• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Trash Recipes

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK I'm going to have some Tex Mex trash food tomorrow, ohhh, around 11 am...

Gonna go over to El Mariacha (which used to be a laundrymat and is now a "restaurant"), and point at things on the menu that I can't pronounce, and the nice Mexican lady in there will bring out a plate about the size of a hubcap filled with corn tortillas, steak fajita meat, avocado slices, cilantro and lettuce...dripping in grease. I'll sit down at one of the little tables with my feet on the concrete floor, and watch Telemundo - probably soccer - while listening to mariacha music on the radio. The screen door will squeak open over and over again and every sort of Texan will come ambling through there over the course of an hour - black guys in baggy pants, college students who haven't been to bed yet, redneck old farmers in Wranglers and cowboy hats, oilfield workers in coveralls and steel toed boots, pretty little senoritas with smooth brown arms and pencil thin eyebrows, you name it.

The common language - food. The word on everyone's lips - TACOS!!!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
When I am poor I eat a lot of toast.
Toast with KFC jam or honey (because it's free)
or with butter and cinnamon and sugar
captain crunch. Oh yes; Captain Crunch has been my lunch and dinner for days in a row. It's cheap and tasty. :D
or peanut butter sammiches
Or ramen noodles
or just cups of milk. That makes you not hungry anymore.

Oh! Just the honey packets from KFC. Those are good. And 100% free. :D

I could make a whole thread for peanutbutter sammiches. I think I already did. There's lots of cool ways to spice up your Peanut butter sammich.

There's lots of ways to spice up ramen noodles too.

Try to find a Burger King that doesn't hide the condiments behind the counter. They have a caramel sauce (made for the apple wedges available in a kid's meal) that could turn cheap ice cream into a yummy sundae really quick. ;)

Is it the same as the sauce they had for ''Diddy Doughnuts'' because I like that caramel sauce with my fries :drool:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Try to find a Burger King that doesn't hide the condiments behind the counter. They have a caramel sauce (made for the apple wedges available in a kid's meal) that could turn cheap ice cream into a yummy sundae really quick. ;)

The big sauces are always behind the counter though. It's only ever ketchup and stuff that's out in the open. KFC has the honey, jam, and jelly out there though. I never go to KFC after the traumatic experience I suffered there though.

Does Burger King charge extra for sauces? KFC gives theirs out for free. Scandalous!

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Does Burger King charge extra for sauces? KFC gives theirs out for free. Scandalous!
I am not sure. I usually just ask for a few of what I want at a time when I order stuff. I always get a little more than I need so I have it for my next meal when I can't get any. Hey you have to be resourceful when you spend months at a time in a truck! There is a Burger King in a truck stop in northern Arizona. Dang I forget what the town is, but it is part of the Hopi Indian tribe. They leave the caramel out there so I snagged it while waiting for a double cheeseburger one day. ;)

Erebus

There is something I like to call "The Sunday Morning Surprise" which is dead easy to make.

1. Gently marinade your own liver in cider over the course of saturday night.
2. When you wake up, grab some Spar tortillas and stumble blindly into the kitchen.
3. Grab anything meat based and fry it.
4. Steal anything that looks remotely like sauce.
5. wrap the fried meat, sauce and anything else that looks good at the time in the tortillas.
6. Eat.
7. Purge self.
8. Spend the rest of the day complaining.

Steps 6-8 are optional.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Fry up!!!!!!! Bacon, sausage, black pudding, tattie scones, beans, tomato toast served with a 750ml glass bottle of Irn Bru.

Walkntune

I was raised a poor southern boy in NC. I learned that those 69 cent campbell soups can turn anything into a delicious casserole.

Take a couple of cans of campbell tomato and vegetable soup. Fry up some hamburger(cheap kind thats real fatty). Mix together and put some canned biscuits on top and bake until biscuits are nice and brown and you have a delicious biscuit casserole.
Its a very nice change from hamburger helper!:D

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I was raised a poor southern boy in NC. I learned that those 69 cent campbell soups can turn anything into a delicious casserole.

Take a couple of cans of campbell tomato and vegetable soup. Fry up some hamburger(cheap kind thats real fatty). Mix together and put some canned biscuits on top and bake until biscuits are nice and brown and you have a delicious biscuit casserole.
Its a very nice change from hamburger helper!:D

Wow! You actually got to buy campbells!?!? We always got the cheap brand.

Another good recipe:

Rice crispy treats, only made with any cereal you happen to have. I made some fruity pebble crispty treats last night. All you need is a couple big marshmallows, some cereal of any kind, a paper plate (unless you want to try to clean the plate afterwards) and a microwave.

1. microwave the marshmallows until they are pretty mushy.
2. pour some cereal on it.
3. mix it up with your fingers or a spoon.
4. eat it.

MSizer

MSizer
Man folks, wasn't one of the criteria for this thread that the trashy food had to be good? I almost did barf when I saw that jar of pigs feet, and then speghettios.....yuck