• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Im interested that some people chose nihilism. Im not sure why anybody would choose nihilism because they wanted to. From my experience it only comes out of heavy depression. :confused:

Antiochian

Rationalist
By Spiritism does the OP mean Spiritualism? The thing about lists of religions is that they're never complete, and the option of "other" makes the other religions seem less relevant. I also agree with previous posters that some people are more than 1 religion and should be able to choose thus.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Right now it's a mix of Panentheism, Buddhism and Paganism. But it changes often. I wonder if I'll ever settle on something. Hinduism is very interesting though...

So the only option I could chose was other, really.

savethedreams

I'm still a seeker but I know what I am not and will never be. FOr now i'm a agnostic/humanist that like Buddhist(zen-tao).

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
what does nihilism involve?

Sorry, I forgot I had posted in this thread lol

I always have a hard time properly explaining nihilism.

"Ve believe in nossing Lebowski!" Comes to mind, but thats probably over simplifying it :D

According to the wiki definiton, and I paraphrase, it involves the negation of one or more particularly meaningful aspects of life.

The most common would be existential nihilism which argues that life has no meaning.

Mainly, having been through nihilist phases, I cant imagine why someone would even want to be a nihilist. Granted, the nihilism I experienced was existential and the product of a deep depression :D

"No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

Manfred

nihilism I experienced was existential and the product of a deep depression
That's usually how it goes untill someone actually starts to believe their own hype; blows their brains out because of it. lol

It's romantic at it's core, if you're selfish or honest enough to embrace it.

re: I don't know what I am, I'm not even sure I know how to feel about that, either.
I don't really believe in anything, but I do believe one day I will. I mean, what the hell is that called?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
That's usually how it goes untill someone actually starts to believe their own hype; blows their brains out because of it. lol

It's romantic at it's core, if you're selfish or honest enough to embrace it.

re: I don't know what I am, I'm not even sure I know how to feel about that, either.
I don't really believe in anything, but I do believe one day I will. I mean, what the hell is that called?

Well its not nihilism, it sounds like you just haven't found what resonates with you yet in my opinion.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'll change my answer to Nihilism if a mod sees this post and wouldn't mind... otherwise this is an old thread so it's not something that's important...