• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion's God is the most superior than all the other religion's God?

Which religion's God is the most superior than all the other religion's God?

• My religion's God is the most superior.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • All the different Gods from different religions is all equally superior.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I've no answer for this question but would like to know the true answer.

• I've no answer for this question and have no interests to know the true answer.

• It's impossible to know which religion's God is the most superior.

• Other answer.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No any religion's God is more superior than any other religion's God.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Different religion/belief/believer will have different answer, because their standard for God vary.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Saso

I appreciate your comment and commend you on the depth of study you've achieved.

I agree with you that there are truths and wisdom in all the faiths...they all present good and noble ideals, that is true. But religion is a little bit like inviting a special guest to dinner and making many delicious and colourful dishes. Some dishes are spicy, but your guest doesnt like spicey food. Some dishes are made with pasta, but your guest is glutose intolerant, so cant eat those ones. Another dish is sweet and tangy...well he likes the tang but not the sweetness because he can't have sugar.

How disappointing it would be to prepare so much food only to find that your guest can't eat it.

This is the situation we have with regard to religion. We are all one family, so it stands to reason that we had only 'one' creator. And sadly, mankind is very divided in how they prepare their worship for our one Creator. Some say he likes this, others say he likes that....but what if he likes none of it? How sad for people to devote themselves to practices and beliefs that offend our creator.
Yes i agree ... do all these various ways of worshipping are true and God loves it ?or one should search to find the way God is pleased with....

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes i agree ... do all these various ways of worshipping are true and God loves it ?or one should search to find the way God is pleased with....

You understand!

How would you search to find the way acceptable?

JoStories

I appreciate your comment and commend you on the depth of study you've achieved.

I agree with you that there are truths and wisdom in all the faiths...they all present good and noble ideals, that is true. But religion is a little bit like inviting a special guest to dinner and making many delicious and colourful dishes. YOu make a spicy chicken dish because he said he likes chicken, but he doesnt like it spicy so can't eat it. Some dishes are made with pasta, but your guest is gluten intolerant, so cant eat those ones. Another dish is sweet and tangy...well he likes the tang but not the sweetness because he can't have sugar.

How disappointing it would be to prepare so much food only to find that your guest can't eat it.

This is the situation we have with regard to religion. We are all one family, so it stands to reason that we had only 'one' creator. And sadly, mankind is very divided in how they prepare their worship for our one Creator. Some say he likes this, others say he likes that....but what if he likes none of it? How sad for people to devote themselves to practices and beliefs that may actually offend our creator.
But I don't think that creator would be sad, or rather offend that creator. I think that creator would welcome the diversity. Perhaps Krishna would prefer cumin and other spices while the God Mexicans hold to would love chipotle and jalapenoes. In the great banquet of God, why would there not be dishes that would appeal to all peoples and let them be the ones to choose whatever most appeals to them. Perhaps it would be Christianity for you while for me, it is Buddhism. Does that make either of us wrong or simply diverse in our approach to our understanding of who God is and how we can best serve God? As Christ said, bring all the little children unto Him.

JoStories

Lets first talk about concept of monotheism regardless of where truth is : Do you believe that God is one or more than one ? Generally speaking i mean :) and what does that entail i mean .. many gods rule this world ... what are the consequences of this?
No, I don't believe there are multuiiple gods. I believe God has many faces. I don't limit God. I believe God is a creator who painted a world in many hues and those hues ALL appeal to God. The consequences are that God can and does appeal to many peoples with many guises and what is wrong with that? Perhaps for you, that God is Allah, or Jehovah or G-d. For a Christian, its Christ. For another, it's Krishna or Gaia, or just Spirit, as it is for me. Does that diminish God or does it add to the beauty that is God?

JoStories

I miss this option: There is no other god beside Allah.
For you, that is your truth. For others, it's not. Do you really think you know the mind of God and can so limit God, however named, and then tell the world that only you are right? How can you know this? Do you speak for God now? I certainly don't.

Saso

No, I don't believe there are multuiiple gods. I believe God has many faces. I don't limit God. I believe God is a creator who painted a world in many hues and those hues ALL appeal to God. The consequences are that God can and does appeal to many peoples with many guises and what is wrong with that? Perhaps for you, that God is Allah, or Jehovah or G-d. For a Christian, its Christ. For another, it's Krishna or Gaia, or just Spirit, as it is for me. Does that diminish God or does it add to the beauty that is God?
Ok JoStories , i want to ask you do you agree with me that in order to prove that God has all these faces it must be admitted by God himself that He appoints these faces and guises to himself ?

JoStories

You understand!

How would you search to find the way acceptable?
For me, I have read just about every religious and sacred text there is, many in the original languages that they were written in. I would meditate on the word and try to find the truths contained in all of them, for in truth, all contain some truths. You prefer the Bible and there is not a thing wrong with that. I prefer the Teachings of the Buddha. Does our differences in approach diminish either one of us? Or does it add variety. I see God as a diamond with so many facets and colors as to appeal to all of us.

JoStories

Ok JoStories , i want to ask you do you agree with me that in order to prove that God has all these faces it must be admitted by God himself that He appoints these faces and guises to himself ?
Do you truly know the mind of God? I certainly would not be vain enough to think that I do. I am not that arrogant, and I mean no offense by that. I try to understand what I know of God but I would never say that I know what God has in mind for everyone else. How else can God let us know that God has many faces other than the many sacred texts the world has? You might say the Qu'ran is God's word, but what of those who say the Bible is, or the Vedas, or the Teachings of the Buddha, or the Tibetan Book of the Dead, or the Torah and so on. Can they not all have been from God?

Saso

Do you truly know the mind of God? I certainly would not be vain enough to think that I do. I am not that arrogant, and I mean no offense by that. I try to understand what I know of God but I would never say that I know what God has in mind for everyone else. How else can God let us know that God has many faces other than the many sacred texts the world has? You might say the Qu'ran is God's word, but what of those who say the Bible is, or the Vedas, or the Teachings of the Buddha, or the Tibetan Book of the Dead, or the Torah and so on. Can they not all have been from God?
That 's good JoStories .. so you agree with me that God's justice entails to send us a holy book in which teachings are there ..
So the question here is that do all these books are true ?in other words do all these books are a word of God ? If the answer is yes .. then God contradicts hinself by saying in one book that Jesus is god or son of god ,in other book jenovah ,in other book lord shiva .... how com ?it is impossible for God to contradict himself .. then we have to search which book is the word of God or still the word of God (coz there r books are originally words if God but as time passed , people changed them and mistranslated them ....

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But I don't think that creator would be sad, or rather offend that creator. I think that creator would welcome the diversity. Perhaps Krishna would prefer cumin and other spices while the God Mexicans hold to would love chipotle and jalapenoes. In the great banquet of God, why would there not be dishes that would appeal to all peoples and let them be the ones to choose whatever most appeals to them.

When it comes to worship, it is God who has to eat it, not us. So it shouldnt really be up to us what we serve the Almighty. Its not up to us. We are not the ones who have to eat it.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

What do you think of religions like the aztecs? Do you think ripping out the beating heart of a living human is just part of the diversity enjoyed by God? Or how about the middle eastern tribes who threw their babies into fiery furnaces....is that just part of the diversity you think God likes to see?

JFish123

The law of non contradiction states two contradictory things cannot both be true. And since all religions contradict each other, if one religion is right then all others are thereby wrong. I believe that Christianity is the one religion set apart as true for many reasons.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
For me, I have read just about every religious and sacred text there is, many in the original languages that they were written in. I would meditate on the word and try to find the truths contained in all of them, for in truth, all contain some truths. You prefer the Bible and there is not a thing wrong with that. I prefer the Teachings of the Buddha. Does our differences in approach diminish either one of us? Or does it add variety. I see God as a diamond with so many facets and colors as to appeal to all of us.

What is appealing to ourselves may not be appealing to our Creator.

He has told us what he wants and has set the standards he expects to see. Its up to us to swallow our selfish pride and submit to him. He will never submit to us.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I can understand why they may have given a negative look when you said you were happy in life. I can tell you the reason why millions of people have put their faith in Jehovah is because this world is a complete mess. You may be happy with your life, thats very true....however, when I look around the world and hear of atrocities, starving populations, corruption, crime, violence, inequality etc etc etc, i feel very sad. While I may not personally be affected by such things, I am deeply concerned about them and the people they do affect.

So that would be the only reason why you may have got a negative look. Its hard to understand how some people are not affected by the many problems we have in the world. I know you live in Australia where things are pretty good.....but what if you wake up one day and many of the same problems affecting other countries happen here at home? What if you become a victim of such things? Perhaps your outlook will change and thats really why we keep coming back....many people do change their view over time.
Yes of course I feel you those people in this world, but its all part of life, horrible things have happened to me through out my life, but I don't judge the world because of that, in fact most of the world is a beautiful place with pockets of so called bad stuff. When I was going to me church they would continually dwell on the bad stuff happening throughout the world, in fact in some ways I think they actually were excited by it, believing that the return of Christ is near. When I left the church I realized that the world was a beautiful place, and that we can make it heaven on earth, in stead of hoping for a future heaven. We only ruin this life by doing so, by thinking continually that its a bad place and making everyone around us think the same way. I think many cling to such beliefs just for comfort, their frightened of life, their frightened of death, so they go through their whole life hoping and praying for a better life and all the time ruining this one, and who knows, this one could be your last.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes of course I feel you those people in this world, but its all part of life, horrible things have happened to me through out my life, but I don't judge the world because of that, in fact most of the world is a beautiful place with pockets of so called bad stuff. When I was going to me church they would continually dwell on the bad stuff happening throughout the world, in fact in some ways I think they actually were excited by it, believing that the return of Christ is near. When I left the church I realized that the world was a beautiful place, and that we can make it heaven on earth, in stead of hoping for a future heaven. We only ruin this life by doing so, by thinking continually that its a bad place and making everyone around us think the same way. I think many cling to such beliefs just for comfort, their frightened of life, their frightened of death, so they go through their whole life hoping and praying for a better life and all the time ruining this one, and who knows, this one could be your last.

Life in our world is scarey. But death is not the worry...the worry is from our fellow man! Our world is dangerous because of the people in it. And unfortunately people cant be controlled.
We can have a beautiful world to live in if everyone behaved in a manner worthy of living here. If everyone respected the life of others our world would be a wonderful place. But thats not the case. Life is not respected.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Life in our world is scarey. But death is not the worry...the worry is from our fellow man! Our world is dangerous because of the people in it. And unfortunately people cant be controlled.
We can have a beautiful world to live in if everyone behaved in a manner worthy of living here. If everyone respected the life of others our world would be a wonderful place. But thats not the case. Life is not respected.
yes in some areas its not respected, but believing in a god that is going to change all that is to me a cop out, and I think that is why a pot of people use religion, not saying you do, but a lot do.

JoStories

When it comes to worship, it is God who has to eat it, not us. So it shouldnt really be up to us what we serve the Almighty. Its not up to us. We are not the ones who have to eat it.
I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me at all. We are finite creatures who have to eat to survive. What did you mean here?

JoStories

What do you think of religions like the aztecs? Do you think ripping out the beating heart of a living human is just part of the diversity enjoyed by God? Or how about the middle eastern tribes who threw their babies into fiery furnaces....is that just part of the diversity you think God likes to see?
From an historical POV, those religions teach us valuable lessons on some of the more negative aspects of a religion. We learn from them. We mignt not like the message but then, do you like the message of such Christian groups as WBC or David Koresh or Jim Jones? Of course not. But again, these fringe cults teach us that some religions, and I'm not singling your's out here, can be extremely detrimental to humans.