buddhist; although I take inspiration from many faiths and philosophies, and I go to a Unitarian Universalist church.

I also have an interest in Judaism.

Jupimartian

Ex-Protestant Christian
I chose Unitarian Universalist. I support tolerance of any belief system that allows someone to be happy amd moral. I also want to go to a UU church someday.

As for my personal beliefs, for now I'm a metaphysical naturalist, but I'm leaning toward a kind of irreligious theism. Perhaps polytheism, since it's hard for me to imagine that the only god in existence would be loving.

Jupimartian

Ex-Protestant Christian
Oh phew. I thought the beliefs I was leaning to were weird and random. But it looks like many others have a combo / unique system. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted Hinduism because I am primarily, but I've taken elements of Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism, even core Christianity (aka 'Jesuism') into my beliefs.

Freedomelf

The Calyr faith basically accepts the fact that all religions sprung from the same well, and that each culture modified religion to suit their own needs. After thousands of years, nearly everyone still retains some basic truths, but all religions have a great deal of myth as well. Calyr accept that no one religion, including their own, has the "right" idea, and that by studying several religions, you may come up with your own unique faith. That is the Calyr way, and that is my path.

Mangosteen

Interesting. I expected the Christians to be in the minority for some reason even though they are the majority in the world. The problem, of course, is there is so much variety among Christianity.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Non-Denominational Theism was my choice. I am not fond of labels really. I am sort of a Muslim and a Hindu although perhaps a little more Muslim.
I am not a fervent believer in holy books or taking them word for word like law books. I read the Quran and Shiva-rahasya Purana in relation to oneself and god not in relation to oneself and mankind.
I am heterodox, deistic, and enjoy spiritual metaphysics as well.

Jupimartian

Ex-Protestant Christian
My beliefs are back at agnosticism / atheism / metaphysical naturalism. I realized I wanted to believe in something beyond because...I wanted to. It sounded cool to believe in a divine force (one among many) who cared about me...as well as an afterlife where I can chill with my loved ones again. But facts are facts regardless if you want them to be true or not. :(

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
I chose "Christianity", though I usually put my religious affiliation as Catholic rather than Christian. I have an interest in every religion, particularly in the mysticism - integral, human experience with the Absolute - which I see to be at work in every faith and culture. I attribute this, through my Catholic worldview, to the active & universal work of the Holy Spirit outside the walls of the Catholic Church guiding all humankind towards the Truth.