• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Trash Recipes

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Personally, I'm enjoying the juxtaposition of Tibetan Buddhism and Velveeta, two concepts that are rarely combined.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
True dat. :)

So, if we were to list what is stocked in the pantry/fridge/freezer of a white trash household, we'd have:

1) Velveeta
2) Tater Tots
3) Oscar Meyer Bologna (to fry up for sammiches)

What else have I missed?

Potato Chips! Ruffled Potato Chips!

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Take two slices of WalMart white bread

Spread generic yellow mustard generously on both slices

Slap together and eat.
Mustard needs meat. At least bologna or hotdogs, sliced lengthwise. If meat is not available use any salad dressing on the WalMart bread instead of mustard. :drool:

Mr Cheese

faggots.jpg

Offaly good!:drool:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
4) Mac and Cheese
5) Spam
6) Canned chili
7) Sugar packets with the logo of a fast food restaurant on them
8) Coffee
9) Beer
10) Ramen noodles
11) Spaghettios
12) Dollar store cookies

(The ones I added are pretty close to what I always have on hand.)

Yep. That'll do it.

Don't forget the day-old donuts from Mister Donut.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I had one of these in my kitchen for a while, but I never could bring myself to cook it up. After about ten years I tossed it thinking it just wasn't worth it...

cannedchicken.jpg

Yes, that is a whole chicken in a can.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I had one of these in my kitchen for a while, but I never could bring myself to cook it up. After about ten years I tossed it thinking it just wasn't worth it...

cannedchicken.jpg

Yes, that is a whole chicken in a can.

The only thing that occurs to me is to wonder how the heck they got the chicken into the can.

Mr Cheese

WTF?! In England you cook them and serve them in sauce? And I thought Uganda was harsh.

from WIKI: A fagg0t is a kind of meatball. Faggots are a traditional dish in the UK,[1][2] especially the Midlands of England.[3][4][5] It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.[3] A fagg0t is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes breadcrumbs. The mixture is shaped in the hand into balls, wrapped round with caul fat (the omentum membrane from the pig's abdomen), and baked. A similar dish, almôndega, is traditional in Portugal. Another variation of fagg0t is Pig's fry wrapped in pig's caul: the pig's fry and boiled onions are minced(ground) together then mixed with breadcrumbs or cold boiled potatoes, seasoned with sage, mixed herbs and pepper. All beaten together and then wrapped in small pieces of caul to form a ball. These are then baked in the oven. Usually served cold.

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
Fried Potato Sammich...
Left over baked potato, sliced thick then fried brown in hot grease.
Place potatos on bread smeared with Mayonaise, sprinkle with sugar.
Better'n Ice Cream!!

Draka

Wonder Woman
I new someone who had their gas shut off for failure to pay (they had a gas range), but still had electric SO, they lived off of a bag of potatoes, a tub of cheap margarine, and an old electric skillet. Yep, that's right. This mother and daughter duo would slice up potatoes and have fried potatoes for every meal. Now, while that might sound horribly poor and that they needed help,...they always seemed to have money for cigarettes and going out to the bar almost every night. Now...how much more "white trash" can you get than that? :p

Wannabe Yogi

Ok folks this is as white trash as I will get.

This is great and kids love it. It will give you that bible belt gut it is so fattening.

Lemonade pie recipe

Made with lemonade concentrate, this tangy pie is simple to make.
Prep Time: 3 hours

Ingredients:

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 6-ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 medium size (8 ounce) container of Cool Whip, thawed
Preparation:

Beat together condensed milk and lemonade; fold in Cool Whip. Pour into pie crust. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours until firm.

My sons preschool teacher made this kids love it.

Easy Lemonade Pie: Pie Recipe

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I new someone who had their gas shut off for failure to pay (they had a gas range), but still had electric SO, they lived off of a bag of potatoes, a tub of cheap margarine, and an old electric skillet. Yep, that's right. This mother and daughter duo would slice up potatoes and have fried potatoes for every meal. Now, while that might sound horribly poor and that they needed help,...they always seemed to have money for cigarettes and going out to the bar almost every night. Now...how much more "white trash" can you get than that? :p
If one has smokes and alcohol do they really need anything more than potatoes? :no:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Fried Potato Sammich...
Left over baked potato, sliced thick then fried brown in hot grease.
Place potatos on bread smeared with Mayonaise, sprinkle with sugar.
Better'n Ice Cream!!

When I was growing up in California, we called them "Okies," and they ate Miracle Whip, not mayonnaise. In fact, I would say that Miracle Whip in the fridge was the definitive indication you were dealing with an Okie family.