• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who IS "The Only TRUE God"- as Jesus put it?

Canadian-Eh

Reading some of this I ask this one question. What barring does this have on your salvation? Is it more important that he be 3 in 1 or is it more important that through Yahshua you are saved? We are called into relationship with the Father and the Son and to seek. What I believe and what you believe for many things are trivial. Often people do not fast nor do they seek understanding from Yahweh on most matters. Often you will find that what a person believes is based more on where their relationship with the Father and Son is.

Most are influenced by what they have read by others or what they are told by others and not by what they have studied in the word. Too seek the truth takes commitment and who better to go to then the Father who is the author of truth. Many times we seek what others have written, which is okay for a starting point but do not neglect testing their words, for can you be certain what was written was truth and not of man?

I do not care how a person is sold, good man, great man, awesome man of Yahweh, they all need to have what they say tested against the word and you must seek the Father for he alone can show you if what these men say is truth or not. I always use caution when someone tells me I need to hear so and so because they are a great man of “God”. Which god? God is a generic word that many beliefs apply to whom they follow; some have many gods they follow. This is why I use Yahweh, it is the name he has given himself and applies only to him.

Man has had influence on the bible, but not enough to lead us astray and if we seek the Father we will gain understanding and truth. This I hold more important than whether there is 3 in 1 and so on.

lockyfan

You are saved through Jesus. God has created a mediator as such between us and him, because we are in need of it while we are imperfect.

Adam and Eve had direct contact with God, but only through JEsus sacrifice do we have contact with God, because it is through him that we gain forgiveness ofo ur sins and that we gain everlasting life.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
there is no reason
for believing that Thomas thought Jesus
was God Almighty.{John20:17}
(Except if you believe Church Tradition)
Since the scriptures are a product of Tradition, I'd have to say that belief in church Tradition is a must for any good Christian.

lockyfan

Actually they are not the product of tradition.

The bible even speaks against the traditions of men.

The scriptures are from God, Religion just makes it out to be the product of tradition

And Christians are not hte only ones who live by the "traditions of men"
But we are warned to not live by these traditions at Colossians 2:8

Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ

Matthew 23:1-3
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform

Do you see that in todays religions?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Actually they are not the product of tradition.

The bible even speaks against the traditions of men.

The scriptures are from God, Religion just makes it out to be the product of tradition

And Christians are not hte only ones who live by the "traditions of men"
But we are warned to not live by these traditions at Colossians 2:8

Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ

Matthew 23:1-3
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform

Do you see that in todays religions?
How are they not the product of tradition? Did they fall out of the sky one day?
What do you do with the many OT stories that have obvious parallels in earlier, non-Judaic religions?

They are the "Word of God," in that we believe that the authors were inspired of God. The may even be considered to be the "Word of God" because Christ is God Incarnate, and the Church (which compiled the texts) is the Body of Christ.

David69

Angel Of The North
Is it 3 Gods in 1?
God-the-Father, God-the-Son, and God-the-Ghost?

Did Jesus HAVE a God?

1. God and Lucifer. Lucifer is the real God, or a better way of putting it:
Gods Higher Self/Realself that God rejects (for now)
Lucifer is also the dark and the light (6 and 9) Satan and Jesus (essence of G/L)

2. Yes Lucifer. jmo (God is the father)

lockyfan

1. God and Lucifer. Lucifer is the real God, or a better way of putting it:
Gods Higher Self/Realself that God rejects (for now)
Lucifer is also the dark and the light (6 and 9) Satan and Jesus (essence of G/L)

This ealy shows where Satan is now trying to lead everyone.

There is ONE GOD.

2. Yes Lucifer. jmo (God is the father)

Jehovah is the ALmighty father of the Universe. He is God. Satan or Lucifer or whoever you want to call him, was created as a perfect Angel who let himself turn bad. he is not God or anything of the sort or atleast not hte God who is going to wipe out the badness from the earth.

How are they not the product of tradition? Did they fall out of the sky one day?
What do you do with the many OT stories that have obvious parallels in earlier, non-Judaic religions?

They are the "Word of God," in that we believe that the authors were inspired of God. The may even be considered to be the "Word of God" because Christ is God Incarnate, and the Church (which compiled the texts) is the Body of Christ.

See there right there is a tradition of man. Jesus is NOT GOD.

Bill Blevins

God spoke and the world was created... Jesus spoke and the dead were raised, the lame walked, the blind were made to see, water was made into wine, a sinful man (Peter) walked on water, and he raised himself from the dead. Do you know anyone besides God who could do such things?

David69

Angel Of The North
This ealy shows where Satan is now trying to lead everyone.

There is ONE GOD.

Jehovah is the ALmighty father of the Universe. He is God. Satan or Lucifer or whoever you want to call him, was created as a perfect Angel who let himself turn bad. he is not God or anything of the sort or atleast not hte God who is going to wipe out the badness from the earth.

See there right there is a tradition of man. Jesus is NOT GOD.

So God has only one side to him then?????? If we are created in his image etc, we all only have one side to us?....= boylicks!

Levite

Higher and Higher
Jesus was a Jew. Furthermore, he was an ascetic and traditionally strict Jew. He would have believed in the One God, the Source and Creator of all. Deuteronomy 6:4 is what every Jew learns as central theology: "Listen, O Israel: YHVH is our God! YHVH is One!"

That's what Jesus would've believed.

David69

Angel Of The North
Jesus was a Jew. Furthermore, he was an ascetic and traditionally strict Jew. He would have believed in the One God, the Source and Creator of all. Deuteronomy 6:4 is what every Jew learns as central theology: "Listen, O Israel: YHVH is our God! YHVH is One!"

That's what Jesus would've believed.

So he could have seen himself as part of God (as one) but its been missinterperated! Anyways, I understand.

Composer

God spoke and the world was created... Jesus spoke and the dead were raised, the lame walked, the blind were made to see, water was made into wine, a sinful man (Peter) walked on water, and he raised himself from the dead. Do you know anyone besides God who could do such things?
The human author of the story book that makes these spurious claims!

i.e. Human writers of fantasy.