• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who here is enlightened?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Yeah, I think it's a lot like being cool. Cool guys can't engage the world much. They have to slouch most casually and glance here and there without any real interest and never say more than a few words at a time.

I could never be cool, alas.

it is about not needing to be cool :)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Out of curiosity, why would you assume that? Enlightened people have nothing to learn from others? Nothing to say? No interest in discussions?

I agree, when I experienced enlightenment all was revealed, I just stopped trying to find anything to make me happy, I was home. In that experience I realized that I was not the mind body organism, so in a way I as the mind body cannot be enlightened, the experience was through the mind body, but the mind body itself wasn't enlightened, enlightenment is beyond the mind body, the experience is secondary to that which IS.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
namaskaram windwalker ji :namaste

enlightened beings have no need to learn , the true nature of all phenomena has been realised , but out of kindness they may wish to return to share a little where ever it may be appreciated :namaste
I agree they know the true nature of phenomena, but that is different than knowing everything there is to know about an another individual. I see enlightenment as being fully awakened to the nature of truth and reality, but then living life, taking in the beauty of every moment, each offering of nature new each moment, each person, each thought. Enlightenment is not the end of life, but the very beginning.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
I agree they know the true nature of phenomena, but that is different than knowing everything there is to know about an another individual. I see enlightenment as being fully awakened to the nature of truth and reality, but then living life, taking in the beauty of every moment, each offering of nature new each moment, each person, each thought. Enlightenment is not the end of life, but the very beginning.

no it is not the end , nor is it the begining , it is a different perception of life :)

an enlightened person knows all phenonena conditioned and unconditioned , embodied and un embodied , it is no less beautifull or special or individual but it is symultaniously eternal and momentary , personal and impersonal .

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Good thing there is a lot of enlightened people here who can tell the rest of us what it's all about.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
no it is not the end , nor is it the begining , it is a different perception of life :)
But when you have a perception of life change, radically, isn't everything new? :)

an enlightened person knows all phenonena conditioned and unconditioned , embodied and un embodied , it is no less beautifull or special or individual but it is symultaniously eternal and momentary , personal and impersonal .
An enlightened person still does not know how to fly an airplane, or operate a computer, without engaging the mind in learning. He still learns. He still grows. So when then we he not participate in discussions with others? Is he beyond learning?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Lengthy thread.....
Did anyone say so?.....Someone must be enlightened.

Otherwise, no one is sure of anything.
Maybe then we can assume each one of us is enlightened to some degree.

As such, no one really has a plea of ignorance.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Since my own experience of Awakening or whatever name you want to call it, I realize now that we are all One in Consciousness, no one is higher or better than the other, we are already there, some cannot see it and some can, this is the only difference.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
Since my own experience of Awakening or whatever name you want to call it, I realize now that we are all One in Consciousness, no one is higher or better than the other, we are already there, some cannot see it and some can, this is the only difference.

Are you comfortable sharing the experience that flipped the lights on for you yet? Not that I wish to question it. I've read your backlog of teaching and you have clear sight. I just think people would benefit. But I do understand that I might asking you to expose yourself a bit much.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Are you comfortable sharing the experience that flipped the lights on for you yet?

Yes now i am, a friend of mine told me I should write a book about it and so I did, but really there isn't much to say, Enlightenment is simply the realization that we are more than the mind body. Its like many years ago when people never knew much about the human body and the way it works, now its common knowledge. Enlightenment is the same, when we don't realize our true Essence we can be said to be ignorant, but being ignorant or not, we are still that which IS, so also with the blood pumping through or bodies, if we realize this or not, the blood is still pumping.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
How long ago did it happen for you?

My mind body organism experienced it about 10 years ago, it was a time when I was over powered by the mind with mental illness and all. One night when i was so confused I just fell onto my bed and gave into life, in that experience that followed my whole life changed, it felt like all was new, like experiencing it for the first time, I remember I just could not stop laughing, i still laugh today lol.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I honestly do not know.

I am sure I would know if I was, but on the other hand, if I really was, I would be way too humble to admit it.

Are there 'degrees of Enlightenment'?

I've had spiritual experiences and some were very beautiful, intense, exquisite...totally indescribable...

Even though I realise they were/are just more of my 'mind playing tricks on me' (I mentally negate all my experiences), I must be careful not to overdo that, or I may miss something important in the process.

I guess I can say I have attained Satori, not full Enlightenment - or maybe I have..

If I have, I can say one thing. Yes, I have lost my ego (only referring to myself as 'I' to be able to speak and relate as a person).

I have totally lost my ego and attachment...the only 'attachment' I have left is that I am totally 'given' to God. I feel the love of God in my heart...

...but as for anything like 'mystical experiences', 'heightened awareness', altered states of consciousness....there has been none of that. None whatsoever.

So, whether that's all a huge bluff, or I am not enlightened yet, I am still trying to figure out.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Shave your head, wear robes, sit around a lot with your legs crossed, and say very little. If you do speak, say only vague, mystical sounding things, in a quiet voice. This will indicate to everyone else that you are an enlightened person. Voila.

Yeah, I think it's a lot like being cool. Cool guys can't engage the world much. They have to slouch most casually and glance here and there without any real interest and never say more than a few words at a time.

I could never be cool, alas.

I guess I'm cool and enlightened at the same time cuz I don't have any real interest, and I say vague mystical sounding things all the time. Who knew that one could be enlightened and cool at the same time. :D

Yes I am enlightened.

I am enlightened on the fact that I am not enlightened :p

I think enlightened has a literal, physical cordination with biophotonic energy. It is literally the amount, frequency, location, and direction of the light produced by the cells within the human body. People who have been qualified as enlightened in the past simply had a specific amount and type of light being produced by specific areas within the body, along with the ability to control and direct said light.