• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Athiests challenge Thiests?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3565084 said:
Don't you mean, thank you M.V.? :p

Not according to my phone.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3565111 said:
:) Your phone must be infallible and a Jealous Mobile! :p
N o just cracked and outdated

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
A list of all the books wherein wisdom can be found is a futile effort; the list would be the length of an entire massive book.

I've not read any of those works (though I've read the first bits of the Kitab-i-Aqdas), but I've read plenty of wisdom.

Here's another piece of wisdom for you to read. Don't read those books.

Enai de a lukal

Someone for whom god exists.
That's not right; there are no such people, because God does not exist (and if he doesn't exist for you, he doesn't exist for me either, unfortunately). Of course, someone laboring under the delusion that he does might say such a silly thing, or else someone with a good sense of humor.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
That's not right; there are no such people, because God does not exist (and if he doesn't exist for you, he doesn't exist for me either, unfortunately). Of course, someone laboring under the delusion that he does might say such a silly thing, or else someone with a good sense of humor.
You have essentially declared that there are no theists. While that's an interesting attitude, it's not one that I share.

Enai de a lukal

You have essentially declared that there are no theists. While that's an interesting attitude, it's not one that I share.
Um, no... Theism requires people that believe God exists- not "for whom God exists" (no more than people believing in Bigfoot means that for them, Bigfoot does exist- Bigfoot's, and God's, existence is the same for everyone...).

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Everyone is an atheist to some degree. Christians do not believe in the 12 Olympian gods, allah, Imhotep, etc. for example. Some of us just go one god further.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Also, Something else I'd like to add to my initial question.

If God is real,
And I die, I'll go to heaven because of my faith (over-simplifying but you get the point)

If God is not real,
And I die, I'll just be dead.

If God is real and an Athiest dies, They'll go to hell.
If God is not real and an Athiest dies, nothing will happen.

Explain an Athiest's logic, As to why they think it's better to have no faith.
What if you die and find out the Muslims were right? Then you're in the same boat as me (an atheist). How much time do you spend worrying about that?

Pascal's Wager stinks.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
What if you die and find out the Muslims were right? Then you're in the same boat as me (an atheist). How much time do you spend worrying about that?

Pascal's Wager stinks.

Which Muslims are you referring to? Salafists? Because most Muslims believe what the Qur'an says that all monotheists will go to Paradise no matter what religion they follow.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Which Muslims are you referring to? Salafists? Because most Muslims believe what the Qur'an says that all monotheists will go to Paradise no matter what religion they follow.

What if you die an the Greeks and their Olympian gods were right?

Or the Egyptians and theirs?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Because most Muslims believe what the Qur'an says that all monotheists will go to Paradise no matter what religion they follow.

I suppose that your confident knowledge of what hundreds of millions of individuals actually believe is some rare species of rationally-formed belief.

Enai de a lukal

Pascal's Wager stinks.

Or, maybe God's looking to out-Luther Luther; maybe God wants us to withhold belief, and keeps an especially cozy spot in Hell reserved for those who suspend their rational intellect just to try to get ahead in the game... :shrug:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Do you think those Muslims consider trinitarian Christians to be monotheists?