• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will enter the paradise , the christains , the jews ,the muslims

Levite

Higher and Higher
A story about Chief of Town in egypt , called to main chefs of the there religions in that town , '"Imam" a muslim , and a "Clergyman" christain and a "Rabbi" jew ... He asked them : "i want for every one of you to prove me that , his religion is right, and guide to the paradise "... every one of them quiete (did not speak)...... then they dicided to choice the muslim to speak first..... the muslim said " if the jews will be enter the paradise , we will be with them ,because we believe in Moses , and if the Christains will be in the paradise we will be with them, because we believe in Jesus , and if we (Muslims) will be in the paradise , they will not, because they did not believe in Mohammed ".

I don't think entrance into the World to Come (or paradise, or heaven, or whatever you want to call it) is based on what religion you practiced, but rather how you behaved. If you were a good person, and cared for the oppressed, and advocated for justice, and loved and respected the works of God (other people, the earth, etc.), you're in. I definitely think God wants the Jews to be good Jews, and I suppose also the Muslims to be good Muslims, and the Christians to be good Christians. But I think more than doctrine, God wants us to be caring, compassionate, just, righteous, and giving, and not selfish, greedy, narcissitic, consumed by our personal pleasures and passions, unjust, or harmful to others.

Venatoris

I don't think entrance into the World to Come (or paradise, or heaven, or whatever you want to call it) is based on what religion you practiced, but rather how you behaved. If you were a good person, and cared for the oppressed, and advocated for justice, and loved and respected the works of God (other people, the earth, etc.), you're in. I definitely think God wants the Jews to be good Jews, and I suppose also the Muslims to be good Muslims, and the Christians to be good Christians. But I think more than doctrine, God wants us to be caring, compassionate, just, righteous, and giving, and not selfish, greedy, narcissitic, consumed by our personal pleasures and passions, unjust, or harmful to others.

Agreed. I find it laughable that some people think they will get into heaven and others won't based on what label they slap on their forehead. IMO actions, not beliefs, determine who will get into heaven.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Agreed. I find it laughable that some people think they will get into heaven and others won't based on what label they slap on their forehead. IMO actions, not beliefs, determine who will get into heaven.
I did not determine ...because simply i am not the God ... but what i tried to tell that the Muslims is the closer to heaven because we believe in all the messengers of God . but the jews and the christains did not believe in the last prophet Muhammad

Venatoris

I did not determine ...because simply i am not the God ... but what i tried to tell that the Muslims is the closer to heaven because we believe in all the messengers of God . but the jews and the christains did not believe in the last prophet Muhammad

Never said you did. I just disagreed with your assertion that a person is closer to heaven for believing in a prophet that others don't consider to be a prophet. If that were the case, Mormons and Scientologists would be closer to heaven than Muslims(they believe in prophets that came after Muhammed). Muhammed was not the last person who claimed to be a prophet so your whole argument is ridiculous. This is all an attempt to make yourself feel superior to those who came before you.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Never said you did. I just disagreed with your assertion that a person is closer to heaven for believing in a prophet that others don't consider to be a prophet. If that were the case, Mormons and Scientologists would be closer to heaven than Muslims(they believe in prophets that came after Muhammed). Muhammed was not the last person who claimed to be a prophet so your whole argument is ridiculous. This is all an attempt to make yourself feel superior to those who came before you.

Yeah, to say that X people who are good will be rewarded by God by Y people who were just as good won't be is to suggest that either God cares less about behavior and more about doctrine, which I find theologically and philosophically problematic, or it implies that God simply plays favorites, which seems unreasonable, or it implies that one religion alone has a total monopoly on truth.

And given that God is Infinite, and human wisdom is finite, to me it seems totally insupportable that any one religion can have an absolute and total monopoly on truth. It seems much likelier that there are certain common truths that many if not most religions contain, and certain truths meant for certain peoples that are specific to certain religions. But the fact that religions are different, with different ideas and goals, intended for different people, does not imply a hierarchy of "more or less truth."

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I talking about the three Abrahamic Religions Islam , Chritianity , Judaism : the last prophet is Jesus for the Christains , Moses for the Jews , Muhammad for the Muslims . i dont care about the other religions or their prophets ,

if there are arguments then you did not believe in it , that's not my problem ... you did not believe in God how you will believe in his messegners ... good luck in your next life .:seesaw:

Twig pentagram

High Priest
I talking about the three Abrahamic Religions Islam , Chritianity , Judaism : the last prophet is Jesus for the Christains , Moses for the Jews , Muhammad for the Muslims . i dont care about the other religions or their prophets ,

if there are arguments then you did not believe in it , that's not my problem ... you did not believe in God how you will believe in his messegners ...
good luck in your next life .:seesaw:
Same to you.:franken:

Venatoris

if there are arguments then you did not believe in it , that's not my problem ... you did not believe in God how you will believe in his messegners ... good luck in your next life .

The point I was trying to make is that no one can determine a real prophet from a false prophet. Muhammed could be a false prophet and in that case you are not more likely to get into heaven than a Jew, Catholic, Mormon, or Scientologist. Believing in a person does not get you into heaven. If you want to improve your odds, just be a good person. And don't talk down to people(that's gotta be a No-No):angel2:

Levite

Higher and Higher

if there are arguments then you did not believe in it , that's not my problem ... you did not believe in God how you will believe in his messegners ... good luck in your next life.

Actually, in Jewish thought, Ezra and Nehemiah were the last of the prophets. Moses was toward the beginning of the Prophetic Age.

But are you really essentially saying that Islam has a monopoly on truth?! Objectively, how can you say that?! How is that not exclusivist, and presumptuous?

Muhammed could be a false prophet and in that case you are not more likely to get into heaven than a Jew, Catholic, Mormon, or Scientologist. Believing in a person does not get you into heaven.

I'm not even getting into false prophets. I have no problem with the idea that Jesus or Muhammad had some kind of revelatory vision. What I am saying is that no prophet is more than someone who has experienced a vision of revelation with a message. Figuring out what the message is, how to phrase it, and the final form it should take is not God's work, but that of the human prophet...who may make mistakes, or misunderstand God, or try to interpret God's wishes within the social and cultural norms and constructs of their own time and place, which may in fact be too confining for the totality ot full truth or complete extent of God's actual message, or it may involve the prophet implying generality when specificity might have been called for, or vice-versa. Muhammad could be a perfectly legitimate prophet, and Islam still would have no monopoly on truth.

A story about Chief of Town in egypt , called to main chefs of the there religions in that town , '"Imam" a muslim , and a "Clergyman" christain and a "Rabbi" jew ... He asked them : "i want for every one of you to prove me that , his religion is right, and guide to the paradise "... every one of them quiete (did not speak)...... then they dicided to choice the muslim to speak first..... the muslim said " if the jews will be enter the paradise , we will be with them ,because we believe in Moses , and if the Christains will be in the paradise we will be with them, because we believe in Jesus , and if we (Muslims) will be in the paradise , they will not, because they did not believe in Mohammed ".

All of God's elect will be in Paradise, from every nation under heaven, all who were born of God, who came to believe and know, by the grace of God, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, who was crucified for the sins of God's elect.

All others will burn in the lake of fire for their own sins, forever and ever. Many were presented with the truth, concerning the deity of Jesus Christ and the salvation in Him alone, but these did not believe the truth, but rather received the lie, and made for themselves an unjust god who just turns the other way, and sweeps sins under the rug. And God will cast them into eternal hell fire. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Venatoris

All of God's elect will be in Paradise, from every nation under heaven, all who were born of God, who came to believe and know, by the grace of God, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, who was crucified for the sins of God's elect.

All others will burn in the lake of fire for their own sins, forever and ever. Many were presented with the truth, concerning the deity of Jesus Christ and the salvation in Him alone, but these did not believe the truth, but rather received the lie, and made for themselves an unjust god who just turns the other way, and sweeps sins under the rug. And God will cast them into eternal hell fire. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I wish Poe's law would burn in a lake of fire because I can't tell if you're serious.

Beta

How can a human body burn for ever and ever ???
Man is a LIVING soul Gen.2v7, not an immortal soul and all (human) souls can die Ezek.17v4. Hell-fire is eternal because it was prepared for the devil and his angels Mat.25v41 which are eternal spirits. Man who is not eternal will burn up and be ashes under the feet of the saints Mal.4v3.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I talking about the three Abrahamic Religions Islam , Chritianity , Judaism : the last prophet is Jesus for the Christains , Moses for the Jews , Muhammad for the Muslims ...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this run contrary to the story in the OP but more like what I said?

There is only One G-d and only One Truth, so why did more than one prophet need to be sent? It can only be because we humans are not One. We have flaws and different mindsets. Each of the three prophets you mention had the same Truth, but tailored for a different audience, a different People, so they could see the Truth from their perspective. The Truth is the same as the G-d is the same, and if you hear one... you hear all.

arimoff

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this run contrary to the story in the OP but more like what I said?

There is only One G-d and only One Truth, so why did more than one prophet need to be sent? It can only be because we humans are not One. We have flaws and different mindsets. Each of the three prophets you mention had the same Truth, but tailored for a different audience, a different People, so they could see the Truth from their perspective. The Truth is the same as the G-d is the same, and if you hear one... you hear all.

No brother, it is because some people are really stupid.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Christian scripture makes it quite clear that all who call on the name of Jesus will be saved, so the idea that belief in Mohamed is a requiement is flawed.

This is a flawed question and it appears that it went unanswered.

From what I have seen, only Christians have a guide to paradise (Heaven).
As for paradise (the Kingdom of God on earth) all religions point to it, some more than others. Being guided to it is one thing, getting in another.