• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Trash Recipes

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The ultimate is Cuppa-Cuppa-Cuppa, revealed by Truvy in Steel Magnolias:

"Oh hell, Clairee, you don’t need a recipe. It’s just a cup of flour, a cup of sugar and a cup of fruit cocktail WITH the syrup, stir and bake in a hot oven ‘til golden brown and bubbly. I serve it with ice cream to cut the sweetness."

My mother makes this - with a white trash twist:

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 large can of peaches with syrup - or any sort of fruit mixed up with a heck of a lot of sugar
1 stick of butter

Pour fruit into bottom of casserole dish.

Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the fruit.

Slice butter LENGTHWISE and lay it across the the cake mix.

Bake for about thirty minutes at 350.

Serve over Bryers Natural Vanilla ice cream (or, if you're in Texas - Bluebell ice cream!).

Now THAT'S larrapin'!

And if you know what larrapin' means, you've got at least a touch of coon *** in you.

Kathryn

The above recipe makes me feel like this:

(I took this picture in New Orleans a couple of days ago and if I may say so myself, I think it's excellent! Got lucky I guess.)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
My goal in life is to be that colorful and vivacious and to have that attitude even while scrubbing the toilet.

I'm not there yet, but a girl can dream.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
My goal in life is to be that colorful and vivacious and to have that attitude even while scrubbing the toilet.

You're simply not taking the right drugs while housecleaning. At least, get a bit buzzed before tackling the bathroom.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Baked Beans

1 Can of Bush's Baked Beans
1 Onion
1 clove of garlic
3 tbsp of barbecue sauce
Brown sugar
Bacon or ham (Optional)

Start by browning your onions, garlic, and bacon in a skillet. Add the beans, brown sugar, and barbecue sauce when those are browned. Cook until heated, serves about 5

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Did we discuss fried baloney yet in this thread?
Fried bologna needs no discussion. It is a staple food, like flour, sugar, or milk are in that it is assumed they are always there.

If you are still the one scrubbing the toilets then there may be something wrong with your flogger.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The above recipe makes me feel like this:

(I took this picture in New Orleans a couple of days ago and if I may say so myself, I think it's excellent! Got lucky I guess.)

1. Lookin' good Kathryn!

2. You got lucky with this gentleman in New Orleans? Should I tell your husband?

Rainbow Mage

Easy Spaghetti Sauce

1 can of pre-cooked beef
1 jar of pasta sauce

Heat in a skillet and serve hot

Kathryn

1. Stand in front of fridge.
2. Open door.
3. Remove can of whipping cream.
4. Open mouth wide.
5. Fill with whipping cream.
6. Go to pantry.
7. Grab can of peaches and open it while savoring the whipping cream in your mouth.
8. Stand at counter and alternate between spoonfuls of canned peaches and shots of whipping cream straight from the cans to your mouth.

Doesn't get much better than this. And it's strangely sensual.

Rainbow Mage

Easier then Zatarain's, Gumbo

1 pack of chicken flavored instant rice
1 pack of shrimp flavored instant rice
Sausage
Okra
Instant Roux powder

Combine Roux mix, and instant rice in a pot of boiling water. Brown sausage and okra in a skillet. Stir in and serve. Serves about 4

Kathryn

Easier then Zatarain's, Gumbo

1 pack of chicken flavored instant rice
1 pack of shrimp flavored instant rice
Sausage
Okra
Instant Roux powder

Combine Roux mix, and instant rice in a pot of boiling water. Brown sausage and okra in a skillet. Stir in and serve. Serves about 4

Damn that sounds good. I just got back from New Orleans, by the way. Had some FANTASTIC gumbo at, of all places, the WW2 museum cafe!

But the best white trash food we ate was at the Galley in Metairie.

Smoke

Done here.
LOL!! My youngest son used to say he wanted a hot dog..but without the hot dog just the bun and ketchup only!
Many years ago I ordered a chili dog "with chili only" -- because I don't like yellow mustard -- and I was served a hotdog bun with chili on it. No hot dog.

Actually it's just as good that way.

Kathryn

Smoke I just love the way you keep up with this white trash thread.

I'm about to make some chicken salad - and I'll put sweet bread and butter pickles in it that are mixed with jalepeno peppers - chopped up big and chunky of course. Does that sound larrapin' or WHAT?

Kathryn

And I'll only use Hellman's real mayonnaise of course - miracle whip is too white trash even for me.

Smoke

Done here.
Easy pasta salad:

1 box of pasta shells, cooked and drained
1 bag of frozen oriental vegetables, thawed and drained
1 bottle of Caesar Ranch dressing

Mix it up and put it in the refrigerator the night before.

This is the only pasta salad I really like.

Smoke

Done here.
Smoke I just love the way you keep up with this white trash thread.

I'm about to make some chicken salad - and I'll put sweet bread and butter pickles in it that are mixed with jalepeno peppers - chopped up big and chunky of course. Does that sound larrapin' or WHAT?

Yes ma'am! I can't frubal you again yet, but you got some frubals coming for using bread and butter pickles, too. Those details count.

Smoke

Done here.
And I'll only use Hellman's real mayonnaise of course - miracle whip is too white trash even for me.
I'd rather have nothing than Miracle Whip.

In South Carolina, though, it's Duke's Mayonnaise.

I once got stuck taking care of some guy I barely knew but who was way too drunk to go home, so I took him home with me and made up the couch for him.

"I'm going upstairs now," I said. "Is there anything you need before I do?"

"I need a fried egg sandwich with Duke's mayonnaise."

I don't think he knew his own name at that moment, but he knew he wanted Duke's mayonnaise. :)

Smoke

Done here.
I think this falls short of being an actual recipe, but I used to love this when I was a kid.

Frito Pie.

Open a small bag of Fritos.
Pour in a ladle of chili.

Eat it out of the bag with a spoon, or with your fingers if you just don't give a damn.

You can add cheese if you want to get fancy. This is as close as we got to nachos in my childhood.