• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God send Satan to us instead of hell.

herushura

For this to be true then Jesus was before His mother was even born. Strange concept.

id you know that the word trinity does not appear in scripture?

Regards
DL

Mary is the Earth Mother Godess, commanly called Mother Naure.

Infact Mother Nature is an extremly ancient Goddess

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Either way he is stuck in the bowl. Can he really know the big picture? And if he cant, can he make a judgement call on being the only fish around?
I can see your point, but what if he's just making a judgment about what's going on in his own bowl? Is the existence of sea creatures relevant? That's like saying that because we don't know about any Martians we can't make judgments about proclaimed divine acts on Earth.

Ben Masada

For this to be true then Jesus was before His mother was even born. Strange concept.

id you know that the word trinity does not appear in scripture?

Regards
DL

It does not. The idea for the number was fabricated by Paul and the
decision for the name was made legal in the Fourth Century by the Church
in the Council of Trent, if I am not mistaken.

Ben :shrug:

Greatest I am

Ok...well im not going to flip my lid! HE HE..

From the start i guess i have to tell you that i believe that god and satan are both real, that heaven and hell is real, but if you like, you can use me as a guinea pig to test your theories on?

Hows that?

First..explain to me...why would humans come up with the concept of GOD?

The shaman and prophets knew that there was more to life than what they could see. They, like me, were lucky enough to communicate with this God entity. They, like I try to expresss what we saw while in the spirit. Remember that much of scripture was writen by those who wher in the spirit when revelation was given.
Unfortunately they did not stick to the facts and myth and legend did the rest.

I am not sure but there may be an innate instinctive knowledge hard wired into us.
Does a tadpole know that eventually it will become a frog or is it just happy being what it is. Who can tell.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Heneni

Miss Independent
I can see your point, but what if he's just making a judgment about what's going on in his own bowl? Is the existence of sea creatures relevant? That's like saying that because we don't know about any Martians we can't make judgments about proclaimed divine acts on Earth.

Maybe i shouldnt have used the example of knowing or not knowing whether there were other fish around.

But rather....if he thought his life in his bowl was not perfect, maybe if he left the bowl he will be able to see things more clearly and fully, and have a better understanding and more knowledge to judge his situation in his bowl as perfect or not, having more things to compare it with.

heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
The shaman and prophets knew that there was more to life than what they could see. They, like me, were lucky enough to communicate with this God entity. They, like I try to expresss what we saw while in the spirit. Remember that much of scripture was writen by those who wher in the spirit when revelation was given.
Unfortunately they did not stick to the facts and myth and legend did the rest.

I am not sure but there may be an innate instinctive knowledge hard wired into us.
Does a tadpole know that eventually it will become a frog or is it just happy being what it is. Who can tell.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Right...well im a little confused. So you are sure there is a god, but you dont agree with most about who and what he is, is that correct?

Please do continue to tell us what you communicated with the god you saw in the spirit. And what is it that he showed and told you.

Heneni

Greatest I am

You answer seems to indicate that you believe there is a god. If humans came up with the idea of god then the god they created kills people right?

heneni

I do believe in God but certainly not the God most find in scripture.
Their God does kill and breaks His own laws. Mine does not.

Would you sit there and kill ants by the ton. Not likely.
Why would any one think that God would sit there and kill humans by the millions.
Both are not likely or logical. God should be logical.

God did not turn the earth into a brothel for angels and then drown all the offsprings.

Regards
DL

Heneni

Miss Independent
I do believe in God but certainly not the God most find in scripture.
Their God does kill and breaks His own laws. Mine does not.

Would you sit there and kill ants by the ton. Not likely.
Why would any one think that God would sit there and kill humans by the millions.
Both are not likely or logical. God should be logical.

God did not turn the earth into a brothel for angels and then drown all the offsprings.

Regards
DL

Well according to your analogy about ants, god would not become an ant to save the ants either. But please. Do tell what you experienced in the spirit.

heneni

Greatest I am

True, he was talking about the spiritually dead. But then, if we came up with the idea of god, then jesus was just pretending to be his son right?

Heneni

Who knows. In those days many men of power took the name sons of God.
Emperors and their messengers took the title.
It is hard to know a modern God if we use thoulsand year old expressions without knowing the context.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Your right, we cannot do god any harm. God can create another bug, we cant, but i agree we can do god no harm. Dont think that god 'killed' people because they were doing him any harm though. They were doing themselves wrong...

I see I am not getting through.
If you saw a lower animal hurting itself, would you help it by killing it.
Why would you think God would?

but ok...we cannot do god any harm. Good point.

Regards
DL

Heneni

Miss Independent
We are part of nature. In nature, animals breed with their own kind.
God work with nature not against it.

The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
The God of man is a man.

God is suposed to be a species different than man and we are to concider Him our example for a good life. If it is OK for God to produce chimeras then it follows that it is OK for man to follow His example. I would disagree with such a policy. Would'nt you?

Would you mix alien genes with ours?
Would the product be a man? No.
If we mixed an ant with a bee, would this bee/ant be better than the individual bugs? It would not have a nitch to fill. It would not be accepted by either species.
It like Jesus would die off. If Jesus was a God then death would not touch Him. He is not and death did.

If we mix a man with a goat, would we not call the produc an abomination?

If you do not see the logic of this argument then come back with a specific on what troubles you about the concept.

Regards
DL

Im not familiar with the term chimeras...

Are you saying that god or his specie had sex with humans, and you find that to be an abomination. Is this about the sons of god having sex with the daughters of men?

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
We are not humans having a spiritual experience, we are spirits having a human experience. Even if all those people in the time of noah drowned it does not mean their spirits died, it means their flesh were fish food but their spirits went somewhere else.

heneni

Greatest I am

Question: Do fish living in a fish bowl, know that there are bigger fish in rivers and the sea? Would he judge his world as perfect or not based on what he experienced in his bowl, or would he need to get out of the bowl and look at the bigger picture to make an accurate assessment regarding the existance of other fishes?. Maybe he thinks his bowl is perfect, or maybe he thinks his bowl sucks. Either way he is stuck in the bowl. Can he really know the big picture? And if he cant, can he make a judgement call on being the only fish around?

In the same way, if we cant see the big picture, stuff will look like they are not perfect, but until we can get out of our bowl, we will have to trust.

heneni

We can only trust in what we know.
I trust that the sun will rise tomorow.
I do not trust that it will be a space ship with a big light.

Regards
DL

herushura

We are not humans having a spiritual experience, we are spirits having a human experience. Even if all those people in the time of noah drowned it does not mean their spirits died, it means their flesh were fish food but their spirits went somewhere else.

heneni

Spirit = Hebrew for Breathing

Spirtual Experience = Breathing Experience

does not mean their spirits died, if your dead, you cant breath

Heneni

Miss Independent
We can only trust in what we know.
I trust that the sun will rise tomorow.
I do not trust that it will be a space ship with a big light.

Regards
DL

Your right again. We can only trust in what we know. Some people do know god and therefore they do trust him.

heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
Spirit = Hebrew for Breathing

Spirtual Experience = Breathing Experience

does not mean their spirits died, if your dead, you cant breath

According to my bible, when jesus stopped breathing, his spirit did not stop existing, infact he came back to prove it. God is the breath of life. As long as there is breath in god, there is life in god, and there is life in us.

heneni

herushura

Herushura....when you breath your last breath, then according to you your spirit must stop being as well. But according to my bible, when jesus stopped breathing, his spirit did not stop existing, infact he came back to prove it. God is the breath of life. As long as there is breath in god, there is life in god, and there is life in us.

heneni

So Jesus was Fighting for his Life, like a Human Being

Greatest I am

Right...well im a little confused. So you are sure there is a god, but you dont agree with most about who and what he is, is that correct?

Correct. God is a cosmic consciousness.

Please do continue to tell us what you communicated with the god you saw in the spirit. And what is it that he showed and told you.

Heneni

Unfortunately no great revelation. I was told in a chastizing tone to think more demographically.

The main lesson was He/It is real.

Regards
DL