• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

dust1n

Zindīq
The exception isn't necessary, because a consequence of what God has made was still made possible through Him. It is only through God's causation that sin was made possible, so you don't need to add anything to the verse.

One could say God indirectly made sin, I suppose, but simply as a consequence of our free will. But we brought it upon ourselves.

Sin is a consequence. Consequences are things. God made everything. God made sin.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Mm. Like I said, sin corrupted our nature.

My asexuality is because of the corruption of my nature?
Then how can homosexuals not be homosexuals if they are born homosexuals? God clearly says homosexuality is a sin so essentially he condemns a person just for being born

Sultan Of Swing

My asexuality is because of the corruption of my nature?
Then how can homosexuals not be homosexuals if they are born homosexuals? God clearly says homosexuality is a sin so essentially he condemns a person just for being born

No, He doesn't say 'homosexuality' is a sin.

The homosexual act is sinful. Being born with homosexual inclinations is not.

dust1n

Zindīq
Isaiah 45:7 "I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things."

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

I mean, the Bible is pretty clear on this issue.

Sultan Of Swing

john 1:3 "all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

i mean, the bible is pretty clear on this issue.

It doesn't mean God "directly" created everything. Of course everything is only made possible through Him, yes yes.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
If I believed in 'God':

God created homosexuality to give certain people something over which to have self-righteous spluttering fits of disgust, incoherent recriminations and obscene threats of violence. To illuminate, not just their 'tolerance' of their fellow man, but their true 'appreciation' for the diversity of life and creation that we have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to experience by the incredibly tiny chance that we were born in the first place; the wonder that is life and this includes homosexuality which a portion of those who are born will be inclined towards. God created homosexuality and other suck 'icky' things to highlight those intolerant bratty ingrates, who simply do not appreciate the wonder in which we find ourselves.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
God didn't make our choices...

Of course he did. He made me knowing what choices I would make. And furthermore, he made my choice.

I don't know what better source then the Bible when it comes to God saying everything. That's what the Bible says, and I take it's word for it.

And really, it doesn't matter...

Colossians 1:17 Biblos Interlinear Bible

The actual word is more so "πάντα,"

Fro From Ancient Greek πᾶν (pan, “whole”) neuter, nominative singular of πᾶς (pas, “whole”).

πάντα - Wiktionary

pan- word-forming element meaning "all, every, whole, all-inclusive," from Greek pan-, combining form of pas (neuter pan, masculine and neuter genitive pantos) "all," from PIE *pant- "all" (with derivatives found only in Greek and Tocharian).

Online Etymology Dictionary

It doesn't really matter if it is a thing or not. If it's a part of the whole, God created it.

Sultan Of Swing

Of course he did. He made me knowing what choices I would make. And furthermore, he made my choice.

I don't know what better source then the Bible when it comes to God saying everything. That's what the Bible says, and I take it's word for it.

And really, it doesn't matter...

Colossians 1:17 Biblos Interlinear Bible

The actual word is more so "πάντα,"

Fro From Ancient Greek πᾶν (pan, “whole”) neuter, nominative singular of πᾶς (pas, “whole”).

πάντα - Wiktionary

pan- word-forming element meaning "all, every, whole, all-inclusive," from Greek pan-, combining form of pas (neuter pan, masculine and neuter genitive pantos) "all," from PIE *pant- "all" (with derivatives found only in Greek and Tocharian).

Online Etymology Dictionary

It doesn't really matter if it is a thing or not. If it's a part of the whole, God created it.

It doesn't mean God individually designed and created our choices. Our choices are only possible because God allows them. Our choices can only be made because of God, and because God allows it. Does not mean He has directly created it, however. All things are only possible with God, and through Him, but it does not mean God individually designed our choices. We have free will, and it is only because of God that we are able to exercise free will, thus our choices are only possible through Him. I don't see why you have to take that verse to mean God made the choices for us.

Curious George

Veteran Member
So after reading through the posts, I see that some have in some way suggested that God created homosexuality as a test of sorts. Well, if we are assuming the judeo chrstian God I could see that. But perhaps in a different light. If homosexuality is a test, I would suggest that it is a test to see if people who have homosexual feelings will deny the nature which the judeo christian God gave them or if they will honor it and find love despite hateful rhetoric and judgments from supposed Christians, despite misinterpretations and distortions of his supposed "word," despite people espousing condemnation and speaking for God. These people, like Job's friends, believe they can speak and judge for God.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Personally, I would rather just be myself and nowhere near a God that says I cannot love whom I desire. I see it as a very cruel to make people fall in love with someone who they will be punished for all eternity for loving your hearts desire if that is how it really is.

Well, would like to ask your opinion on these:

Does love have to be expressed with sex? Is sex a kind of love?
Do you believe there is such a thing called 'lust'?
If yes, what is 'lust' and as far as concerned with sex, how do you differentiate if it is love or lust? Are all relations true love? How do we know if a relation is true love or not?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hi sojourner, isn't love to keep His commands? Why choose the commands you think are right in your own eyes, and not His other commands? KB
God's commands through Jesus are to love God and love neighbor. that includes accepting people fully for who they are.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I believe everything needs to be done within laws and regulations.

Eating is natural, but the amount of eating, when to eat, what to eat is important for health. If we just eat whatever, whenever, too much or too less, it is unhealthy.

same goes with everything else. Like driving must be done withing certain limitation and laws. Going too fast, too slow, not stopping when need to stop can all be harmful.

What I am getting at is that, everything in life requires regulations, limits and laws, so it may be practiced safely and properly, otherwise it can be harmful.

Now, sex is not a dirty thing by itself. But just like everything else must be under certain laws, limits and regulation, otherwise, it can be harmful both to physical health and spirit. So, I believe the Law of Marriage between a man and a woman for the purpose of having a family is that limit and law that can make sex safe and meaningful. Anything outside of this law in my opinion is not proper. just my belief..
...Not that marriage between same-sex people for the purpose of having a family is any less safe and meaningful...