• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wrote the Quran, and is it infallible ?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
BruceDLimber said:
Hi again!

In the Baha'i view, not really.

It's all a continuing process we Baha'is call Progressive Revelation, basically that God has continually sent Divine Messengers to update His teachings and laws to us according to our needs in each Age (and will continue to do so forever). This usually happens every 500-1,000 years when each Messenger founds a new religion that's the next stage in an ever-evolving one faith, the Faith of God! The Baha'i Faith is simply the latest (but not the last) such religious Revelation.

Best,

Bruce

Pardon me if I don't know a whole lot about your faith but I thought the Qur'an tought the people that it was the scripture where in there was no doubt. Would that not mean it was a completeion of scripture? In a way you have said that your faith has now developed its own "NEW" scripture. How does this not sound like the LDS?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I've never been one for hadith....... those who heard some one who heard some one say something......

I saw a volume of hadith that was more vast than the qur'an and the bible combined.

Popeyesays

DreGod07 said:
Pardon me if I don't know a whole lot about your faith but I thought the Qur'an tought the people that it was the scripture where in there was no doubt. Would that not mean it was a completeion of scripture? In a way you have said that your faith has now developed its own "NEW" scripture. How does this not sound like the LDS?

The Baha`i point of view is that there IS only one religion already--The Religion of God. Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus, Buddha, Krshna, Muhammad, the Bab, Baha`u'llah continue to reveal that single religion.

Therefore there is only one Scripture, but it will not ever be finished because we will never be without God's Revelation. All the Prophets are the Revealers of ONE God, and speak with ONE Voice.

Regards,
Scott :candle:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apple Pie said:
There is not a single solitary passage within the Koran itself that mentions the Islamic "Muhammad" as writing, nor dictating the Koranic scriptures...

Thus, based upon this most basic premise...it is pure myth for Muslims to think that their "prophet" had anything to do with the text at all.

It is quite inescapable that Islam’s “prophet”….who is not even mentioned in the Koran at all (due to the fact that he was a fictional character)… and did NOT write the Koran…

[29] Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds, Forgiveness, and a great Reward. (Quran 48:29)

[2] But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord - He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition. (Quran 47:2)

[40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things. (Quran 33:40)

Furthermore, the Koran tells us plainly where its material came from in scores of places.

It came from the Holy Bible.

It was translated from Biblical Hebrew and Greek into Arabic.

In fact, 80% of its content is taken from the Book of Revelation, alone....!

Hi dear Apple Pie, alot of people in the life of prophet Mohammed said that he is a liar, magician and many other things and every prophet faced the same thing.

[52] Similarly, no Messenger came to the Peoples before them, but they said (of him) in like manner, "A sorcerer, or one possessed!".
[53] Is this the legacy they have transmitted, one to another? Nay, they are themselves a people transgressing beyond bounds!
[54] So turn away from them: not thine is the blame.
[55] But teach (thy Message): for teaching benefits the Believers. (Quran 51:52)

[4] So they wonder that a Warner has come to them from among themselves! And the Unbelievers say, "This is a sorcerer telling lies! (Quran 38:4)

Moreover…the authors, who did finally put pen to paper, and translated the Hebrew and Greek into Arabic, were more than likely Christians…..!!!

Amazing...

Read Wiki to know about the first arabic bible ever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations#Arabic

The New Catholic Encyclopaedia confirms that during the time of the Muhammad(P)
The Hijaz [Arabian peninsula] had not been touched by Christian preaching. Hence organisation of the Christian church was neither to be expected nor found.

New Catholic Encyclopaedia, Op.Cit, Vol. 1, pp. 721-722.

Is The Bible Really The Source Of The Qur'ân?

The Word Allah In The Arabic Bible

[4] But the Misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged, and others have helped him at it. "In truth it is they who have put forward an iniquity and a falsehood. (Quran 25:8)​

Popeyesays

ApplePie,

The name of Muhammad is mentioned almost three hundred times in the Pickthall translation. Eighteen times in the Rodwell translation. So your count is off.

Do you read Arabic yourself? Or are you just relying on the cut and paste from a Christian site that has little respect for Islam?

Probably the latter.

Regards,
Scott

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
DreGod07 said:
I've never been one for hadith....... those who heard some one who heard some one say something......

I saw a volume of hadith that was more vast than the qur'an and the bible combined.

The Holy Quran is the word of God to Mankind.

The Hadith is the word, instructions and actions of Prophet Mohammed to be as an example of how we should live as muslims by following him. All the details of Islam are there.

Apple Pie

The Truth said:
[29] Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds, Forgiveness, and a great Reward. (Quran 48:29)

Hi The Truth,

Please inform us exactly why your "Muhammad" is quoting Jesus' Parable of the Growing Seed...as mentioned only in the Gospel of Mark chapter 4...

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/The_Koranic_Bible:_Who_is_Muhammad%3F

We eagerly await your response...

Apple Pie

Popeyesays said:
ApplePie,

The name of Muhammad is mentioned almost three hundred times in the Pickthall translation. Eighteen times in the Rodwell translation. So your count is off.

The Arabic word "Muhammad" is mentioned four times in the Koran.

Do you read Arabic yourself? Or are you just relying on the cut and paste from a Christian site that has little respect for Islam?

Why don't you find out...?

Apple Pie said:
Hi Michel,

There is not a single solitary passage within the Koran itself that mentions the Islamic "Muhammad" as writing, nor dictating the Koranic scriptures...

Thus, based upon this most basic premise...it is pure myth for Muslims to think that their "prophet" had anything to do with the text at all.

Furthermore, the Koran tells us plainly where its material came from in scores of places.

It came from the Holy Bible.

It was translated from Biblical Hebrew and Greek into Arabic.

In fact, 80% of its content is taken from the Book of Revelation, alone....!

Observe these interesting comments by E.W. Lane…

It is quite inescapable that Islam’s “prophet”….who is not even mentioned in the Koran at all (due to the fact that he was a fictional character)… and did NOT write the Koran…

Moreover…the authors, who did finally put pen to paper, and translated the Hebrew and Greek into Arabic, were more than likely Christians…..!!!

Amazing...

This is a bogus allegation for someone who obviously has no knowledge of the arabic langugae and of the quran. Pick up a bible and pick up a quran and tell me how many verses you find "copied" none!! you can't because this is one of the miracles of the quran, it can not be copied, who ever tries fails miserablly. Obviously, you wish to try to swell emnity

Never mentioned in the quran?? lets see

Surah Fatah ayah 29: Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of Allâh, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allâh and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurât (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allâh has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islâmic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).

more???

surah Azzab ayah 40:

Muhammad (SAW) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allâh and the last (end) of the Prophets[]. And Allâh is Ever All­Aware of everything

I'm sorry the prophet (saw) was illiterate and could not "translate" works of greek and hebrew into arabic. He never learned to read nor write and all claims that he did are false with no clear decisive evidence that he ever learned to. Why don't you pick up the quran and tell me where you see the chapters "Genisis" or "timmothy" or any of the ones found in the bible

As you can see your claims were totally fictious and sewed with malice. I ask that you aplogize for talking about something you had no knowledge of!!

Scott I raised many questions i wanted you to answer which I'm still awaiting to be answered if you are capable and willing to answer (would appreciate it). Also I have no reason to believe Buddah, Zorast, and Krishna were prophets unless you can give me evidence from quran and sunnah

Oh and one last thing for the guy who said that the hadeeth was bigger then bible. Its the documentaion of the prophet Muhammad(saw)'s sayings, and actions so of course its bigger then the bible. Unlike any other man who lived on this earth, the life of Muhammad (saw) was well-documented and well preserved, something that Muslims are very proud of :)

sadly you didn't read what it said "as mentioned in the torah and injeel before" Muhammad(saw) never saw the scriptures before nor could he read it

Apple Pie

mohamedhassan said:
sadly you didn't read what it said "as mentioned in the torah and injeel before" Muhammad(saw) never saw the scriptures before nor could he read it

I have thoroughly exegeted the ayah in question, and provided the link to "The Truth".

If you find an error in the exegesis, then please come forward with a specific example.

Thanks...

Apple Pie said:
Hi The Truth,

Please inform us exactly why your "Muhammad" is quoting Jesus' Parable of the Growing Seed...as mentioned only in the Gospel of Mark chapter 4...

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/The_Koranic_Bible:_Who_is_Muhammad%3F

We eagerly await your response...

You obviously argue with out knowledge don't you. You've heard somethings or read somethings about islam so you decide to attack it with what every you can cancoupt. With all due respect try to show some courtasy and openness to discuss rather then openly accuse. Would greatly appreciate that thank you

Apple Pie

mohamedhassan said:
You obviously argue with out knowledge don't you. You've heard somethings or read somethings about islam so you decide to attack it with what every you can cancoupt. With all due respect try to show some courtasy and openness to discuss rather then openly accuse. Would greatly appreciate that thank you

Brother hassan,

Please divert your anger into generating an intellectual exegetical response...

Thanks...

hahaha not only is that the best imagintive thinking i've every seen, but the best fake of a study i've ever heard of. Listen, when people have a hatred they don't prove things directly but make things up to try to fool others if your hear for the truth please don't provide us with things like that as evidence, because you'll only make muslims laugh

sorry i don't have anger but the firsts words you said in this forum were ones of grave insult but your right lets divert our attention to more of a intellecutal discussion

Booko

Deviled Hen
Apple Pie said:

Muhammad quoting one of Jesus' parables is about as amazing as Jesus quoting from the Tenakh...or Hillel.