• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's more racist... the religious or the non-religious?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
How is it flawed?

You are making a claim that most of religious people if not all are racist. So since Christianity is the largest faith in terms of followers it harbors the majority of racists. You have nothing to back that up with.

That's why I used the example of China twice. I can make the same claim based on the same reasoning. Would I be right?

Moreover, the tittle asks who is 'more' racist. A religious person or a non-religious person?

Religion plays no role, like I said before, Islam makes a clear statement that all are equal and doesn't promote racism. I and any random Muslim of another skin colour are considered brothers and neither is allowed to discriminate the other based on skin colour. We are equal.

The question of the OP itself is flawed. Racism has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with race obviously.

A Troubled Man

In The Book Of Origins of Charles Darwin it states that the most evolved creature is the human, and of the human race the white man is superior to all other races.

First of all, the book is called, "On the Origin of Species" where he said no such thing. Secondly, the book he published about a decade later, "The Descent of Man" discusses races and the differences of theories between the Monogenists and Polygenists.

It would appear you didn't read any of his books. And, if you did and actually understood them, would you too then be a racist based on YOUR own words?

The most racist are those who follow the teachings of Darwin.

Truly mind boggling statement.

A Troubled Man

Be honest now, did you figure that out all by yourself?

Figure out what? That your statement is one of the most ridiculous on these forums?

Basically, what you're saying is that anyone who has read Darwins works and understands them is a racist?

I can't believe for an instant you're actually serious. That was joke, right? A very bad joke, but a joke nonetheless?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You are making a claim that most of religious people if not all are racist.
No I'm not.

So since Christianity is the largest faith in terms of followers it harbors the majority of racists. You have nothing to back that up with.
:facepalm:

That's why I used the example of China twice. I can make the same claim based on the same reasoning. Would I be right?
yes.
There are more Chinese racists than there are American racists.
This is not saying that the Chinese are more racist than Americans, only that there are more racists who are Chinese than there who are American.

Moreover, the tittle asks who is 'more' racist. A religious person or a non-religious person?
I quote the OP:
1. If you divided people into 2 groups, the religious and the non-religious, which group would have more racists in it?
The religious would have more racists simply because there are more religious than non-religious.

Religion plays no role, like I said before, Islam makes a clear statement that all are equal and doesn't promote racism. I and any random Muslim of another skin colour are considered brothers and neither is allowed to discriminate the other based on skin colour. We are equal.
I never made any claims concerning the role of religion effecting the level of racism.

The question of the OP itself is flawed. Racism has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with race obviously.
Unless there is a religion that promotes/advocates racism...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
First of all, the book is called, "On the Origin of Species" where he said no such thing. Secondly, the book he published about a decade later, "The Descent of Man" discusses races and the differences of theories between the Monogenists and Polygenists.

It would appear you didn't read any of his books. And, if you did and actually understood them, would you too then be a racist based on YOUR own words?

Truly mind boggling statement.

Meeting the simple Indians of Tierra del Fuego, Darwin wrote: "I could not have believed how wide was the difference between savage and civilized man; it is greater than between a wild and domesticated animal . . . Viewing such a man, one can hardly make oneself believe that they are fellow creatures and inhabitants of the same world."

Koster, John, 1988. The Atheist Syndrome, Wolgemuth and Hyatt Publishers, Brentwood, Tennessee p. 50.

A Troubled Man

Islam makes a clear statement that all are equal and doesn't promote racism.

Darwins books do not promote racism, either.

I and any random Muslim of another skin colour are considered brothers and neither is allowed to discriminate the other based on skin colour. We are equal.

And, if they aren't Muslim or of the same skin color as you, are they equal, too?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No I'm not.

:facepalm:

yes.
There are more Chinese racists than there are American racists.
This is not saying that the Chinese are more racist than Americans, only that there are more racists who are Chinese than there who are American.

I quote the OP:

I never made any claims concerning the role of religion effecting the level of racism.

Unless there is a religion that promotes/advocates racism...

So basically all people are racist. And which ever group (religious) is greatest in number has more racists. :confused:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Darwins books do not promote racism, either.

Yes it does.

And, if they aren't Muslim or of the same skin color as you, are they equal, too?

Muslims are superior to one another only in terms of piety.

A Muslim has a better status in the sight of Allah than a non-Muslim (not in terms of race or skin colour, surely you understand what that means)

A Troubled Man

Meeting the simple Indians of Tierra del Fuego, Darwin wrote: "I could not have believed how wide was the difference between savage and civilized man; it is greater than between a wild and domesticated animal . . . Viewing such a man, one can hardly make oneself believe that they are fellow creatures and inhabitants of the same world."

Koster, John, 1988. The Atheist Syndrome, Wolgemuth and Hyatt Publishers, Brentwood, Tennessee p. 50.

THAT is your supporting statement for racism? LOL!

Do you have any idea what the statement means? Darwin was talking about how civilizations evolved and compared that to all human evolution in how we evolved from a "lower form".

Darwin went on to say in, "The Descent of Man"...

"He recalled how closely the Fuegians on board the Beagle "resembled us in disposition and in most of our mental faculties."

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
THAT is your supporting statement for racism? LOL!

Do you have any idea what the statement means? Darwin was talking about how civilizations evolved and compared that to all human evolution in how we evolved from a "lower form".

Darwin went on to say in, "The Descent of Man"...

"He recalled how closely the Fuegians on board the Beagle "resembled us in disposition and in most of our mental faculties."

I think your sugar coating machine is broken, you need to buy a better one.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
When did i say that everyone is racist?

Your blatant lies have caused me to completely lose all interest in further discussion with you.

Have Nice Day.

So where did you learn that most of Christians are racist? OMG you don't understand your own statements.

A Troubled Man

OK no worries.

Yes, there is much to worry about. It is obvious that you haven't read Darwins works but still feel compelled to fabricate the most ridiculous conclusions so far removed from reality, decency, honesty and integrity, and then have the gall to top it all off by saying...

A Muslim has a better status in the sight of Allah than a non-Muslim