• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Trash Recipes

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
What i would consider as White Trash food in England is Tripe and Onions cooked in Milk,Tripe is a Cows stomache lining and is revolting to look at,personally i would rather starve than eat it.

Methinks thou doth protest too much. I think you know a lot more about tripe than you're letting on.

Here's another family favorite from the deep South:

Sandwiches made of peanut butter, grape jelly, and bacon.

Everything is better with bacon.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Frito Pie

1 can wolf brand chili (I like mine with beans :yes:)

A few ounces of velveeta cheese

About 1/4 cup of milk

2 or 3 cups frito corn chips

Heat chili in microvave

Melt velveeta in the milk in microwave

Spread the corn chips out on a plate....pour chili over it....drizzle with the melted velveeta and milk mixture...

Gorge on this untill you are bloated..feel nauseated for at least 12 hours. :yes:

Now I grew up in the South...but I had never heard of such a thing untill I moved to Texas..and they were serving this at a concession stand at one of my childrens football games..My husband ordered one and I thought it was disgusting sounding..and looking..He got me to try a bite and I was hooked.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Brown some hamburger.
Drain.
slowly stir in ketchup (or catsup) till all hamburger is evenly coated.
Serve on hamburger buns.

I use prepackaged seasoning and tomato paste instead...I think what you are describing is called a Sloppy Joe..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Not to mention planning a visit to the lab to have your cholestorol level checked after the week is up.

Yep..especially if you take into account some of these "recipes" have 2 or more days worth of the maximum fat intake or sugar or both in one serving.

I think thats why I feel sick to my stomach after I binge on Frito Pie. all the fat.I would never eat that every day of the week unless my only other option was to starve.

Love

Dallas

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yep..especially if you take into account some of these "recipes" have 2 or more days worth of the maximum fat intake or sugar or both in one serving.

I think thats why I feel sick to my stomach after I binge on Frito Pie. all the fat.I would never eat that every day of the week unless my only other option was to starve.

Love

Dallas

LOL True dat.

It's because white trash recipes depend nearly entirely on highly processed foods in order to maintain a loooooonnnnngggg shelf life. Salt, fat, sugar, and especially preservatives help in keeping food on the shelf while having some sort of resemblence to taste.

Plus, it helps to be able to cook it up or fry it up or just plain serve it up in a jiffy since you got a baby crying in her playpen in the living room, a toddler hanging on your hip pulling at your hair and screaming for a Fudgesicle, two of your other kids setting up bottle rockets on your front lawn and pointing at one of neighborhood dogs, and the husband is fighting with one of his baby mamas in the driveway over child support since he hasn't kept a job for more than two weeks.

Tater tot casserole is a saving grace at that point. Who gives a blankity blank about health? :D

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Not in the white trash category, but Dallas's contribution reminded me of Navajo Tacos. Ever have one? YUM!

59866607_50715cebd8.jpg

Draka

Wonder Woman
Hey.
Don't knock it til you try it.

Don't get me wrong, I like occasionally cooking my green beans with A slice of bacon for flavor...BUT a pound or two of bacon AND grease? I think just reading that made my arteries cringe.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Not in the white trash category, but Dallas's contribution reminded me of Navajo Tacos. Ever have one? YUM!

59866607_50715cebd8.jpg

Oh MY GOD!

That looks delicious!! That puffy but crispy looking DOUGH!!

I havent had one of those but I have had what looks like the same thing but with a crunchy round flat taco shell and.....

That picture could be what I call a "Muchaco" .They have them at Taco Bueno but they are folded in half like a taco but with the soft(thick puffy) that is slighty toasted on the outside kind of bread..And its filled with a mushed up bean(refried) and meat mixture ..and letuce and tomatoes.

YEAH and you dump on the hot sauce!

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Don't get me wrong, I like occasionally cooking my green beans with A slice of bacon for flavor...BUT a pound or two of bacon AND grease? I think just reading that made my arteries cringe.

Yeah..its the difference between a pot of grease and bacon with a sprinkle of green beans..and the reverse.

If once its cooled there is 4 inches deep of hard white fat at the top thats a little over board.

Why not just melt some lard in a pot and call it "fat soup" and throw a couple green beans on top for garnish?

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
So it's like this. You're in Northern New Mexico, or Colorado in Mesa Verde. Ochre striped bluffs, smell of pinyon and sage, navy blue sky. You visit cliff dwellings of the ancient ones. Then you stop at a stand and a nice Navajo lady fries up some fry bread and layers it with hot chili etc. as depicted above and serves it up to you on a paper plate. Oh yeah.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So it's like this. You're in Northern New Mexico, or Colorado in Mesa Verde. Ochre striped bluffs, smell of pinyon and sage, navy blue sky. You visit cliff dwellings of the ancient ones. Then you stop at a stand and a nice Navajo lady fries up some fry bread and layers it with hot chili etc. as depicted above and serves it up to you on a paper plate. Oh yeah.

Oh man I just got goose bumps..The authentic food and that atmosphere sounds peaceful and dreamy yet with a little "spice"..I could have a food "orgasm" that way.Only thing is I would like to have that with a cold beer..:yes: thank you very much..Yes indeed.

Love

Dallas

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Still loving Dallas. She's like a box of chocolates. You never know what the %$#! you're going to get. Think I'll go start a thread about road food.

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
Any Sardine eaters out there? I can't like 'em. When someone opens a can of Sardines it reminds
me of the way the livewell in my Bass Boat smells!