• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who IS "The Only TRUE God"- as Jesus put it?

jtartar

Now how do you get that to mean that Jesus is saying he is God? Isnt he simply explaining that he has been around since before Abraham (which is no mystery to me). Is this the best you have?

Blackheart,
You are exactly right, Jesus was saying that he was alive before Arraham.
Jesus was saying the same thing at John 17:5, 13:3.
Consider also, Col 1:15 and Rev 3:14, the Holy Scriptures tells us that Jesus was the first of all God's creations. That being so, since the known creation is12 to 14 billion years, Jesus is at least that old and probably much older.
When God started to prepare the earth for habitation by man, the angels shouted in applause, Job 38:4-7. Jesus was older than all the angels, being the first of God's creations, Prov 8:22-31.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Jesus reiterated the Oneness of God, in the same way that Muhammad had called upon the One God, and Guru Nanak, and Baha'u'llah, and all the Messengers of the Past.

Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like." Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."
Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."
Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."
Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."
And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"
Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

Gospel of Thomas

ninerbuff: "So all you have to do is believe and there's no condemnation? Or is there a catch? Apparently you have to do some extra **** too."

nope that is it...
beleive
pisteuō - put in trust with.
to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing)

othman.yaccob

Jesus sleep and you sleep, jesus eat and you eat, jesus walk and you walk, but why you consider jesus is god in human form and not you as god too in human form. or because the bible said that. why not you create a book , write in that you are god too.

barney1956

But Jesus DID think of himself as God in other senses. He thought it was his right to do what only God could do, for example forgive sins and execute judgment.

The problem with people is they don't have faith that God has the authority,the power or the right to give his only begotten son the authority and the ability to forgive sins and execute judgment,but God does have the authority and the power and the right,so when Jesus exercises that authority that was given him by his Father who is God you think that he is God himself you will be wrong and would be showing a lack of faith in God.

Blackheart

But Jesus DID think of himself as God in other senses. He thought it was his right to do what only God could do, for example forgive sins and execute judgment.

The problem with people is they don't have faith that God has the authority,the power or the right to give his only begotten son the authority and the ability to forgive sins and execute judgment,but God does have the authority and the power and the right,so when Jesus exercises that authority that was given him by his Father who is God you think that he is God himself you will be wrong and would be showing a lack of faith in God.

Well said!

jtartar

it actually matters quite a bit

Gods law is that his worshipers do not give their devotion to any other gods. The first commandment is

Exodus 20:2 “ 3 You must not have any other gods against my face. 4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion"

by elevating Jesus to the position of God Almighty, trinitarians are in fact breaking Gods law about idolatry. this was a sin punishable by death.

So it is a very serious matter to worship Jesus as if he is the only true God. Jesus is a servant of God...but trinitarians have made him their god and in doing so they are not really worshiping God Almighty.

Pegg,
One of the main reasons why there is a problem with the identity of God and His son Jesus, is: Many Bible translators have removed God's personal name form His own Book. They have substituted Titles Lord and God for God's Proper name that was recorded in His word over 7,000 times in the original writings. In the KJV of the Bible, every place in the Hebrew Scriptures where LORD, and GOD, are in ALL CAPITALS, the original, INSPIRED SCRIPTURES, had God's personal name, in Hebrew WHWH or JHVH. This name is best known as Jehovah and has been written this way for hundreds of years. God's name Jehovah is written on many old edifices and many coins. Some say the name should be YAWWEH, but the name Jehovah is much more recognized and has been in use for much longer. God's name is pronounced different in different languages, but the important thing is to separate The Almighty God Jehovah from any other god's name. Just about all gods have names, but only Jehovah created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them, Rev 4:11. Jehovah promises to remove all non-existent gods and the people who worship them, Ps 115:1-8

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Show me ONE scripture that says God is a person. You cant!!:no:
How about John 1and 14?

John 1

The Eternal Word

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I only remember this because of debates from people who argued against the trinity. Though I believe the trinity is a "man made" idea, scripture like this favors the trinitarians.

I'm telling ya, it's easier being an Atheist. :D

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How about John 1and 14?
John 1
The Eternal Word

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
I only remember this because of debates from people who argued against the trinity. Though I believe the trinity is a "man made" idea, scripture like this favors the trinitarians.
I'm telling ya, it's easier being an Atheist. :D

At Acts [28v6 B] the letter 'a' is before the word god.
So, at John 1v1 the same Greek grammar rule applies.
KJV writers inserted the 'a' at Acts but omitted it at John.

Did God have a beginning? No according to Psalm 90v2.
Did Jesus have a beginning? Yes according to John 1v1.
God had No beginning. Jesus had a beginning. -Rev 3v14 B.

God's 'Word' had a beginning in he heavens. -Col 1vs15,16.
Jesus was created before the material world came into existence.
God sent the heavenly created Jesus to earth to undo the damage Adam did.

And as John 1v18 says: No man has seen God at any time.
-Exodus 33v20; 1st John 4v12
Yet, many men had seen Jesus.

anthony55

Jesus Christ, the Son is called the True God and Eternal Life by John in 1 Jn 5:20

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus Christ, the Son is called the True God and Eternal Life by John in 1 Jn 5:20
20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

...and this is 'eternal life' according to John [17v3] that they might know thee [knowledge of] the only true God 'and' Jesus Christ, whom you [God] has sent.
Aren't two persons mentioned in verse 3 ?

1st John 5v20: But we know that the Son of God has come, and he [Son] has given us understanding that we many gain the knowledge of the true one.
And we are in him [in union] with the true one, in his [by means of] Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Isn't the God, who is in union with Christ Jesus, the true God ?
Who is the God of Jesus according to John at Rev 3v12 ?
What is the answer to the last question at Proverbs 30v4 ?
Who are the two [2] LORD/Lord's of Psalm 110v1?

anthony55

anthony55

Jesus Christ is the Great God who shall soon be appearing Titus 2:13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus Christ is the Great God who shall soon be appearing Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Titus 2v13 uses the conjunction: 'and'.

.....of the great God """and""" our Savior Jesus Christ.

God """and"""someone else.

The conjunction 'and' joins one person with another.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
...and this is 'eternal life' according to John [17v3] that they might know thee [knowledge of] the only true God 'and' Jesus Christ, whom you [God] has sent.
Aren't two persons mentioned in verse 3 ?
1st John 5v20: But we know that the Son of God has come, and he [Son] has given us understanding that we many gain the knowledge of the true one.
And we are in him [in union] with the true one, in his [by means of] Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.
Isn't the God, who is in union with Christ Jesus, the true God ?
Who is the God of Jesus according to John at Rev 3v12 ?
What is the answer to the last question at Proverbs 30v4 ?
Who are the two [2] LORD/Lord's of Psalm 110v1?

P.S. anthony55,

What are the answers to the ^above^ questions, thanks.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Provide your own answers to your own questions. I am not here to answer a thousand different questions from you or anyone else, but here to defend what I bring to the board.

If you don't answer mine or another's questions then how will we learn the answers without help?

Who helped the Ethiopian official in Acts chapter eight?

anthony55

If you don't answer mine or another's questions then how will we learn the answers without help?

Who helped the Ethiopian official in Acts chapter eight?

Look up your own answers, you suppose to be a debater. Show your facts and be prepared to defend them, instead of asking a bunch of questions.