• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who created God?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
No .. God is not physical .. we all know that physical matter has to have come from somewhere, but asking where God comes from,
is like asking where "imaginary numbers" come from :)
The imaginary numbers are what happens when you extend the reals to close under exponentiation. I don't think there's any explanation like that for God.

No .. God is not physical ..

Then what is God made of? Magic?

we all know that physical matter has to have come from somewhere..

The way I understand reality, is that matter, in one form or another, has always existed. So, it wouldn't have "come" from anywhere. Its always existed.

The idea of God is not complex at all ...

Really? Hmm, where to begin...

1. Omnipotence - basically taking Gods power to an absolute extreme and saying he has the power to do anything. This is simple?
2. Omnipresence - God is everywhere. How do the laws of physics work regarding this extreme attribute of the almighty master of the cosmos? This is simple?
3. Omniscience - knowing everything infinitely. What are the mechanics of this process? This is simple?

It seems to me that the opposite of this is true. This type of God seems to be the most complex 'thing' imaginable.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The imaginary numbers are what happens when you extend the reals to close under exponentiation. I don't think there's any explanation like that for God.

Good point. And as far as I'm aware, while imaginary numbers are involved in the mathematics behind some of the most important science around, I haven't seen many models or analyses of real-world phenomena we see all the time which plug god into an equation somewhere. Maybe that's just because while imaginary numbers have an explicit definition, god doesn't. When god does, maybe we can use god in empirical analyses. Who knows? In the meantime, however, I'm not going to hold my breath.

waitasec

Veteran Member
No. You're attributing claims to me that I never made. If you need to ask questions so that you actually have some of my claims, do that, but don't attribute anything to else to me.

you believe god is an uncaused cause right?

how is saying "something simply exists by nothing" any different?

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The universe existed before this event
Not according to the big bang theory. The universe began with the big bang. That's the theory. To refer to anything "before" the big bang is to talk about the temporal nature of a atemporal reality. No space, no time, no universe. Just a conceptual "point" in a 0-dimensional coordinate system.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Not according to the big bang theory. The universe began with the big bang. That's the theory. To refer to anything "before" the big bang is to talk about the temporal nature of a atemporal reality. No space, no time, no universe. Just a conceptual "point" in a 0-dimensional coordinate system.

Actually, no, that isn't the theory. The theory was that there was a hot dense mass containing all the matter and energy in the universe. Then it expanded into the universe today.

However, NOBODY knows what the universe was like prior to this event, so no one knows if the universe was always, there, created by some being, or just a natural result of nature.

Please research this more.

waitasec

Veteran Member
God is not a result.
then god is an uncaused cause....nothing

we can go on and on because of the nature of the question, however
for the sake of argument if your point stands for an uncaused cause, that is only an argument for a deistic theology...
and thats cool with me

jamesmorrow

let me put it this way

sleeppy, you find it unreasonable to believe that our universe was not designed, yet find it reasonable to believe that God was not designed. explain your reasoning please.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
then god is an uncaused cause....nothing

we can go on and on because of the nature of the question, however
for the sake of argument if your point stands for an uncaused cause, that is only an argument for a deistic theology...
and thats cool with me

An uncaused cause has to be something, to cause.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
let me put it this way

sleeppy, you find it unreasonable to believe that our universe was not designed, yet find it reasonable to believe that God was not designed. explain your reasoning please.

I never said that, either.