• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Sterling Archer- what's wrong with glorifying sex? Its perfectly natural. I see nothing wrong about it.

Why must you glorify sex? Has it not occurred to you that not everybody wishes to know what Sally did with Bob, John, Billy, Joe, Max, Mark, Luke, Mary, Matilda, and Johann on the same night?

America is a generation of prostitutes honestly. Why is it that sex must rule your lives? The very core of modern youth is about either sex, stupidity or another form of debauchery now. It controls so many people now.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Why is it that sex must rule your lives?

Ya, I agree with that. There is given too much importance to sex in North America. way too much....I think the society is brain washed. people think if they don't have sex they virtually die or get sick and depressed. While this kind of brain washing itself is the reason for depression and mental health.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
Hi sojourner, isn't love to keep His commands? Why choose the commands you think are right in your own eyes, and not His other commands? KB
Could it be that Jesus said that love is the single greatest commandment? And when you think about it, when you follow that one, the rest of them just sorta fall in place.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Why must you glorify sex? Has it not occurred to you that not everybody wishes to know what Sally did with Bob, John, Billy, Joe, Max, Mark, Luke, Mary, Matilda, and Johann on the same night?

America is a generation of prostitutes honestly. Why is it that sex must rule your lives? The very core of modern youth is about either sex, stupidity or another form of debauchery now. It controls so many people now.

You see it that way. I see it as a return to the glory of societies like Greece and Rome before the Abrahamic religions gave humanity this unnatural loathing of a natural and beautiful act

Humans are the only species in all nature to get hung up about the union of soul to soul in sex

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You see it that way. I see it as a return to the glory of societies like Greece and Rome before the Abrahamic religions gave humanity this unnatural loathing of a natural and beautiful act

Humans are the only species in all nature to get hung up about the union of soul to soul in sex

Oh great. Sex involves the human soul?
Thank god I walked out in the middle of it. If I finished the deed she would probably have had my soul

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Sex is a sacred and magical joining of two energies. The Abrahamic religions have made the sacred and natural appear profane

dust1n

Zindīq
And my response to that will be if God created everything how didn't he create homosexuality?

Colossians 1:7

As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;

Colossians 1:8

Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit...

Colossians 1:15

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16

For by him were all things created [except homosexuality], that are in heaven, and that are in earth [except homosexuality], visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: [except homosexuality]

Colossians 1:17

And he is before all things [except homosexuality], and by him all things consist [except homosexuality].

dust1n

Zindīq
Colossians 1:16

For by him were all things created [except homosexuality], that are in heaven, and that are in earth [except homosexuality], visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: [except homosexuality]

Colossians 1:17

And he is before all things [except homosexuality], and by him all things consist [except homosexuality].

Replace homosexuality with sin.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Sin isn't a 'thing' to be created. It's a consequence of free will.

God created free will. We misused it and disobeyed.

You are aware homosexuality is not an action as in a verb but a noun. It is a personal preference not an action such as stealing which is a choice.

dust1n

Zindīq
Sin isn't a 'thing' to be created. It's a consequence of free will.

God created free will. We misused it and disobeyed.

Replace it with "consequences of the things God, himself, created." However you would like to stipulate the exception to everything.

Sultan Of Swing

Replace it with "consequences of the things God, himself, created." However you would like to stipulate the exception to everything.

The exception isn't necessary, because a consequence of what God has made was still made possible through Him. It is only through God's causation that sin was made possible, so you don't need to add anything to the verse.

One could say God indirectly made sin, I suppose, but simply as a consequence of our free will. But we brought it upon ourselves.