• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do christianity get so much hate?

Why do christianity get so much hate? It is really frustrating. I am not a christian but I think about christians that get hate just because of the religion they are following. It is so sad

Christianity, at its core, is about love, compassion, and understanding. Perhaps some of this negativity stems from misunderstandings or the actions of a few who do not truly represent our faith's values. We should respond to this hatred not with more hatred, but with love and open dialogue. Let us be living examples of Christ's teachings, showing kindness and respect to all. Through our actions, we can help others see the true face of Christianity.

wellwisher

Why do christianity get so much hate? It is really frustrating. I am not a christian but I think about christians that get hate just because of the religion they are following. It is so sad
I has to do with bullies going after easy targets. The Christian motto of love, forgiveness and turn the other cheek, seems to attract bullies. The bullies feel they can attack with no consequences. They are afraid of religions like Jews and Muslims who have an eye for eye philosophy. Bullies go after the easy targets, not target that will bite back.

Audie

Veteran Member
Christianity, at its core, is about love, compassion, and understanding. Perhaps some of this negativity stems from misunderstandings or the actions of a few who do not truly represent our faith's values. We should respond to this hatred not with more hatred, but with love and open dialogue. Let us be living examples of Christ's teachings, showing kindness and respect to all. Through our actions, we can help others see the true face of Christianity.
Easy to say thats what it's all about. It's absent from the o.t.

Negativity is a result of observing lip service only.
The dishonesty of " misunderstanding" and " few" dpesnt help.

Nor the same about lumping all disdain, distrust,
disbelief under " hate" and trying to leverage that
into a christian capture of the moral high ground.

There's centuries of savage abuses to overcome,
but sure, if you guys all excise naughty bits like
the denunciation of atheists and claims to the one perfect truth, that would be a start.

But those are integral, core concepts, so we dont expect it.

Oh, and put the "love and open dialogue" into action.

Though it's not even possible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Christianity, at its core, is about love, compassion, and understanding.
That is what Jesus taught, so that is what Christianity should be about, but unfortunately, Christianity is about these four doctrines:

1) Jesus is God
2) Jesus is the only way to God
3) Jesus rose from the dead
4) Jesus is going to return to earth

These four doctrines separate Christians from everyone else and single them out as superior to every other religion.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I don't worry much about all that. I have my hands full keeping myself in line.
I like the thought another poster alluded to here --
Psalm 32:7
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

YoursTrue

I don't worry much about all that. I have my hands full keeping myself in line.
I learned so much about what was and was not acceptable to God when I studied the Bible in earnest. And yes, I know I have a lot to go...with God's help. Take care, Kathryn.

Coder

I believe:

Though it's not even possible.
Yes, I was somewhat like that!

Then I realized (with God's help) about the Roman religious patterns. So here is dialog for those Christians that may be interested ("open" to dialog as you say):

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I believe:

Yes, I was like that! Then I realized (with God's help) the truth about this Roman religion: The "beautiful theology" is derived from an artificially-fabricated "all things to all people" Roman religion. So I try to help Christians see that their zeal, while generally well-intended, is misguided. It is difficult but we have excellent information for those who are willing to know the truth and explanations for the "mysteries" of the practices that are blindly accepted, but no one really relates to:

In order to better understand this, as far as I am concerned, is the idea that God created Adam and as a result death came to all of us.

Coder

I believe:
In order to better understand this, as far as I am concerned, is the idea that God created Adam and as a result death came to all of us.
Hi, the idea is that Christian theology and Scripture is not the answer to that question. Some insights/answers may be present and that's part of the problem; The other purposes in the Paulinian line of Christianity may occlude/minimize some of the important teachings of Rabbi Jesus. One must be careful reading NT, because some of the teachings in NT are artificial for a purpose and create untrue stories about Jesus saying things.

One can perceive two religions in the NT: The teachings of Jesus, and the man-God-messiah teachings that are not from Jesus, but are fibs that are inserted to generally match the Paulinian line of "Christ"ianity. "Christ" in quotes as Greek for messiah. The name itself in Greek itself is revealing. It's almost a humorous failure, the messiah that the people of the messiah don't even accept! However, the religion evolved to be backed by the educated Greek elites who changed it to be more of a Roman unification religion, and then the government supported it (first heretics punished in 4th century, continued into 16th century, beyond?).

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I believe:

Hi, the idea is that Christian theology and Scripture is not the answer to that question. Some insights/answers may be present and that's part of the problem; The other purposes in the Paulinian line of Christianity may occlude/minimize some of the important teachings of Rabbi Jesus. One must be careful reading NT, because some of the teachings in NT are artificial for a purpose and create untrue stories about Jesus saying things.

You can perceive see two religions in the NT: The teachings of Jesus, and the man-God-messiah teachings that are not from Jesus, but fibs that are inserted to generally match the Paulinian line of "Christ"ianity. "Christ" in quotes as Greek for messiah. The name itself in Greek itself is revealing. It's almost a humorous failure, the messiah that the people of the messiah don't even accept! However, when you have a religion that evolves to be backed by the educated Greek elites and then supported by the government (first heretics punished in 4th century, continued into 16th century, beyond?) and the religion carries forward to now, one doesn't often question the logic. The failure to question the logic, happens for two reasons: 1. Either out of belief, because who would tell such untruths! 2. Fear / conforming. (and 3, a combination of both).
I think you'd have to be more explicit about your beliefs in order for me to understand them.

Coder

I think you'd have to be more explicit about your beliefs in order for me to understand them.
Hi, this thread isn't about my beliefs. This thread has asked for input regarding potential improvements to a.) Christian approaches and b.) Understanding of Christian theology and Scripture.

Whateverist

What I most criticize Christianity for is its claim to exclusivity. Its truth is true so no one else's can be. If only Christianity could own that their mythos points at the same divine mystery as surely as any other .. have the humility not to put themselves first .. put the good of humanity above their greedy need for certainty.

Last edited: