• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion's God is the most superior than all the other religion's God?

Which religion's God is the most superior than all the other religion's God?

• My religion's God is the most superior.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • All the different Gods from different religions is all equally superior.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I've no answer for this question but would like to know the true answer.

• I've no answer for this question and have no interests to know the true answer.

• It's impossible to know which religion's God is the most superior.

• Other answer.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No any religion's God is more superior than any other religion's God.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Different religion/belief/believer will have different answer, because their standard for God vary.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

JoStories

What is appealing to ourselves may not be appealing to our Creator.

He has told us what he wants and has set the standards he expects to see. Its up to us to swallow our selfish pride and submit to him. He will never submit to us.
Ah but how do you know what is appealing to that creator? Are you certain that God doesn't like the Vedas or Qu'ran or Tanahk? Can you with 100% certainty know what God wants? I certainly don't and thinking one does is the height of hubris. If you say you must swallow your pride, you must, by extension, also admit that you're too limited to know the mind of God.

JoStories

Life in our world is scarey. But death is not the worry...the worry is from our fellow man! Our world is dangerous because of the people in it. And unfortunately people cant be controlled.
We can have a beautiful world to live in if everyone behaved in a manner worthy of living here. If everyone respected the life of others our world would be a wonderful place. But thats not the case. Life is not respected.
But doesn't that respect meaning accepting and trying to understand the faith and choices of other peoples? Doesn't it mean we should be striving for open dialogue with others with whom we disagree so that we might be able to set aside some of this religious enmity?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
From an historical POV, those religions teach us valuable lessons on some of the more negative aspects of a religion. We learn from them. We mignt not like the message but then, do you like the message of such Christian groups as WBC or David Koresh or Jim Jones? Of course not. But again, these fringe cults teach us that some religions, and I'm not singling your's out here, can be extremely detrimental to humans.

Right so you agree that religion in itself is not always a good thing. Now if you think that way, then surely you would agree that God may also think that way too.

That is why i said that not every dish served up to our creator is going to be eaten.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
yes in some areas its not respected, but believing in a god that is going to change all that is to me a cop out, and I think that is why a pot of people use religion, not saying you do, but a lot do.
Well the purpose of religion is supposed to bring us closer to God. And ive found that by coming to appreciate the qualities and moral standards of Jehovah, its motivated me to strive to live by them and apply them myself. Now if everybody did this, the world would be a very different place. Peace with God means peace with our fellow man. So its certainly not a cop out. Its actually taking responsibility for my attitudes and actions and realising that we make the world what it is...and we have the potential to change it if we have the right force motivating us.

Pudding

Actually lets talk about religions Judaism , Christianity,and Islam these three are in origion one religion or in other words call to the same msg which is simply as that " God is one and that He is the one worthy of being worshipped" thats why am saying there is only one religion calling for the same msg
No, there're many different religions calling for many different messages or similar messages .

Other than Abrahamic religion, other different religion may also have the similar message of "their religion's God is the only one which worthy of being worshipped". This message is not exclusive to only Abrahamic religion.

,but a question comes here " are nowadays Christianity and Judaism still preserved from any changes or distortions ?if the answer is no so how can i follow a religion that suffers from a lot of distortions in its main source of legislation..

After reading ,searching ,and talking with some of christians for example , they agree that nowadays Bible has a lot of distortions and mistranslations . So my question is that how can i feel confident towards a book exposed to a lot of additions and omissions..

God is just, he never leaves us without a credible book as a guidance and source of legislation , here comes the Quran .There is only one and only one version of the quran on this earth , a fact that needs some contemolation ,is not it ?
Actually amnot talking of a point of view that defends Islam , instead am talking in an unbiased way to search for the truth ....

In all , i ask God to always guide us to the right path... :)
Thanks for explaining, but i can't agree with your statement, we can only agree to disagree.

Pudding

There is only one true God and he is the only God worth considering.
I understand our world may have quite a few different religions with different God(s) and they claims that only their religion's God is the one true God which is the only God worth considering but every other religion's God is false God.

I miss this option: There is no other god beside Allah.
Similar option: My religion's God is the most superior.

That 's good JoStories .. so you agree with me that God's justice entails to send us a holy book in which teachings are there ..
So the question here is that do all these books are true ?in other words do all these books are a word of God ? If the answer is yes .. then God contradicts hinself by saying in one book that Jesus is god or son of god ,in other book jenovah ,in other book lord shiva .... how com ?it is impossible for God to contradict himself .. then we have to search which book is the word of God or still the word of God (coz there r books are originally words if God but as time passed , people changed them and mistranslated them ....
Quite a few different believers from quite a few different religions can't agree with each other that which religion's holy book is the words of true God.

Quite a few of them insist that only their religion's holy book is the words of true God.

The law of non contradiction states two contradictory things cannot both be true. And since all religions contradict each other, if one religion is right then all others are thereby wrong. I believe that Christianity is the one religion set apart as true for many reasons.
Do Christianity not contradicting with other religion?

Statement 1: "The law of non contradiction states two contradictory things cannot both be true".
Statement 2: "And since all religions contradict each other".

According to the two statements above, it lead to the conclusion that all religion cannot be true.

But then follow by an irrelevant statement "if one religion is right then all others are thereby wrong".

Your statement doesn't make sense.

And about the statement 1, two contradictory things may indeed cannot be both true and lead to the possibilities that only one of them is true; but they can also be both wrong.

Last edited:

JoStories

Well the purpose of religion is supposed to bring us closer to God. And ive found that by coming to appreciate the qualities and moral standards of Jehovah, its motivated me to strive to live by them and apply them myself. Now if everybody did this, the world would be a very different place. Peace with God means peace with our fellow man. So its certainly not a cop out. Its actually taking responsibility for my attitudes and actions and realising that we make the world what it is...and we have the potential to change it if we have the right force motivating us.
I have to assume you mean by this that people would view God from a Judeo-Christian POV and nothing more, non? What of those such as me who view God as more of a spiritual being with eastern morals stances? What of atheists and agnostics? Your view is lovely but its utopian and not realistic.

JoStories

Right so you agree that religion in itself is not always a good thing. Now if you think that way, then surely you would agree that God may also think that way too.

That is why i said that not every dish served up to our creator is going to be eaten.
No, I didn't say that at all. I don't believe in a God in the way that you do. I don't believe any of us can truly know God and further, I don't believe most religions are anything more than humankinds way to find peace in thier life. I believe God is a state of being that we strive to know and understand and hopefully, through many lifetimes, we can become enlightened enough to know God.

Saso

No, I didn't say that at all. I don't believe in a God in the way that you do. I don't believe any of us can truly know God and further, I don't believe most religions are anything more than humankinds way to find peace in thier life. I believe God is a state of being that we strive to know and understand and hopefully, through many lifetimes, we can become enlightened enough to know God.
How can we be enlightened in your pov to know God?

Saso

I understand our world may have quite a few different religions with different God(s) and they claims that only their religion's God is the one true God which is the only God worth considering but every other religion's God is false God.

Similar option: My religion's God is the most superior.

Quite a few different believers from quite a few different religions can't agree with each other that which religion's holy book is the words of true God.

Quite a few of them insist that only their religion's holy book is the words of true God.

Do Christianity not contradicting with other religion?

Statement 1: "The law of non contradiction states two contradictory things cannot both be true".
Statement 2: "And since all religions contradict each other".

According to the two statements above, it lead to the conclusion that all religion cannot be true.

But then follow by an irrelevant statement "if one religion is right then all others are thereby wrong".

Your statement doesn't make sense.

And about the statement 1, two contradictory things may indeed cannot be both true and lead to the possibilities that only one of them is true; but they can also be both wrong.
Then it is time to search which of the books is the word of God or still the word of God ... one should think out of the box [emoji4]

Saso

No, there're many different religions calling for many different messages or similar messages .

Other than Abrahamic religion, other different religion may also have the similar message of "their religion's God is the only one which worthy of being worshipped". This message is not exclusive to only Abrahamic religion.

Thanks for explaining, but i can't agree with your statement, we can only agree to disagree.
Why am talking exactly about these three coz these which in fact call for the same msg were inspired while other religions are man made (no offense btw)

Pudding

Then it is time to search which of the books is the word of God or still the word of God ... one should think out of the box [emoji4]
Our world have about 4,200 religions and beliefs, to research all their different holy books may consuming too many times or there's not enough of one's life time to research all of them.

Even when a person did research, assume he found the exclusivist religion A's God to be the true God, but other different exclusivist religion may still regards exclusivist religion A's God as false God.

If a person's conclusion is that he disbelieve in all religion's God and be a good person, exclusivist religion may still call the person sinner.
Why am talking exactly about these three coz these which in fact call for the same msg were inspired while other religions are man made (no offense btw)
But this is just a statement without evidence to support it.

Or that this religion did provide some supernatural/spirituality evidence, but this supernatural/spirituality evidence cannot be objectively replicate to show to non-believer.
This supernatural/spirituality evidence can only be testimony by believer and it's accuracy is inconsistence.

Many other religion may also have this kinds of supernatural/spirituality evidence to support their religion's claims.

It's not non-believer's fault to disbelieve in those exclusivist religion if they feel the evidence is unconvincing.

The conclusion is everyone will only believe/follow what convince them. Maybe there've 1000000 versions of different interpretations of true religion/beliefs, everyone will still choose their preferences to follow with.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Do you think a religion has the right to offer human sacrifices if its idea of God is such that offering such things is good to do?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't know if there's a god or gods, but I do believe it likely that all religions are mostly human creations. Since each is unfalsifiable, it is virtually impossible to prove any religion wrong-- or right.

Saso

Our world have about 4,200 religions and beliefs, to research all their different holy books may consuming too many times or there's not enough of one's life time to research all of them.

Even when a person did research, assume he found the exclusivist religion A's God to be the true God, but other different exclusivist religion may still regards exclusivist religion A's God as false God.

If a person's conclusion is that he disbelieve in all religion's God and be a good person, exclusivist religion may still call the person sinner.

But this is just a statement without evidence to support it.

Or that this religion did provide some supernatural/spirituality evidence, but this supernatural/spirituality evidence cannot be objectively replicate to show to non-believer.
This supernatural/spirituality evidence can only be testimony by believer and it's accuracy is inconsistence.

Many other religion may also have this kinds of supernatural/spirituality evidence to support their religion's claims.

It's not non-believer's fault to disbelieve in those exclusivist religion if they feel the evidence is unconvincing.

The conclusion is everyone will only believe/follow what convince them. Maybe there've 1000000 versions of different interpretations of true religion/beliefs, everyone will still choose their preferences to follow with.
To spend time searching is not wasting it ... it is a matter of faith ...it is critical ..it deserves actually Pudding ..
As long as one search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity then surely one will be led to the right path by God..

Saso

I don't know if there's a god or gods, but I do believe it likely that all religions are mostly human creations. Since each is unfalsifiable, it is virtually impossible to prove any religion wrong-- or right.
If you prove that the book of that religion is totally a word of God with no omissions , additions , distortions and mistranlations ... then if should be that religion that God wants me to follow .. how could one prove this is another point ...may be posted later :)

Pudding

To spend time searching is not wasting it ... it is a matter of faith ...it is critical ..it deserves actually Pudding ..
Whether or not if a person find it a waste of time for the searching of true religion, is depends on his opinion to do so, is depends on why he wants to do so, is depends on whether he's willing to do so.

If he think it's deserves to do so, then he do it; if he think it's not deserves to do so, then he don't do it.

As long as one search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity then surely one will be led to the right path by God..
Yes, our world have many different religions, and there're quite a few of believers from quite a few of different religions who say that if non-believer search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity then surely non-believer will be led to the right path by their religion's God.

Religion A: If non-believer search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity then surely non-believer will be led to the right path by my religion's God.

Religion B: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion C: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion D: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion E: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion F: (Similar statement to religion A)

Non-believer: Religion A-F is contradicting with each other.

For a non-believer to search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity and end up be convince that the religion A's God is the true God, then this non-believer will be blamed that he cannot be led to the right path by religion B-F's true Gods because this non-believer search the truth with biased intentions and without sincerity.

If this non-believer found out that it's unconvincing for him to believe in religion A-F's Gods, then religion A-F will still blamed the non-believer for searching the truth with biased intentions and without sincerity that makes him cannot be led to the right path by religion A-F's Gods.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
And this is also done by not believing a god, atheist are good because they know it the best way to live so we all can be free, no need to cling to a belief that tells you what you should do, unless of course you need someone to tell you what is right and wrong, and if the is the case then religion is for you.

Saso

Whether or not if a person find it a waste of time for the searching of true religion, is depends on his opinion to do so, is depends on why he wants to do so, is depends on whether he's willing to do so.

If he think it's deserves to do so, then he do it; if he think it's not deserves to do so, then he don't do it.

Yes, our world have many different religions, and there're quite a few of believers from quite a few of different religions who say that if non-believer search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity then surely non-believer will be led to the right path by their religion's God.

Religion A: If non-believer search for the truth wherever it is without any biased intentions and with great sincerity then surely non-believer will be led to the right path by my religion's God.

Religion B: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion C: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion D: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion E: (Similar statement to religion A)
Religion F: (Similar statement to religion A)

Non-believer: Religion A-F is contradicting with each other.
Do you believe Pudding that there is heaven and Hell in the hereafter?