• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do many Muslims believe that God wants them to injure, kill, or imprison homosexuals?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
homosexuality and the other acts you have mentioned are not equal.
NO, they're not. Homosexuality involves equal love between consenting adults. Those things are based on inequality and minors, much harder to defend.

why do you see polygamy as a bad thing? do you know the islamic teachings upon it?
Pretty much, yeah.

do you even know the reasons behind Muhammeds (saws) marriage to Aisha (ra).
do you even know that in islam a child who reaches puberty is considered an adult, like an 18 or 21 year old is? do you even know anything about islam?
Wow, another horrible fact about Islam. Keep them coming, eselam. That's really awful.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
OK eselam, I defended islam earlier on the child marriage thing, but to say that a child at puberty is an adult is flat out false. There is no doubt that a child of 12 or 14 years can possibly truly understand all the implications involved in being devoted to a spouse. To act as though it is otherwise is dangerous to the wellbeing of young people IMO.

thank you for your defence, but by considering a 14 year old an adult, it doesn't mean that they are to get married on their birth day in the west an 18 year old is considered an adult, so does that mean that everyone who turn 18 must get married straight away? a marriege between 2 people where one is older than 18 and the other below 18 is not permitted, but they are still permited to have a relationship. i don't know which you consider worse?

if a 14 year old does not want to marry then simple, he/she doesn't. however, forcing them to marry is against islamic teachings. they can marry whom ever they want and when ever they want. in islam a woman can have an ancovered head infront of a child who has not reached puberty and is not a close relative, once the child reaches puberty then the woman is not permitted to have her head unveiled.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yes thank you I wanted someone to post exactly this reasoning. Now everyone go back and read the slights against homosexuality comparing it to killing yourself, bestiality, adultery... oh the irony, the saddest part is none of the Muslims will see it.

Apparently two adults loving each other and wanting to make a lifetime commitment is un-Islamic, but giving your young daughter away to be the 4th bride of a man she's never met is Islamic. Great religion you've got there, eselam.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I didn't say you specifically did I? I was referring to some of the disgusting things I read from Muslims in the gay animal thread.

then post them. i doubt any muslim in that thread said being a homosexual person is equal to killing yourself, to adultery, to rape etc.

no-body

then post them. i doubt any muslim in that thread said being a homosexual person is equal to killing yourself, to adultery, to rape etc.

Yeah, I'd rather not call anyone out specifically. Anyone can go to the Islam DIR and read the comments.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Apparently two adults loving each other and wanting to make a lifetime commitment is un-Islamic, but giving your young daughter away to be the 4th bride of a man she's never met is Islamic. Great religion you've got there, eselam.

forcing ones daughter to marry is un-islamic you said it yourself, giving her away to a man she's never met. that is so un-islamic.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yeah, I'd rather not call anyone out specifically. Anyone can go to the Islam DIR and read the comments.

they can go to the thread and i can tell you that they will not find any post that says homosexuality is equal to rape. don't tell lies next time.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
forcing ones daughter to marry is un-islamic you said it yourself, giving her away to a man she's never met. that is so un-islamic.

Are you suggesting that a thirteen-year old girl is in a position to give her consent to marry?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
NO, they're not. Homosexuality involves equal love between consenting adults. Those things are based on inequality and minors, much harder to defend.

right, how silly of me, i forgot that homosexuality is about 2 consenting adults. that makes it fine then correct?

Pretty much, yeah.

pretty much, yeah. what?

Wow, another horrible fact about Islam. Keep them coming, eselam. That's really awful.

what horrible fact?

no-body

they can go to the thread and i can tell you that they will not find any post that says homosexuality is equal to rape. don't tell lies next time.

Yeah no one says it is equal to any of those things outright no but it is heavily implied. Like with the polygamy and child bride things it is subtle... you think a child that young is going to go against their parents wishes? You think a woman is going to complain about being another wife? Sure they might be able to decline but the psychological and cultural factors keeping them in their place aren't really addressed now are they.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Are you suggesting that a thirteen-year old girl is in a position to give her consent to marry?

if she isn't, then problem solved, she doesn't marry no one untill she is in a position to give consent and she may only marry whom she wills.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yeah no one says it is equal to any of those things outright no but it is heavily implied.

no it is not. i have posted in that thread. i am the one whose made examples of those things you mentioned and i never said they are equal to homosexuality. in my very first post in the first page i asked wether killing ones child is ok? the answer was no, but i said animals do it too so it must be ok. but the answer was still no. the reason why i braught that up was because pro-homosexuals use animal homosexual behaviour examples to justify human homosexual behaviour. but i never said killing your child is equal to being homosexual. i was only making a point that it is not a valid argument to use animals behaviour to justify that of humans. so once again you were wrong.

Like with the polygamy and child bride things it is subtle... you think a child that young is going to go against their parents wishes?

yes. i would if my parents were to tell me that i had to spend my life with someone i didn't know. the parents are not even allowed to forcefully marry their child. this kind of thing happens in modern day saudi arabia. a parent gives his child to someone else forcefully in order to patch things up financially. this is not islamic.

You think a woman is going to complain about being another wife?

maybe not, but a woman being the first wife and then becoming just another wife might complain. if the contract says that the husband cannot mary other women then thats final. if he does marry other women then the contract is broken along with the marriage, ie. they get divorced. the laws of islam are very simple.

Sure they might be able to decline but the psychological and cultural factors keeping them in their place aren't really addressed now are they.

what do you mean by this.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
right, how silly of me, i forgot that homosexuality is about 2 consenting adults. that makes it fine then correct?
Yes, I realize you have trouble with that concept, so try to bear it in mind.

Well, that's one of the factors that makes it fine. Here are some others:

It doesn't harm anyone.
It's a form of love.
It's one of the diverse varieties that add richness to the human tapestry.
It's based on honesty and integrity.

pretty much, yeah. what?
I pretty much am familiar with Islamic teaching on polygamy.

what horrible fact?
in islam a child who reaches puberty is considered an adult, like an 18 or 21 year old
That's an indefensible position--really awful. But it's Islamic!

no-body

no it is not. i have posted in that thread. i am the one whose made examples of those things you mentioned and i never said they are equal to homosexuality. in my very first post in the first page i asked wether killing ones child is ok? the answer was no, but i said animals do it too so it must be ok. but the answer was still no. the reason why i braught that up was because pro-homosexuals use animal homosexual behaviour examples to justify human homosexual behaviour. but i never said killing your child is equal to being homosexual. i was only making a point that it is not a valid argument to use animals behaviour to justify that of humans. so once again you were wrong.

There are two gay animal threads, the one for Muslims only in the Islam DIR is the one I am referring to. There are several posts sarcastically stating if allowing people to commit incest or adultery is OK since they are hurting no one.

yes. i would if my parents were to tell me that i had to spend my life with someone i didn't know. the parents are not even allowed to forcefully marry their child. this kind of thing happens in modern day saudi arabia. a parent gives his child to someone else forcefully in order to patch things up financially. this is not islamic.
Do you know what it feels like to be a pre-teen girl? A pre-teen Muslim girl?

maybe not, but a woman being the first wife and then becoming just another wife might complain. if the contract says that the husband cannot mary other women then thats final. if he does marry other women then the contract is broken along with the marriage, ie. they get divorced. the laws of islam are very simple.

what do you mean by this.

:sarcastic

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
if she isn't, then problem solved, she doesn't marry no one untill she is in a position to give consent and she may only marry whom she wills.

You're missing the point. A child is not old enough to consent to sex or marriage. The fact that your religion asserts that she is is yet another point against it. If you're trying to explain why Islam is a bad thing, you're doing fantastic.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
There's those darned so-called Muslims again, practicing their religion in a way that eselam doesn't approve of. They should ask you first.
And very unequal.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yes, I realize you have trouble with that concept, so try to bear it in mind.

Well, that's one of the factors that makes it fine. Here are some others:

It doesn't harm anyone.
It's a form of love.
It's one of the diverse varieties that add richness to the human tapestry.
It's based on honesty and integrity.

ah right, tell me, did you give consent to your parents to have you before they had you? did you get a say in comming to life?

I pretty much am familiar with Islamic teaching on polygamy.

before i make a judgement, tell me the basics.

That's an indefensible position--really awful. But it's Islamic!

of course, by considering a 14 year old an adult, he/she must straight away get married. there are no other important things in life other than just marriage wich can only be acheived by becoming an adult, like getting a licence, having more control over your life etc. this topic is really showing how ignorant you guys can be if you really want to. to prove my point, i will wait for your reply.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
ah right, tell me, did you give consent to your parents to have you before they had you? did you get a say in comming to life?
Let's just review your point. Since people can't consent to being conceived, young children should be able to consent to having sex with adults? That's your argument? Wait--are you Catholic?

before i make a judgement, tell me the basics.
No thanks. Not interested in being tested. Let me know if you have a point.

of course, by considering a 14 year old an adult, he/she must straight away get married. there are no other important things in life other than just marriage wich can only be acheived by becoming an adult, like getting a licence, having more control over your life etc. this topic is really showing how ignorant you guys can be if you really want to. to prove my point, i will wait for your reply.
Fascinating and irrelevant to this thread. Your point is that under Islam, a 12-year old girl who has gone through puberty is old enough to consent to marriage. We get it. We understand. And, of course, we have our opinions about that doctrine. Personally, I find it abhorrent, like much of so-called Islamic "morals." I think children should reach adulthood before they can consent to marry. But then, I'm not Muslim.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What cracks me up is that eselam is saying, basically, homosexuality is bad, because Islam condemns it, but pedophilia is good, because Islam permits it. Sorry, eselam, pedophilia is bad whether Islam permits it or not. If Islam permits it, then Islam is bad.