• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who IS "The Only TRUE God"- as Jesus put it?

theMadJW

I never heard those terms before.
God IS ruach- POWER (breath, wind).
He does NOT possess anyone- that I can see from the scriptures.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

I never heard those terms before.
God IS ruach- POWER (breath, wind).
He does NOT possess anyone- that I can see from the scriptures.

If "god" to you is the one and only El, Yah, then no I agree he wouldn't dirty himself in any nasty bodies as ours and quite frankly, why would he need to? In any case, if we are looking at part of what we call Elohim, being as many put it as "godhead", where the malach/spirit/angel/ruach ha chodesh are a part of, then yes they can, have and do possess anyone for the pupose of Yah's will. As I understand it. :)

MEMNOCK

Spiritual Tour Guide
Is it 3 Gods in 1?
God-the-Father, God-the-Son, and God-the-Ghost?

Did Jesus HAVE a God?

When you say scripture debate, do you mean all scripture? Or just what the current christians call the bible? Ill go ahead and answer the question you ask though. It is quite simple: It is 2 parts of God(good/pos-evil/neg) merging together onto the physical plane into the living body. The father, son, holy ghost concept was changed from its original meaning:

Father(pos)---Child(neutral)---Mother(neg)

theMadJW

If Jesus Is God....
  1. Why is he called the "firstborn of all creation"? Col. 1:15; Rev. 3:14
  2. Why did he say he did not come of his "own initiative" but was "sent forth"? John 8:42
  3. Why did Jesus not know the "day and hour" of the Great Tribulation, but God did? Matt. 24:36
  4. Who did Jesus speak to in prayer?
  5. How did he "appear before the person of God for us"? Heb. 9:24
  6. Why did Jesus say "the Father is greater than I am"? John 14:28
  7. Who spoke to Jesus at the time of his baptism saying "this is my son"? Matt. 3:17
  8. How could he be exalted to a superior position? Php. 2:9, 10
  9. How can he be the "mediator between God and man"? ! Tim. 2:5
  10. Why did Paul say that "the head of Christ is God"? 1 Cor. 11:3
  11. Why did Jesus "hand over the Kingdom to his God" and subject himself to God"? ! Cor. 15:24, 28
  12. How does he refer to as "my God and your God"? John 20:17
  13. How does he sit at God's right hand? Ps. 110:1; Heb. 10: 12, 13
  14. Why does John say "no man has seen God at any time"? John 1:18
  15. Why did people not die when they saw Jesus? Ex. 30:20..........VEW

Mad: Excellent! In other words- there IS no "if"!
Jesus HAS the same God that we worship (not the Trinitarians 3 Gods).

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Mad: Excellent! In other words- there IS no "if"!
Jesus HAS the same God that we worship (not the Trinitarians 3 Gods).

Huh? :confused:

Those questions seem to be in favor of Jesus not being God, but separate. How are they confirmations of Jesus being God in human form?

VEW

Examine
the Scriptures

At Acts chapter 17, verse 11, people are called "noble-minded" because they were "carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so," things taught by the apostle Paul. They were encouraged to use the Scriptures to confirm the teachings even of an apostle. You should do the same.
Keep in mind that the Scriptures are "inspired of God" and are to be used for "setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) So the Bible is complete in doctrinal matters. If the Trinity doctrine is true, it should be there.
We invite you to search the Bible, especially the 27 books of the Christian Greek Scriptures, to see for yourself if Jesus and his disciples taught a Trinity. As you search, ask yourself:
1. Can I find any scripture that mentions "Trinity"?
2. Can I find any scripture that says that God is made up of three distinct persons, Father, Son, and holy spirit, but that the three are only one God?
3. Can I find any scripture that says that the Father, Son, and holy spirit are equal in all ways, such as in eternity, power, position, and wisdom?
Search as you may, you will not find one scripture that uses the word Trinity, nor will you find any that says that Father, Son, and holy spirit are equal in all ways, such as in eternity, power, position, and wisdom. Not even a single scripture says that the Son is equal to the Father in those ways—and if there were such a scripture, it would establish not a Trinity but at most a "duality." Nowhere does the Bible equate the holy spirit with the Father.Please do show me anything in the Bible that could support Trinity,thanks

Good points....I will be looking for the scriptural proof of a triune God.

VEW

Huh? :confused:

Those questions seem to be in favor of Jesus not being God, but separate. How are they confirmations of Jesus being God in human form?

Your right. Those questions are in favor of Jesus not being God, but seperate. I thank you misread the comment regarding them.....VEW

theMadJW

Religious Dogma have to be set aside, when listening to God.
"Trinity" is a Catholic-Inspired Dogma having NOTHING to do with ANY kind of Reality.

Only the gullible (or the dishonest) accept it.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Religious Dogma have to be set aside, when listening to God.
"Trinity" is a Catholic-Inspired Dogma having NOTHING to do with ANY kind of Reality.

Only the gullible (or the dishonest) accept it.

Got any backup for this statement?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Back up?
The Dogma is NOT in the scriptures.
When Constantine started the 'Universal' (Catholic) Church , the Trinity Dogma was formulated and made 'official'.

Simple Facts

Oh, really?

Here's an excerpt from the NW translation, the ending of Matthew:

"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:19-20)

EDIT: Oh, and Constantine wasn't the founder of the concept of the Trinity. The word "Trinity" in terms of the triune God was first used by theologian Tertullian, in the early third century.

jtartar

Is it 3 Gods in 1?

Did Jesus HAVE a God?

the MadJW,
Indeed Jesus has a God, just like we do. Many believe Jesus is the God mentioned in the scriptures. Just how many times would the the Holy Scriptures tell that Jesus has a God, before people who claim to believe the Bible, believe what it says??? Consider a few, God spoke from the heavens three times to Jesus while Jesus was on earth, Matt 3:17, Mark 9:7, John 12:28. Consider 2Cor 1:3, Eph 1:3, Col 1:3.
Something to remember, God's name is Jehovah, Jesus name is Jesus.
Jehovah is the Almighty God, the sovereign of the universe, Jesus is His son, whom He has given power over the earth, Matt 28:18. God's name in Hebrew was originally in the Holy Scriptures over 7,000 times. Far mare than any other name. All the place where you see either LORD or GOD, in all capitals, the original scriptures had THE TETRAGRAMMATON YHWH, God's PERSONAL NAME, in Hebrew.
Jesus many times prayed to his Father, while on earth, Matt 26:39, Luke 22:40-44, Heb 5:7-9.
Consider some things said about Jehovah God before Jesus was born on earth, Ps 86:8,10, Ps 89:6,7, notice here that Jehovah is held in awe, He is fear inspiring to all those round about Him. Ps 95:3, 96:4, 97:9, Isa 42:8, Jere 10:25, Micah 4:5.

BuyTheTruth

Is it 3 Gods in 1?

Did Jesus HAVE a God?

Hello theMadJW. Thank you for posting this thread.

Yes---by his own statements in John 17:1-3 and Rev. 3:12, Jesus has a God.

Jesus said it was his Father, and taught people to pray that his Father's name be hallowed as the first request of The Lord's Prayer. Matthew 6:9

The name of his Father is found in the King James Bible in Psalm 83:18:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."

The Jerusalem Bible put is this way:

"...let them know this: you alone bear the name Yahweh, Most High over the whole world."

God the Father, JEHOVAH, is the only one with this name and the title of Most High; and, the only one called "the only true God."

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Back up?
The Dogma is NOT in the scriptures.
When Constantine started the 'Universal' (Catholic) Church , the Trinity Dogma was formulated and made 'official'.

Simple Facts
Simple fiction. First off, the poster above is correct with regard to the origin of "trinity." Second, Tradition has always been as important as scripture. In fact, the scriptures are a product of Tradition...

kjw47

Hi Friends,, Jesus answers you himself while sitting at Gods right hand at Rev 3:12 He stresses to the world 4 times in one paragraph that he has a God. Also Paul at 1 Corinthians 8:6 Taught that there is one God to all, the Father. Because it is truth. Listen to Jesus-- He called his Father the only true God at john 17:3-- because it is truth. psalm 83:18

lockyfan

Simple fiction. First off, the poster above is correct with regard to the origin of "trinity." Second, Tradition has always been as important as scripture. In fact, the scriptures are a product of Tradition...

Sorry scripture is more important than tradition

Jesus made that wuite clear to the pharasies in his day and it hold true more than ever in these times than it did back then

1prophet

Is Jesus God? That is the problem - there is no word for God in the real translations of the bible. That is true about the word "Hell" also. Hell and God are "cover words" that distract and throw off the true meaning of the words implications.

Jehovah Elohim = Jesus (mostly)
Adonai Jehovah = the Father

Also the term El and El Shaddai (God and God almighty) as well as Eloah are used instead of Jehovah for different reasons I can explain later.

Jesus and the Father are "one" (echad) - United. They are 2 seperate entities yet EQUAL. Even though Jesus says no one is greter than the Father that does not mean he is not equal.

Phi 2:6 who subsisting in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,

Joh 4:25 The woman said to Him, I know that Messiah is coming, the One called Christ. When that One comes, He will announce to us all things.

Joh 4:26 Jesus said to her, I AM! the One speaking to you.

Joh 10:30 I and the Father are One!

When Jesus was on the earth he was 100% a mortal human. He was not a "god-man". He had to be human to suffer the pain and temptations he suffered for it to have any meaning. How could he demand we keep the Sabath as a mortal if he could not keep it himself?

The miracles were all done by his angels. In fact before he laid down his life he said this...

Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

He could have saved himself, but let himself die in obedience to the Father...His death was prophecised here...

Isa 53:10 But Jehovah pleased to crush Him, to make Him sick, so that If He should put His soul as a guilt offering, He shall see His seed; He shall prolong His days; and the will of Jehovah shall prosper in His hand.

and thus we see this famous verse...

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I believe Jesus was God. Or atleast a small essence of God. And I admit I could be wrong. My thoughts on it are that our souls was all created long before we was born into this world. And we resided with God in heaven until the time of our flesh birth, but when we are born into flesh bodies, our spiritual memories are hidden from us until we die and return to heaven. So Jesus was God just in a flesh body but he hid some of his own memories from himself, which makes since because the physical body/mind cannot withstand Gods infinite knowledge. Before anyone blast me. This is just my personal opinion on the matter.