• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why can't we have a relationship with other men?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Also, most people with HIV/AIDS in the world are heterosexual black Africans. So obviously being a black African and a heterosexual is immoral and unnatural.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Hmmm, I don't think your taking this very seriously answering that way. Aids kills people, it was first seen in homosexual men. Is this wrong? You don't seem to want to answer.

Let me ask you this as an analogy:
Let us say that a group of people start a game where you shoot at one another. This is only between consenting adults, so its fine right? The fact that there will be millions spent on trying to put us together then, we shall ignore. Occasionally there will be a few innocent bystanders that will be hit, but what the heck, eh. This gets taken up world wide; people shooting people and millions spent on it. For some reason though, no one is allowed to say it is wrong in the press. I wonder why? Perhaps its because its not the people killing, just that little bit of lead which enters them. Would this be allowed? No. It would be seen as irresponsible. Why not go paint-balling instead, without the consequences which would normally follow.

no, I had my serious face on... I was trying to discern your argument. You are putting forth more than one and I am trying to figure out precisely what you are saying.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
no, I had my serious face on... I was trying to discern your argument. You are putting forth more than one and I am trying to figure out precisely what you are saying.

Here's the thesis as far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong, Robert):

Homosexuality is bad because it causes Aids.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic

Can't we just skip about 5 pages of fact vs fiction, and shooting down argument after argument and get to the real thesis...

"homosexuality is bad because either 1. My book says it is, or 2. I think it's icky."

Curious George

Veteran Member

But I thought aids was the evidence for the argument that homosexuality was wrong as well from R.evans perspective. This is what I am trying to figure out. Is AIDS the actual reason for which homosexuality is wrong or is evidence that it is wrong, it cannot be both.

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:
Message to Robert Evans: What do you recommend that homosexuals do about their homosexuality?

Robert Evans said:
What should they do, do not commit the act.

From a medical perspective, that would be a bad recommendation for homosexuals who are monogamous, healthy, and happy since having safe sex has health benefits, and long term abstinence has health risks. Some people can successfully practice abstinence for life, but many who have tried had to get medical treatment for many kinds of physical, and emotional problems.

Agnostic75 said:
Do you agree with most experts that sexual identity is not a choice?

Robert Evans said:
In a physical body yes, though not always.......

So you agree that often, sexual identity is not a choice.

Robert Evans said:
.......but from the super-consciousness that we come from, no; you are what you are and you answer for what you are.

What super-consciousness has publically, and audibly said anything against homosexuality, and has said it to everyone in the world?

Agnostic75 said:
Yes it is [natural] since it is found in nature. Over 1500 species of animals and birds practice homosexuality. All bonobo monkeys are bisexual, and they are a close relative of humans.

Robert Evans said:
Irrelevant; murder is committed by humans and we do not say that is acceptable, but who knows, perhaps one day our morals will be so bad we might.

You said that homosexuality is not natural. The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines the word "natural" as "existing in nature and not made or caused by people : coming from nature." Therefore, homosexuality is natural. Whether or not it is acceptable is another matter, but anything that occurs in nature is natural.

It is natural, and normal to have sex. It is unnatural, and abnormal to practice sexual abstinence for life.

Robert Evans said:
As a general comment, it brings death as AIDS was seen, on-mass, in h-men and now is an epidemic involving innocents.

Again, that is a composition fallacy since you are judging the whole based upon some of the parts. 80% of American gay men to not have HIV, and an even higher percentage of lesbians do not have HIV.

Far more people suffer physical, and financial harm from preventable cases of heart disease, and obesity than from HIV, and AIDS. If you are concerned about physical health, and medical expenses, you should be concerned about all major causes of physical health problems. No one who has a preventable health problem has a right to criticize homosexuals, especially homosexuals who are healthy, and practice safe sex. Surely heterosexuals' greatest health threat by far is themselves, certainly not homosexuals as proven by widespread cases of preventable heart disease, and obesity.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
But I thought aids was the evidence for the argument that homosexuality was wrong as well from R.evans perspective. This is what I am trying to figure out. Is AIDS the actual reason for which homosexuality is wrong or is evidence that it is wrong, it cannot be both.

I never said it was a thesis that made sense.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
So... lesbians are still cool right because they have the lowest transmission of AIDS. Safer than hetero sex even. LESBIANS FOR EVERYONE!

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
For diseases etc:

The Health Risks of Gay Sex

Link to comments below:

LifeSiteNews Mobile | CDC warns gay men of ‘epidemic’ HIV rates

{"WASHINGTON, DC, July 8, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A fact sheet released at the end of June by the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) warns that HIV rates, already at epidemic proportions, are continuing to climb steadily among men who have sex with men (MSM).

"Gay and bisexual men remain at the epicenter of the HIV/AIDS epidemic," says Jonathan Mermin, the director of the CDC's division of HIV/AIDS prevention.

The CDC notes that while homosexual men make up only a very small percentage of the male population (4%), MSM account for over three-quarters of all new HIV infections, and nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of all new infections in 2010 (29,800).

"Men who have sex with men remain the group most heavily affected by HIV in the United States," the fact sheet states.

US News reports that if HIV infections among men who have sex with men (MSM) continue to rise at the current rates, more than half of college-aged homosexual men will have HIV by the age of 50.

When broken down by age group, the CDC reported that new infections among the youngest MSM, aged 13-24, increased from 7,200 infections in 2008 to 8,800 in 2010, which translates into a 22 percent increase in that time span.

Young black MSM continue to have the highest infection rate, according to the CDC, accounting for more than half (55 percent) of new infections among young MSM."}

That is all. It is an unhealthy lifestyle and they will answer to God.

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:
Message to Robert Evans: What do you recommend that homosexuals do about their homosexuality?

Robert Evans said:
What should they do, do not commit the act.

From a medical perspective, that would be a bad recommendation for homosexuals who are monogamous, healthy, and happy since having safe sex has health benefits, and long term abstinence has health risks. Some people can successfully practice abstinence for life, but many who have tried had to get medical treatment for many kinds of physical, and emotional problems.

Agnostic75 said:
Do you agree with most experts that sexual identity is not a choice?

Robert Evans said:
In a physical body yes, though not always.......

So you agree that often, sexual identity is not a choice.

Robert Evans said:
.......but from the super-consciousness that we come from, no; you are what you are and you answer for what you are.

What super-consciousness has publically, and audibly said anything against homosexuality, and has said it to everyone in the world?

If you are referring to God, what are his opinions about divorce, physician assisted suicide, the death penalty, and how much money rich people should give to poor people?

Does God disapprove of all people who have preventable health problems?

Last edited:

Agnostic75

Robert Evans said:
For diseases etc:

The Health Risks of Gay Sex

Link to comments below:

LifeSiteNews Mobile | CDC warns gay men of ‘epidemic’ HIV rates

{"WASHINGTON, DC, July 8, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A fact sheet released at the end of June by the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) warns that HIV rates, already at epidemic proportions, are continuing to climb steadily among men who have sex with men (MSM).

What about lesbians? Do you object to lesbianism?

Robert Evans said:
"Gay and bisexual men remain at the epicenter of the HIV/AIDS epidemic," says Jonathan Mermin, the director of the CDC's division of HIV/AIDS prevention.

The CDC notes that while homosexual men make up only a very small percentage of the male population (4%), MSM account for over three-quarters of all new HIV infections, and nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of all new infections in 2010 (29,800).

"Men who have sex with men remain the group most heavily affected by HIV in the United States," the fact sheet states.

Yet again, that is a composition fallacy. Wikipedia says:

Wikipedia said:
The fallacy of composition arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole (or even of every proper part).

Yes, among men who have HIV, a much higher percentage of gay men have HIV than heterosexual men do, but 80% of American gay men do not have HIV, and far more gay men die from heart disease than from AIDS.

The CDC most certainly does not recommend that all homosexuals should practice abstinence for life.

Robert Evans said:
US News reports that if HIV infections among men who have sex with men (MSM) continue to rise at the current rates, more than half of college-aged homosexual men will have HIV by the age of 50.

A 2013 article at Global HIV/Aids epidemic 'could be over by 2030' as infection rates drop by a third - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent says:

independent.co.uk said:
Global HIV/Aids epidemic 'could be over by 2030' as infection rates drop by a third

Robert Evans said:
It is an unhealthy lifestyle.......

Composition fallacy. Many homosexuals are healthy, practice safe sex, do not have any STDs, and outlive many heterosexuals who die preventable deaths from heart disease, and obesity.

HIV is much less common in some countries than it is in the U.S. An article at http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publish/7/printer_14747.php says:

gaynz.com said:
The New Zealand AIDS Foundation's advice to all gay men is to maintain the condom use that has kept HIV to low levels in New Zealand.

A Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=List_of_countries_by_HIV/AIDS_adult_prevalence_rate shows that in
2011, AIDS cases in the U.S. were six times higher per capita than they were in New Zealand.

Robert Evans said:
.......and they will answer to God.

Which God?

Will all people who have preventable health problems answer to God?

God has never made any public, audible comments about homosexuality to everyone in the world.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Pretty unreliable sources you got there, so I would say it's not all.

Besides, as has been pointed out, the vast majority of homosexual men do not have HIV.

A homosexual couple who does not have HIV in the family is not at risk at all, and neither are those who are more polygamous but still practice safe sex (use condoms, frequent testing, etc.)

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Nothing against lesbians in the Bible. Marriage semi-equality! :yes:

If AIDS is the problem, lesbianism is the cure!

And abstinence for the dudes.

Seriously that would solve the vast majority of HIV cases. If that isn't a valid solution then it's time to drop the AIDS argument, Rob.