• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's more racist... the religious or the non-religious?

Sgloom

I certainly feel to say atheism is boring,it is dull. There is no fun in it, expecting miracles won't mean anything for you.
what is this supposed to mean?
atheism is boring and no fun so im going to be a theist because i can look forward to miracles?
great reason to be a theist...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
By the means of it's coming from the only source that can produce them or not. Do you guys go home at night and try to figure out new ways to overcome this objective morality idea? It kind of seems that way they way they are posted. (that last sentence is strangely worded by me)
You did not answer the question.

I did not ask where you BELIEVE morality comes from, I asked by what objective means is morality measured.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You did not answer the question.

I did not ask where you BELIEVE morality comes from, I asked by what objective means is morality measured.
What are the units used to evaluate objective morals? Who invented the scale? Why do materialists think that anything that cannot be measured or grasped by our five sences can't be real. David Hume once said "If we take in our hand any volume of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance, let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames, for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion." Human Intelligence: David Hume There is only one problem his statement fails it's own test. The unbeliever wants to subject everything he doesn't like to a standard so high that it will die the death of a million qualifications. However if he likes the ideas like: Beauty, love, worth..... then face value is good enough. I do not know how you would measure an abstract concept using materialistic methods and I do not care. It is philosophy that must be used to discuss this topic.

waitasec

Veteran Member
What are the units used to evaluate objective morals? Who invented the scale? Why do materialists think that anything that cannot be measured or grasped by our five sences can't be real. David Hume once said "If we take in our hand any volume of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance, let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames, for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion." Human Intelligence: David Hume There is only one problem his statement fails it's own test. The unbeliever wants to subject everything he doesn't like to a standard so high that it will die the death of a million qualifications. However if he likes the ideas like: Beauty, love, worth..... then face value is good enough. I do not know how you would measure an abstract concept using materialistic methods and I do not care. It is philosophy that must be used to discuss this topic.

read my signature.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
read my signature.
Since my fellow sinful man will not be judgeing me when I die, then God is the more relevant being to concern yourself with. Even the absence of God makes man's opinion no more relevant. Your signature is a Christian virtue and results from the devine mystery. Since when is worrying about what other people think ever been considered a wise act?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
so the basis for your faith is....fear? i'm sorry to hear that.

You can't call it fear,but choice.

For atheist,they don't believe on judgement day,so they have no choices.

But for believers,since they believe on afterlife and punishment,then they have to have
the wise choice between heaven and hell.

You can't called running from a lion attacking you from far away just fear,but the right
decision and wise choice but just waiting for the lion to catch you,then that will be stupid decision.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
But for believers,since they believe on afterlife and punishment,then they have to have
the wise choice between heaven and hell.

You can't called running from a lion attacking you from far away just fear,but the right
decision and wise choice but just waiting for the lion to catch you,then that will be stupid decision.

Yes but we be ignorant mostly. How can one make the right choice from ignorance?

That lion maybe the church around the corner waiting to catch you in your ignorance.

If you know then you know, if not, how can we be held accountable for a decision made in ignorance.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
so the basis for your faith is....fear? i'm sorry to hear that.
Once again you seem to know more about why I have faith than I do. How is this magic performed? I listed an aspect of faith not the cause for it. I will type slower if it will help. The fact that you do not fear an omnipotent being that has the power to judge you but apparently fear the judgement of silly people just as faulty as you was known long ago and acounted for.
New International Version (©1984)
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise

Kind of sums up your posts.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
because i live among other people and if i intentionally hurt them...i hurt myself.
I guess that is why it is almost universally used as an example of folly, immaturity, and insecurity. That was also not the context that the statement was originally given in.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
then how do you know that your morality has been "heightened"?

Interesting how you falsely claim that I am setting the " standard so high that it will die the death of a million qualifications."
What makes this statement from you so comical is that I was completely allowing YOU to set the standard...

And instead of setting the standard, you go straight to whining about how high it is set?

Now that we know you cannot measure morality (based on your blatant refusal to even set a standard), we can now also determine that you have no way to discern your claimed "heightened" morality other than by wishful thinking.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
then how do you know that your morality has been "heightened"?

Interesting how you falsely claim that I am setting the " standard so high that it will die the death of a million qualifications."
What makes this statement from you so comical is that I was completely allowing YOU to set the standard...

And instead of setting the standard, you go straight to whining about how high it is set?

Now that we know you cannot measure morality (based on your blatant refusal to even set a standard), we can now also determine that you have no way to discern your claimed "heightened" morality other than by wishful thinking.
Ok the standard is consistency with God's will. Goodnight everybody.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I guess that is why it is almost universally used as an example of folly, immaturity, and insecurity. That was also not the context that the statement was originally given in.

sure there is more than enough reason to feel insecure when the self righteous are doing the persecuting, in the name of their god no less.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
you said it yourself son, you are more concerned about gods judgement then your fellow mans...
Don't call me son if you want to continue a discussion, your moral superiority is showing. Here is what I said. "Since my fellow sinful man will not be judgeing me when I die..." It was my justification for concerning myself with God's judgement over man's judgement it had nothing to do with with the basis for my faith. That corresponds to the bad and the good implications of judgement. Even if it did have to do with fear of God, then the fact that you fear mere man more than God is infinately pathetic in comparison. Here is your statement: "so the basis for your faith is....fear? i'm sorry to hear that". Find the words "basis, faith, or fear" in my statement.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
sure there is more than enough reason to feel insecure when the self righteous are doing the persecuting, in the name of their god no less.
Can you please get back on the reservation and say something meaningful instead of this diatribe.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Don't call me son if you want to continue a discussion, your moral superiority is showing. Here is what I said. "Since my fellow sinful man will not be judgeing me when I die..." It was my justification for concerning myself with God's judgement over man's judgement it had nothing to do with with the basis for my faith.

and why are you so concerned about gods judgement...?

john 3:16 comes to mind