• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Trash Recipes

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Sometimes when I'm lazy and hungry I just spread peanut butter on the to-be-bitten end of the banana and get a little peanut butter with each bite.

Peanut butter and bananas on toast--one of my favorite childhood breakfasts. I thought it was Canadian.

Smoke

Done here.
PB&J and Dorito Sandwich

Step 1- two pieces of the cheapest bread you have
Step 2- put peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other
Step 3- place Doritos on either side
Step 4- smash together and enjoy!

I've been doing that as long as I can remember, but with potato chips instead of Doritos. The stronger taste of the Doritos might be offputting after nearly a half century of PB&J & potato chips.

Smoke

Done here.
PB and Banannas sammiches

2 slices of bread
peanut butter
1 bananna

chop bannana, spread PB on bread, and top with banannas.

That's one of my favorites, but if you really want to go white trash with it, you have to butter the bread and grill the sandwich. To reach the Elvis level of white trash, you add bacon on it.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I sometimes eat it out of the jar with my finger.

Back to the PB&J sandwiches - Smoke is right. Add bacon.

It's fab.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I sometimes eat it out of the jar with my finger.

Back to the PB&J sandwiches - Smoke is right. Add bacon.

It's fab.

Kathryn somehow always manages to be the trashiest person in the thread.

O.K., Anglo-Canadian version of white trash food: canned beans on toast.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Oh, regarding peanut butter: Must be crunchy.

When I was in France, peanut butter was one of the few things I missed. It's (or was) an expensive delicacy there. OTOH, this led me to discover the wonder that is Nutella.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
When I was young, we were pretty poor. My mother was a master of poverty cuisine. Anyone ever have this: Creamed salmon (made with canned salmon) on toast? It used to be one of my favorite meals as a child, and haven't had it since.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
This isn't a recipe really. It's a terrible, terrible thing I do:

A bowl of Cocoa Pebbles, milk, and Magic Shell. Put it in the freezer for a minute just so the Magic Shell hardens.

Smoke

Done here.
O.K., Anglo-Canadian version of white trash food: canned beans on toast.
I've never tried that, but I can tell you even without trying it that I'd like it. I'm afraid to try it; I don't need another high-carb temptation.

Anyone ever have this: Creamed salmon (made with canned salmon) on toast? It used to be one of my favorite meals as a child, and haven't had it since.
No, but that's another one I'm sure I'd like.

Oh, regarding peanut butter: Must be crunchy.
No, no, no. Smooth is better. However, if I grind my own I give up somewhere in between.

Smoke

Done here.
This isn't a recipe really. It's a terrible, terrible thing I do:

A bowl of Cocoa Pebbles, milk, and Magic Shell. Put it in the freezer for a minute just so the Magic Shell hardens.

It makes me a little queasy just thinking about it, but I'll bet my husband would love it. I'm surprised he hasn't thought of it himself. You ought to see him eat ice cream: ice cream, M&Ms (or sometimes crumbled Oreos -- for a special treat, both), milk, and Magic Shell. Looks god-awful to me, but he swears by it. If I ate like that I'd weigh 400 pounds.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sure I'm not the first to invent this one (a favorite):
Take a bowl of a fine vanilla ice cream.
Pour a couple shots of scotch or bourbon over it.
Enjoy!

Kathryn

OK anything involving Magic Shell is DA BOMB.

Also - I don't see how we can go wrong with a combination of liquor and ice cream. I mean, damn. What's not to love?

Kathryn

But Smoke - grinding your own peanut butter is NOT white trash behavior. That is downright yuppie-fied and you must stop it immediately if you are going to continue to live in the American South.

White trash peanut butter is either crunchy or smooth - but it's definitely on sale, definitely high in saturated fats, and definitely NOT home ground! No true white trash person would be caught dead trying to actually blend the separated oils back into a jar of peanut butter. "That ****'s old - throw it out!"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
But Smoke - grinding your own peanut butter is NOT white trash behavior. That is downright yuppie-fied and you must stop it immediately if you are going to continue to live in the American South.

White trash peanut butter is either crunchy or smooth - but it's definitely on sale, definitely high in saturated fats, and definitely NOT home ground! No true white trash person would be caught dead trying to actually blend the separated oils back into a jar of peanut butter. "That ****'s old - throw it out!"

But what if you grind your own peanut butter by running over a bag of peanuts with your monster truck?